BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lovely ground isn't it! I used to work just up the road and on many occasions it would be full of mist whilst being totally clear elsewhere, a ground that does need visiting though. Faz has surprised me, I've always thought he was a decent player but short of being in the elite, this season could change that.

This talk of Mossop going to the Eels is interesting. One of the Eels scouts is very good friends of my mate and the bloke I always go to rugby with. He came over last year and we took him to a few games. Jokingly I asked he who he's going to recommend to which he replied Mossop and Prescott. Prescott wont get a consideration now and I though Mossop's injuries would have put any move in doubt but it does seem that he could be off.

You might be happy to see top players leave domestic RL but I'm not especially when they are ours and have been trained through the academy. We've now lost Chris Ashton, Owen Farrell, Joel Tomkins, Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop, who all came through the academy. I know for a fact that Liam Farrell and Josh Charnley are getting some serious attention and Wigan have confirmed Sam will be off to the NRL next year. As for RL dying, it will with the way it's going but definitely not for the reasons stated above.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the latest master plan guys ? Venkys have got rivals in the keaning up the game stakes in my opinion. Whoever thought that one up wants sacking. We need one division of super league and then a western division and an eastern division for the rest. Promotion and relegation for both leagues with the proviso that the two teams that get promoted to super league can't be relegated for the first season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• 3 weeks later...

Tough game at the Etihad last night but Wigan came through, just about. Either side could have won.

Made our way to the south east corner after someone on rl fans said they had a Wigan reserved ticket in the South Stand (we were unreserved) only to see a mass of cherry & white at the opposite end of the ground. Still there were loads of Warriors fans around us, good for the banter, the beer was going down well, talking to Leeds, FC, Warrington and Oldham fans. No hint of trouble, the police must have been scratching their heads, drinking from your seat as is the norm at RL.

By the way, four pints of Fosters came in at £16.80 - value for money not. Still, City must need the money....

Thanks Ozz. As a fairly recent convert to Rugby League (yr 2000), virtually all my time watching the lads has been at the JJB/DW. However I was fortunate to visit Central Park, just the once in 1994 against Featherstone. I stood on the corner by the floodlight, not too far from where your top photograph was taken.

Don't get to sit on the front fence at DW like I used to at Central Park :D

Had a great day at Magic Weekend yesterday. First game was a bit slow in the first half but come round in the second. Huddersfield just too good for Bradford.

Didn't think Wigan played particularly well overall but the defence held strong enough to keep them out near the end. Would've loved it if Tomkin's kick from half way would've gone in!

Could've done without them keep showing Pat Richard's cut on his face every 5 minutes, blergh!

Really like the Magic Weekend, great day out, no bother, you're allowed to do stuff (drink, stand up, doing the conga, have fun etc.) that would be a chuckable out offence at the footy!! Also, I quite like the Etihad as a venue for it.

Forgot to add - worse ball 'persons' ever!

Edited by cn174

I don't get it, the whole point of the video ref is to look at it from every angle possible over and over again. I didn't see it but Ganson normally takes an age over any decision, can't understand how he missed it!

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting game on Friday against Widnes. Wigan will probably be playing the youngest team to every contest a SL game. I can only see a Widnes win but to see so many youth players out there it'll be fascinating!

Yep, a very difficult game now. I was at Leigh for the pre season friendly when we were made up of fringe players and young lads. We were battered and didn't get much of a look in. Since then, though, most of the youngsters have come on leaps and bounds and I'm much more optimistic when any of them play. The sheer numbers of missing first team regulars tomorrow will make it a tough one to win.

Yep cracking result really. Of course there was some really stupid RL played but that's understandable. Was really impressed with Taylor, he is going to be one hell of a forward and no doubt will be NRL bound before too long! Thought Logan T had a good game and I don't really rate him but he showed something. Going forward we're only short in the wingers and hooker department so who ever is the coach next season wont have to do much tinkering.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Norbert

Noticed that 70-0 result. Jesus christ! Out of interest, which is seen as the stronger league, ours, or the NRL? I know there are quite a few Aussies/Kiwis/Islanders over here, but are they the better guys, or those who couldn't get into the NRL teams?

Noticed that 70-0 result. Jesus christ! Out of interest, which is seen as the stronger league, ours, or the NRL? I know there are quite a few Aussies/Kiwis/Islanders over here, but are they the better guys, or those who couldn't get into the NRL teams?

Now it's very much the NRL, they have a much larger salary cap and are picking off the best of our talent. I'd still say that the top two/three clubs in SL would be competing at the top of the NRL and the bottom clubs in the NRL would be middle of SL but that'll change.

I took no pleasure out of the result yesterday, all it was show the gulf between the top and bottom clubs. I had hoped the London players would've risen to the challenge but once they felt the power of our forwards they crumbled.

Clare,unlucky, still Rovers might give you a chance of going to Wembley next year :lol:

Couldn't make the semi final at Leigh unfortunately. All day sesh in the Ribble Valley that me and the mrs organised for 40 odd and that we couldn't get out of.

Got two tickets today for Wembley. Already had a hotel in Harrow on the Hill booked for the Friday and Saturday nights.

Great game this afternoon, Warrington losing out ( :lol:) to a determined Hull FC. Should be a superb final.

Oooh eck!

I'll give 'em a shout or two for you Clare.

I know...we could've had another beer in covent garden again!! I'm going to attempt getting home without knowing the score...see how I get on! heh