BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tickets for the United game

It's my Dad's 60th birthday this year and as a present I'd like to get him flights to England an tickets to the game. I know that tickets can sometimes be hard to come by for United games, particularly as it is the last home game of the season, and I was wondering if someone might help me get my hands on a couple.

Sorry for turning this into a topic, wasn't sure how else to do it.

...and along similar lines:

If you're looking to get to ewood straight from the airport is it best to fly into Manchester?

Yes. Train with a change at Bolton takes about 1 hour 20 to 1 hour 40, depending on timings. Taxi about 45 minutes I'd suggest, it's an easy journey by car.

If you get stuck for tickets let me know, shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried calling the ticket office? They sometimes help with unusual situations. Might be our last (ever?) PL home fixture but I expect high ticket prices and low expectations.

...I'd say either Manchester, Liverpool, or even Blackpool (closer) if they have a flight.

Eddie,

1st time on here for 5 months......so angry with those chicken idiots.

A word of advice - do not travel to Ewood to/from Manchester or environs by train as they will be full of drunken, foul mouthed mancs.

If you want my 2 tickets in the Jack Walker Upper you can have them for nowt,

I am not renewing and will pick and choose the odd game to attend next season. And before the young runts on the MB have a go about plastic fan etc for information I have been going to Ewood for 43 years (started at 8) and have had seson tickets for at least the last 25 years. I cannot bring myself to watch crap players managed by a plank and my team owned by turkeys (sorry chickens).

Eddie PM me, you can also have my BBEnd car park pass if you get a hire car.

cheers

Mike

A word of advice - do not travel to Ewood to/from Manchester or environs by train as they will be full of drunken, foul mouthed mancs.

This is good advice!! The train from Manc with that lot is the worst journey ever, and wouldn't make for a good birthday present at all for your dad!

Eddie,

1st time on here for 5 months......so angry with those chicken idiots.

I am not renewing and will pick and choose the odd game to attend next season. And before the young runts on the MB have a go about plastic fan etc for information I have been going to Ewood for 43 years (started at 8) and have had seson tickets for at least the last 25 years. I cannot bring myself to watch crap players managed by a plank and my team owned by turkeys (sorry chickens).

Channel that anger into the supporters trust PB, I've resigned myself to the fact that they are the last throw of the dice when it comes to influencing our new owners and trying to undo some of the harm they've done since they took over.

I hope you dont mind me asking in your thread Eddie. Its ticket related too so didnt feel like starting a new thread just for one quick question.

Can someone please tell me why I dont seem to find any tickets for the City game at onerovers.co.uk?

DO NOT GET THE TRAIN FROM MANCHESTER

There is more than one way to Blackburn via the train.

Rather than use the 3rd world snails pace Clitheroe service you can use the Trans Pennine Express Blackpool North train from Manchester Airport or Picadilly to Preston then get the Colne service from Preston to either Blackburn or Mill Hill

I hope you dont mind me asking in your thread Eddie. Its ticket related too so didnt feel like starting a new thread just for one quick question.

Can someone please tell me why I dont seem to find any tickets for the City game at onerovers.co.uk?

I'm not sure, but City is always a game when the ticket office is more particular about who they are selling to, to try and stop them from getting into home areas. It could well be they've decided not to sell online for that reason.

I'm not sure, but City is always a game when the ticket office is more particular about who they are selling to, to try and stop them from getting into home areas. It could well be they've decided not to sell online for that reason.

Very true....and more than likely the real reason.

Just give them a bell if you want a ticket

There is more than one way to Blackburn via the train.

Rather than use the 3rd world snails pace Clitheroe service you can use the Trans Pennine Express Blackpool North train from Manchester Airport or Picadilly to Preston then get the Colne service from Preston to either Blackburn or Mill Hill

This

Get the train to Preston from Piccadilly and change to get to Mill Hill.

Do that and you avoid all the Mancs who go Manc Victoria-Blackburn.

I hadn't thought about Utd fans when I suggested the train. There are plenty of Chorley based private hire taxis who do the airport run for around £40 so I'm sure you will find the same in Blackburn. It's regular easy business for many firms.

An unscheduled, black cab pick up from Manchester airport to Blackburn would be ridiculously expensive. Try and prebook, I'd guess it'd be about £75+ prebooking, well over £100 for a walk on.

The company i work for will pick you up from airport & drop you at your hotel or Ewood Park for £40. If you want the number to ring & pre-book, then feel free to pm me ;)

Please don`t use Manchester airport black cabs.....it`ll cost you double that!! :blink:

Archived