BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have done that under Allardyce Jimmy, and I did for a short while. But I soon realised that away games didn't seem to hold the same importance as home games, as did the others I went with. We all agreed that until this lack of respect for away games changed, we'd stop going away, but I must admit I didn't expect it to last past his first season, but it did.

Now people can come on and say I'm talking cr@p, and we have no idea about football, but thats how we felt as a group of fans, so to us it was the right thing to do and we voted with our feet.

You ARE talking crap and you DO know nothing about football. Last season we finished 10th overall and based solely on home results we were in 9th position whilst judged solely on away results we finished in 12th position.

Not bad for a team with no brass.

You really are the weakest link Gav...

That's funny, here I was thinking that the thing that made football fans most happy was seeing their team win, and we just lost the manager who provided Rovers fans with the second best home record since promotion.

Or the man that had us 10th last season and, had he been allowed to continue his job and carried on the same form (pretty much the form he'd had for the last two years), wouldve had us 9th right now.

But no, you're right, if Kean keeps us up and we finish 17th, we would have lost nothing.

You're on the list. Congratulations.

YES! What do I win?

YES! What do I win?

A years supply of fresh chickens, well, they were fresh when they left India :lol:

Why are people still so infatuated with this guy? He has nothing to do with whether you're happy with Kean.

He's gone, get over him. If we stay up then we've lost nothing by him going.

Lets all pine for perpetual nothingness. Sad.

We have lost our respect as a football club and our ability to sign proper footballers from now until we get rid of Kean, Venkys or both!!

I wonder if there's anything in there about the inconvenience of a midfield.

I think there might be a passage saying "teams that win more matches and finish higher up the league are better than teams that win fewer matches and end up near relegation. Fans prefer it when their teams win matches". It's a basic fundamental aspect of football which you seem to be struggling with.

Our players could do with that...

...since they only know how to play hoofball.

I'd imagine it goes through the myriad of different styles in which football can be played.

You should add it to your cart too...

We have lost our respect as a football club and our ability to sign proper footballers from now until we get rid of Kean, Venkys or both!!

I'm not discussing Kean of Venkys, I just want to establish the infatuation that people have with Allardyce. Just as a side note though, we haven't had the respect of the mass media or by proxy the everyday fan anyway. We bought the league, Shearer won us the league etc. Just some of the complete balls that we had to endure throughout the late 90s. Who cares, it just makes it all the sweeter when we actually do well.

If you're lucky you win the pleasure of not having to converse with him again.

You can only learn a creatures habits by studying it.

He went through plenty of dross at Bolton.

Funny.... You forgot to mention that he signed lots of quality too! After all he must have to have been 5th placed behind MU,Arse, Chelsea and Lpool in top 10 consecutive Prem finishes.

Keep it balanced and keep it truthful topman there's a good chap. ;)

I think there might be a passage saying "teams that win more matches and finish higher up the league are better than teams that win fewer matches and end up near relegation. Fans prefer it when their teams win matches".

I bet there isn't.

Funny.... You forgot to mention that he signed lots of quality too! After all he must have to have been 5th placed behind MU,Arse, Chelsea and Lpool in top 10 consecutive Prem finishes.

Keep it balanced and keep it truthful topman there's a good chap. ;)

Herp de derp.

I think this is more about the manager we have signed than the one we sacked. If Rovers had signed a decent manager this would not be being debated. I could notn stand Allardyce. he is and always will be Mr. Bolton. You can debate whether we would be in a better position than we are now till the cows come home but you can never prove that. We were thumped 7-1 with him in charge.

Such irrelevent points and so irrationally bitter. Sh1t happens in football chocky. Get over it. :blink:

Here you go chocky, just to show how stupid your argument is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlulRzU27Q

or how about this 1-5 defeat to your biggest and bitterest ever rival?

How do you think Man Utd would have gone on since 1989 if they had sacked Mr ManU Alex Ferguson way back then?

You're right, it's far too obvious a point to put in there.

Even the people who'd buy that book would understand that.

That's a bit presumptuous.

[EDIT] Anyway, I think I've got my point across about how pointless an inane this whole Allardyce loving is. He's gone, get over it...

Off to get another beer.

The Allardyce fans are the one's clutching at straws. I stand by my statement that if Rovers had signed a decent manager we would not be debating Allardyce the great one..and noone can prove that we would be in a better position with Allardyce still in charge..That is an assumption..

If yout auntie had bolloxcks she'd have been your uncle. You really are so bitter that the prospect of Rovers going head first over a precipice doesn't outweigh your irrational hatred toward a person that you have never met.

Have you tried counselling? Anger management courses? I think you need to.

Poyet wouldn't have been a bad shout.

But you don't sack Sam in order to bring Gus Poyet in.

Poyet is flavour of the month right now and rightly so. But what on earth would have caused us to have approached him way back in December to step up to manage a Prem team so soon after we'd had our fingers badly burned by the clown that was ince?

Poyet is flavour of the month right now and rightly so. But what on earth would have caused us to have approached him way back in December to step up to manage a Prem team so soon after we'd had our fingers badly burned by the clown that was ince?

Because he's clearly no Ince..where did Everton find Moyes ffs..

I'll lay you a wager that Poyet will have a far more illustrious career than Allardyce.

By the way I find it more than a bit rich when one of the most embittered posters on here accuses others of being bitter...

Archived