BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

It's a valid question to ask.

Part of analysing a managers success (which what this thread is asking) is looking at how they performed in the transfer market. I think its perfectly reasonable to look at his record, one that I personally think was poor on that front.

+1

The thread is clearly not "Sam should have been sacked, what do you think? It is whether he is a good manager or not, querying his transfer record is a valid avenue.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know maybe as Chimbonda cost 1.5 million and he was trying to justify where the £7 million plus went? Would you as chairman reveal individual wages to the public?

You dont know me, you have been on here for 4 months and are repeat posting on a number of threads, makes for a balanced debate. :rolleyes:

Sorry am I only supposed to in one thread? What are you trying to say?

+1

The thread is clearly not "Sam should have been sacked, what do you think? It is whether he is a good manager or not, querying his transfer record is a valid avenue.

No one ever said this was the BFS should have been sacked thread.

Of course managers are judged on how they perform in the transfere market. But surely more importantly is the number of points they get?

Sorry am I only supposed to in one thread? What are you trying to say?

I am saying that you are bombarding the same material on a number of threads Keans copy and paste record to name one post, what is the reasoning behind it?

You say that I am stirring when you don't me, I have been on here for nearly two years and love my club.

You are hung up on my wording but fail to acknowledge your own massive inaccuracies, Warnock was sold for £7 million+ not £5 million, Rafa did not sign Cisse Houllier did, to name two, "those in glass houses..."

Valid to look at aspects such as player recruitment which is important, however ultimately it is results which is what matters when defining success.

Sam was not perfect (not many manager's are) and could have improved on certain areas but he managed in challenging circumstances which also needs to be taken into account.

Seems like imy is looking to uncover any negatives from the previous regime for personal satisfaction/gratification. I think we were run very well on/off the pitch - the current form guide tells us all what we need to know and validates certain opinions.......not that I am taking any satisfaction from it at this moment in time.

Seems like imy is looking to uncover any negatives from the previous regime for personal satisfaction/gratification. I think we were run very well on/off the pitch - the current form guide tells us all what we need to know and validates certain opinions.......not that I am taking any satisfaction from it at this moment in time.

A more eloquent version of what I was trying to put across.

Valid to look at aspects such as player recruitment which is important, however ultimately it is results which is what matters when defining success.

Sam was not perfect (not many manager's are) and could have improved on certain areas but he managed in challenging circumstances which also needs to be taken into account.

So is it ok to question what has happened previously or is that off limits? How can you have a balanced debate on anything without looking at the negatives as well as the positives?

I am saying that you are bombarding the same material on a number of threads Keans copy and paste record to name one post, what is the reasoning behind it?

You say that I am stirring when you don't me, I have been on here for nearly two years and love my club.

You are hung up on my wording but fail to acknowledge your own massive inaccuracies, Warnock was sold for £7 million+ not £5 million, Rafa did not sign Cisse Houllier did, to name two, "those in glass houses..."

As Liverpool is not my club, I have no clue as to who signed Cisse. I got the information from The Times and if they got it wrong I am happy to say I copied it wrong. 100% correct my mistake I said £5 million and the figure is £7 million again I am more than happy to say I got it wrong. With hindsight £7 million was a great deal for Rovers.

I have never said you did not love Rovers, unlike others who have called you a Dingle.

As for posting the Kean's win percentage multiple times its the easies way to show he is not the right person to manage Rovers.

That is i just not true, if you were to say that BFS away record was a joke. I doubt you would find anyone would disagree with you.

I would disagree with that, last season we finished 13th in the league for points gained away from home. When you extract the top 6 who have spent supreme amounts of money compared to most that would mean that we were about midway amongst all of the other teams, not superb but certainly not a joke. As i mentioned above, if you couple that with excellent home form then its the makings of a very decent Premier league side.

The facts are there for people to see.

+1

Have you considered his transfers in the past, or is this just based on his time at BRFC?

So is it ok to question what has happened previously or is that off limits? How can you have a balanced debate on anything without looking at the negatives as well as the positives?

Obviously you look at both, however overall he did a very good job here.

You are trying to find mud and make it stick where the results he achieved speak for themselves - as I said, the current form guide tells you all you need to know.

I would disagree with that, last season we finished 13th in the league for points gained away from home. When you extract the top 6 who have spent supreme amounts of money compared to most that would mean that we were about midway amongst all of the other teams, not superb but certainly not a joke. As i mentioned above, if you couple that with excellent home form then its the makings of a very decent Premier league side.

The facts are there for people to see.

Not going to argue at all that our home form was brilliant 3 defeats all last season was amazing.

But our away form only added another 14 points, of course not as good as the Dingles who got 5 points away from home in total :D

Sorry I don't know a quick way to see how the total points BFS got away from Ewood.

mixing you up with GAV

Ah right my Bad :blush:

As I said before it seems that you cannot have a balanced debate on here.

Imy, you're one of the least balanced people on here. You've even created a pointless thread, to bash the person it's about.

Imy, you're one of the least balanced people on here. You've even created a pointless thread, to bash the person it's about.

sorry imy9 but I have to agree, I have been on this board since 1997 and I would say you are the least balanced poster I can ever remember, you twist all the facts to your advantage.

But I still like you.

too right he was, Mark Hughes was the best manager we have had in generations.

Allardyce was improving the side year on year, was he as good in the transfer market as Sparky- probably not, but do not do the man down, his tenure was an unqualifies success.

Though he had mor funds available Souness was the most successful manager during our 2nd stint in the prem.

Sam had the fortune to be following on from a truly dire Paul Ince where absolutely anything was an improvement even if it stopped you getting the sleep you needed at night

sorry imy9 but I have to agree, I have been on this board since 1997 and I would say you are the least balanced poster I can ever remember, you twist all the facts to your advantage.

But I still like you.

Twisting FACTS to my advantage I sound like Darth Vadar!! Ah come on Vinjay has got to be top of the list, Waggy too, I have to work harder to get to number 1 lol.

imy seems to think he's giving an alternative view, or a balanced debate. In fact imy, all you're doing is arguing against anyone who you consider to be negative. Two totally different things.

You can be negative all you want, but I find it amusing that I am criticised partly for being positive lol

You don't know, but as the league was tighter and we were going into the Xmas period with more points than the same stage last season you can see a pattern.

Wasn't pre-xmas the time when we went on a run of zero wins in 10 or something? Who's to say that wouldn't have happened this season only later?

Twisting FACTS to my advantage I sound like Darth Vadar!! Ah come on Vinjay has got to be top of the list, Waggy too, I have to work harder to get to number 1 lol.

You're becoming dangerously close to being Vinjay. If you're not careful you'll turn into Imjay.

He's not thy master is he?

But I will add you are much more friendly and polite.

Your different because you very smart on your facts and very quick with comebacks.

The other I can think of (no names) are just nutters so I don't really count them.

You will keep coming back and back with stats and selected facts.

You will fight your corner to the death.

Archived