BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

BLOODY NORY PEEPS ,HES GONE ! GET OVER IT! DEAL WITH IT! MOVE ON FFS!

YOUR ALL LIKE SPOTTY TEENAGERS WHO HAS BEEN DUMPED AND HAVE BROKEN HEARTS AND GO CRYING AT HER FRONT DOOR!!!

LARDARSE HAS GONE WAKEY WAKEY !!!

LIKE IT OR LUMP IT (PMSL SEE WHAT I DID THERE) ITS TIME TO MOVE ON ,STOP MOPING AROUND GROW A PAIR AND DEAL WITH IT!

ITS PATHETIC THAT AFTER ALL THIS TIME EVERY THREAD GOES BACK TO "HIM"

To be fair abbs, this thread was not started by one of the pro-Sam brigade, and if it stops all the other threads being brought back to Allardyce, then good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am beginning to realise that if you criticise JW in anyway or Sam in anyway/say anything remotely positive about Venkys/Kean there is an army of supporters ready to shoot you down.

Yes about 5 of them in reality imy.

How was he meant to be bring in better players (so we can improve on 10th) with a low budget or little spending power. Do you realise we had nothing to spend in the summer?

Look at what most of the rest of the teams in the league have spent in recent years in comparsion (Sunderland, Villa, Spurs, Stoke etc etc).

Overall he has imrpoved the clubs he has managed so what is your point - maybe winning the title with Bolton could have satisfied you? He should have done better?

We were lucky with Hughes but that is exactly what he did, brought peoples for little amounts and improved our league position. Spending 4 million on a centre half to play him at left back and buying three right backs one of whom to play at left back for 1.5 million and 6 million on a striker who cannot play up front by himself is what 11.5 million, Sam spent that not me, how much money can we get back on that return?

Excuse me? What mast would that be?

JW did state that we had money to spend on a striker and then he said that we had to sell Roberts to fund a new striker, the point being made at the time was that situations change and would you say that JW was lying in the first instance or did he change with circumstance- this was then compared to The Raos and what they did.

I am beginning to realise that if you criticise JW in anyway or Sam in anyway/say anything remotely positive about Venkys/Kean there is an army of supporters ready to shoot you down.

Christ lad! it's taken a while for the penny to drop! ;)

To be fair abbs, this thread was not started by one of the pro-Sam brigade, and if it stops all the other threads being brought back to Allardyce, then good.

DONT care who or why its started ,im embarassed by the way every thread goes back to him whose name im sick of reading about....TIME TO DRAW A LINE UNDER HIM AND MOVE THE FECK ON!!!

Allardyce did an excellent job as manager in difficult circumstances. His brief was simple. To retain Premier League football at Ewood Park on a limited budget. He fulfilled the task that was asked of him.

It is easy to underestimate the value of the work he did at the club. As Kean is now finding, keeping this club afloat in the Premier League without a huge amount of money to spend is not easy.

Was Sam a Messiah? Of course not. He was, and is, an excellent manager who was the right man at the right time for this club. He made the most of limited resources and that is what all the best managers are able to do.

Good manager at this level and has the ability to keep sides up in this league on the evidence so far. For a short spell with Bolton he got them pushing for the European places, though I would argue it would be far more difficult to do that now though with the money involved in the game.

There are serious question marks in my view over his ability in the transfer market, he hasn't been stellar with a low budget and whilst he hasn't had a large budget I have my doubts he would spend money wisely even then. He also has this penchant for signing veteran players on high wages, a model that really is outdated and would not be sustainable for a lot of clubs. We would have had the likes of Guti and Raul at this club if Sam had had this way, probably tied to large contracts that we really couldn’t sustain.

Is he a messiah? He kept us up when it was looking certain we were going down, so I would say in that season he probably was a 'messiah'. Overall though he is not this saintly revered figure some people like to portray him as. Hughes in my view was a far better manager and did more of a messiah role than anyone in recent times for us. Souness has to be mentioned as well bringing us back into the league and then winning a cup the season later, it went a bit sour in the end but the guy is a legend as far as I’m concerned and should be revered more for what he did for this club.

It's understandable that Sam is being portrayed as this saintly figure because Rovers are currently in the ###### after he left. If Sam had gone but a proper manager had come in and Rovers were doing just as well if not better it would be a case of 'Sam who?'

DONT care who or why its started ,im embarassed by the way every thread goes back to him whose name im sick of reading about....TIME TO DRAW A LINE UNDER HIM AND MOVE THE FECK ON!!!

How many times did you go back to criticising Allardyce Abbs?

Unfortunately, and I agree that this same theme is never ending on most threads, sacking Sam as I think you wanted, has lead to Rovers being in real trouble. It's the most important discussion topic at the moment and it's going to run for quite a while yet.

There are serious question marks in my view over his ability in the transfer market, he hasn't been stellar with a low budget and whilst he hasn't had a large budget I have my doubts he would spend money wisely even then. He also has this penchant for signing veteran players on high wages, a model that really is outdated and would not be sustainable to a lot of clubs. We would have had the likes of Guti and Raul at this club if Sam had had this way, probably tied to large contracts that we really couldn’t sustain.

The same Raul who has just played a starring role in defeating Inter?

I'd give my right testicle to have those 2 here right now, we'd not be in this position.

Also bear in mind Raul and Guti ran a team reasonably successfully whilst at Madrid.

I do agree on Sam decent job, nothing spectacular and achieved what was expected of him.

Can you tell me which players Allardcye bought that we could sell for a profit Jim?

The questions a bit loaded because he wasn't given much to cash to spend, but he was brought in on the understanding that he was a man who could work on a budget, whilst nurturing talent, and sell them on for a profit to keep the club afloat, he forgot this fact when tried to leave the club in the summer over transfer funds ;)

Nzonzi for a start.

I'd give my right testicle to have those 2 here right now, we'd not be in this position.

Also bear in mind Raul and Guti ran a team reasonably successfully whilst at Madrid.

I do agree on Sam decent job, nothing spectacular and achieved what was expected of him.

Two players who are doing well now but how well will they do next year or the year after? They could have come in on huge wages and probably on a 3-4 years contract- we could be stuck with players who start to break down or their leg's start to go. There is also the issue about the pace, speed and power in this league, far quicker than on the continent.

It's a model not viable for a club like ours, we already have high wages and we don't have big money. The model for us is clearly the buy the younger out of favour players on the cheap develop them or getting them performing above their ability and then sell them for a profit, but instead of the club pocketing all the money (like we saw under Hughes) reinvest.

I'm glad Sam didn't get his way on those transfers. I think we dodged a bullet, two bullets in fact.

Nzonzi for a start.

How much do you think his worth now? 3 million?

Anyone else? Goulon, Givet, EHD, Kalinic...

+1

You've only been on this site since Feb ;)

By the way I'm enjoying going to games again, loved Wigan away, and I'm looking forward to Everton at the weekend, all in stark contrast to life under Allardyce when I had nothing but a passing interest.

:tu:

Yes I have only been here a while and that is twice in the last two days you have made passing reference to that. I will have to post frequently and get my stats up!!... <_<

My comment was said generally about our fans all over, not just the ones commenting on here.

why?why is it den? hes gone theres nowt me or thee can do. its now a case of theres nothing else can be said ,everyone as their views and opinions and everyones varying opinions is documented. Its like a stuck record on both sides now ,boring ,repetitive and can only be stopped by turning the record over or lifting the needle and turning the machine off.

Yes I have only been here a while and that is twice in the last two days you have made passing reference to that. I will have to post frequently and get my stats up!!... <_<

My comment was said generally about our fans all over, not just the ones commenting on here.

Sorry I must have misunderstood.

Ignoring your childish references, tell me some that have, that we can sell for a profit? or can command a regular first team place?

Olsson, Jones and Hoilett all introduced to the first team by Sam and now regulars and now worth £x millions.

Next.

Childish is your refusal to admit you are wrong.

Olsson, Jones and Hoilett all introduced to the first team by Sam and now regulars and now worth £x millions.

Next.

First of all I never said I enjoyed watching Rovers lose, you've made that up, what I said was I enjoy going to games again.

Those players were not bought by Allardyce and you know it, try Goulon and Nzonzi etc, then well have a debate.

why?why is it den?

The way of the world Abbey. Just as when Sam was here and there was nowt we could do about that, it didn't stop people having a go at him day in, day out. That was boring and repetitive too.

Next.

Olsson was introduced by Ince so who gets the credit, similarly Hoilett was introduced by Sam but has been starting for Kean, who gets the credit?

Archived