BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

I have no care for what has been posted before this. Honestly speaking, if he was in charge this would be the first season after 19 yeas that I'd be declining a season ticket. Man's a ####.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly TGM you have the patience of a saint. I put GAV and Zac on ignore long ago after comments that I could only generously describe as totally insane. I'll try to understand them one day if necessary but honestly, totally bonkers. Roll on a new manager and some common ground, this Kean/Allardyce split has lead me to believe some of our fans our thick as pig ****. Its like choosing between Zac Dingle and Alan Sugar and half of your mates going for Zac, weird and baffling beyong comprehension.

I don't think people actually want kean, just didn't want bfs.

Clearly you and TGM loved bfs, but the people with a different view on him would think you could write on the back of a stamp what you know about football, with a marker pen.

Likening bfs to Alan sugar. Christ, I don't think you can say any more. :lol:

I have no care for what has been posted before this. Honestly speaking, if he was in charge this would be the first season after 19 yeas that I'd be declining a season ticket. Man's a ####.

But yet you have no beef with the owners who, first, put him in charge, and now seem to want to keep him in charge...

I don't think people actually want kean, just didn't want bfs.

Clearly you and TGM loved bfs, but the people with a different view on him would think you could write on the back of a stamp what you know about football, with a marker pen.

Likening bfs to Alan sugar. Christ, I don't think you can say any more. :lol:

I've lost track are you the former T4E?

You'd rather support Rovers who employed a manager you liked but who got rubbish results, over someone who employed a manager who you didnt like but who got very good results.

That's a choice anyones free to make, but let's not dress it up as anything different.

i know all that.. i cant believe you are saying its average!

so i should thank him for those displays and performances.. with 0 entertainment in most of em.. :wacko:

and as for facts.. these are them plain and simple...

Sam's away record Dec 2008- DEC 2010.. PLAYED- 35- W-6- D-8- L-21- F-27- A- 71

any1 trying to defend that is doing it out of misguided loyalty!

I'm not getting into an arguement about the away record, but simply if that is true, the regulars who attend away matches deserve a medal.

Whilst I take TGM’s point about us being average in terms of the teams around us, simply that is just shocking, and is possibly the reason why so many have stopped travelling away.

PLAYED- 35- W-6- D-8- L-21- F-27- A- 71 :(

I'm not getting into an arguement about the away record, but simply if that is true, the regulars who attend away matches deserve a medal.

Whilst I take TGM’s point about us being average in terms of the teams around us, simply that is just shocking, and is possibly the reason why so many have stopped travelling away.

I think in any event, those who attend regular away matches are showing a committment to the club that is highly admirable. Unless you support one of the big teams, you're spending a disproportionate amount of money and spending a lot of time to go to matches where at least half of the time you'll come away disappointed. While I can put down not having a season ticket to working quite a few weekends not living in Blackburn etc and going to Ewood when I can, even if I had every weekend off I doubt I'd be able to match that committment.

But at the same time, it's not shocking to have an away record over the last two years that NO ONE apart from Everton upwards has significantly bettered.

It is, however, significantly better than Steve Kean's away record which I don't see nearly as much rubbish being spoken about.

So what that you stop going? Who cares? It matters nowt. What does matter is that we were informed that ST sales were increasing. You just watch what direction they go in this summer. ;)

.... "would think you could write on the back of a stamp what you know about football, with a marker pen."

Oi! You've nicked that off me! Invent your own put downs please!

I think in any event, those who attend regular away matches are showing a committment to the club that is highly admirable. Unless you support one of the big teams, you're spending a disproportionate amount of money and spending a lot of time to go to matches where at least half of the time you'll come away disappointed. While I can put down not having a season ticket to working quite a few weekends not living in Blackburn etc and going to Ewood when I can, even if I had every weekend off I doubt I'd be able to match that committment.

But at the same time, it's not shocking to have an away record over the last two years that NO ONE apart from Everton upwards has significantly bettered.

It is, however, significantly better than Steve Kean's away record which I don't see nearly as much rubbish being spoken about.

I think only the people who travel away on a regular basis can say if its shocking or not without reproach. I bet they've no interest in Everton or above, on the way back from another beating many miles from home.

As for Kean, well we don’t even win at home these days so his away record isn't worth discussing :P he needs to walk before he can run.

I think only the people who travel away on a regular basis can say if its shocking or not without reproach. I bet they've no interest in Everton or above, on the way back from another beating many miles from home.

:lol: :lol: Absolute toss Gav, absolute toss.

While I think what the away regulars do deserve a lot respect for their committment, that's total rubbish. If anything, putting the money and time they put into following Rovers away is far more likely to lead to unrealistic demands of our results away from home, since they're far more likely to want value for money.

I've never been to a single Bolton away match (bar Ewood) in my life, but I know their away record this season is shocking.

Again, same with Arsenal, but I can see their away record this season has been excellent.

And so on, and so forth. If you think our away record was really "shocking", then you're basically expecting us to have a similar away record to teams who spent literally tens of millions more than we did. Which is completely and utterly illogical.

To be honest, even though I was obviously a big supporter of Sam, I thought we had a terrible away record under him. But then I saw the actual facts and I changed my mind.

To win away from home means you're not playing at home, you don't have the crowd behind you, there's all sorts of factors you rely on at home which just aren't there and ultimately you need that bit of quality to counter that.

But that's something which us and a lot of other clubs just don't have. Even Sunderland who had Darren Bent for most of the last two seasons didn't win much away from home.

Honestly TGM you have the patience of a saint. I put GAV and Zac on ignore long ago after comments that I could only generously describe as totally insane. I'll try to understand them one day if necessary but honestly, totally bonkers. Roll on a new manager and some common ground, this Kean/Allardyce split has lead me to believe some of our fans our thick as pig ****. Its like choosing between Zac Dingle and Alan Sugar and half of your mates going for Zac, weird and baffling beyong comprehension.

Yep-----you've captured my thoughts exactly.

Speaking as someone who attends every away match I can't understand the logic of those who opt not to go simply because of results. If the majority of fans felt like that Ewood Park would have been empty over the past few months with Kean's inept home record. I can understand people not travelling because of cost. Talking to a number of supporters I know who have stopped travelling they all state that cost is the prime reason. At the end of the day you support the club not individuals. Managers, players and, indeed, owners come and go but the club remains the one constant and it is the club that I thought we all support not the manager or owner. Clearly, I'm wrong in that assumption and individuals obviously matter more to some than the club.

Needless to say I don't agree TGM, even though you make some valid points.

Stats are all well and good, they deal on facts and I accept that, but I challenge you to pull out the Rothmans year book on the coach travelling back from another defeat and see how long you last.

Sometimes you need to put the stats away and talk to the people involved to get the true picture, or that's my opinion anyway.

Speaking as someone who attends every away match I can't understand the logic of those who opt not to go simply because of results. If the majority of fans felt like that Ewood Park would have been empty over the past few months with Kean's inept home record. I can understand people not travelling because of cost. Talking to a number of supporters I know who have stopped travelling they all

state that cost is the prime reason. At the end of the day you support the club not individuals. Managers, players and, indeed, owners come and go but the club remains the one constant and it is the club that I thought we all support

not the manager or owner. Clearly, I'm wrong in that assumption and individuals obviously matter more to some than the club.

I started by saying that record was shocking, would you agree?

people often highlight Allardyce's dealings in the transfer market but his record in that respect was very hit and miss.

The signings of Givet, N'Zonzi, Diouf (To Some Extent) and Salgado were obviously good business but he didn't do a lot else right in the transfer market.

Chimbonda, Goulon, Linganzi, Kalinic, Di Santo (Loan), Diouf (Loan), Benjani, Basturk, Jacobsen, Van Heerden....best part of £10m there.

Needless to say I don't agree TGM, even though you make some valid points.

Stats are all well and good, they deal on facts and I accept that, but I challenge you to pull out the Rothmans year book on the coach travelling back from another defeat and see how long you last.

Sometimes you need to put the stats away and talk to the people involved to get the true picture, or that's my opinion anyway.

That's fine.

I come to my conclusions with facts in the cold light of day.

You prefer to come to your conclusions via the opinions of supporters in a situation where they'd have pretty highly charged emotions.

I know which one leads to a more accurate assessment of the situation, as do you, I'm sure.

Tell you what though, that would also mean that the scores of people at Ewood who did appreciate having Sam as manager should automatically win any argument against those members of this forum in distant countries who didn't want Sam as their manager. Would you agree?

I started by saying that record was shocking, would you agree?

Actually, looking at the Premier League as a whole, wins away from home are at a premium for many clubs. I tend to look at the overwhole record. The prospect of the present manager keeping his job - which seems more than likely - after just one win in the best part of four months is what I find shocking. Nonetheless, I'll still be at the games no matter who is manager. I couldn't and still can't understand the type of support that threatens to stop supporting the club because Allardyce is manager or Kean is manager. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

Actually, looking at the Premier League as a whole, wins away from home are at a premium for many clubs. I tend to look at the overwhole record. The prospect of the present manager keeping his job - which seems more than likely - after just one win in the best part of four months is what I find shocking. Nonetheless, I'll still be at the games no matter who is manager. I couldn't and still can't understand the type of support that threatens to stop supporting the club because Allardyce is manager or Kean is manager. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

Ah well Gav, we have someone who went to every away game going who has pretty much said the same thing as myself.

Case closed.

Actually, looking at the Premier League as a whole, wins away from home are at a premium for many clubs. I tend to look at the overwhole record. The prospect of the present manager keeping his job - which seems more than likely - after just one win in the best part of four months is what I find shocking. Nonetheless, I'll still be at the games no matter who is manager. I couldn't and still can't

understand the type of support that threatens to stop supporting the club because Allardyce is manager or Kean is manager. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

So you're obviously happy with the away record then? We must have slightly different expectations, and nothing wrong with that.

As for stopping supporting the club? No idea, you'll have to ask someone who's done that, John who posts on here could be you man, he's on the verge of packing it on I believe.

Ah well Gav, we have someone who went to every away game going who has pretty much said the same thing as myself.

Case closed.

Yes TGM that just about clears it up.......

If only football could be summed up by use of facts and stats- the reality is that "facts and stats" serve to add to a debate but in themselves are not conclusive.

For example Andrews has one of the best passing % in our squad according to stats, does anyone want him starting a game? Kalinic has a better minute to goal ratio than Rooney and Drogba, does anyone want to start with Kalinic in front of those two? So IMO use them to back up your points but if you are only using them then you'll be chasing your own tail (if you are not already!)

Speaking as someone who attends every away match I can't understand the logic of those who opt not to go simply because of results. If the majority of fans felt like that Ewood Park would have been empty over the past few months with Kean's inept home record. I can understand people not travelling because of cost. Talking to a number of supporters I know who have stopped travelling they all state that cost is the prime reason. At the end of the day you support the club not individuals. Managers, players and, indeed, owners come and go but the club remains the one constant and it is the club that I thought we all support not the manager or owner. Clearly, I'm wrong in that assumption and individuals obviously matter more to some than the club.

For the majority of supporters who don't travel as often, you have hit the nail on the head! That is evidenced by other clubs' pricing eg Wolves tomorrow @ £37 before being subsidised by Rovers.

The fact is, Rovers' support has a very high price elasticity of demand both home and away which Williams recognised years ago. Unfortunately, away pricing is not something he could do a lot about in most instances.

I simply don't buy that Sam wasn't interested in away games - it simply goes against Sam's psyche.

At my stage of life, different circumstances to many of the younger supporters, I stopped going to away matches under Kean's reign following the debacles at Sunderland, Chelsea & Villa (cup) and the ensuing bullsh1t.

So what that you stop going?

Oi! You've nicked that off me! Invent your own put downs please!

Eh? Never have I EVER read you say that?!?!

But hey you can use it too if you want. I don't mind pal.

Archived