BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

So we're safe from relegation? I didn't know! I thought we still had 3 very difficult games.

And you know their aim all along was to stay up? I didn't know that either :blink:

I think we will stay up, my predictor has just safe by 4 points (5 if you include goal difference).

No they wanted to get relegated :unsure:

The brothers said in the last interview we will stay up, invest and judge us in a year.

The "aim" is to be successful, but long term.

If we get relegation you will be right, if we don't then sacking Sam has paid off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he was sacked and that his nefarious influence is no longer associated with the club. For that, I raise a glass to Ms Desai and praise her brave decision making.

She's a peach at decision making isn't she? Last time I looked at the League table we seemed to be in quite a bit of trouble. Certainly some way off last season's tenth place finish. If one win in three months is a sign of brave decision making I, for one, don't really feel like raising a glass to her crass stupidity in sacking Sam. Personally, I was far happier with Sam's pragmatic style of football. It might not have been pretty but it got results. Now we have football that's not pretty and doesn't get results.

The brothers said in the last interview we will stay up, invest and judge us in a year.

chris.. i agree.

these anti venkys clowns know this , but choose to ignore or not believe it.

sadly youre wasting your time trying to explain stuff to them.

I've no issues with Venky's wanting us to be successfull long term or wanting us to judge them in a year.

Long term success is exactly what I would want from new owners and I would be more than willing to give new owners 12 months to get things moving in the right direction on and off the pitch

Unfortunately many fans are extremely wary and angry after a lot of the decision making so far.

I've no issues with Venky's wanting us to be successfull long term or wanting us to judge them in a year.

Long term success is exactly what I would want from new owners and I would be more than willing to give new owners 12 months to get things moving in the right direction on and off the pitch

Unfortunately many fans are extremely wary and angry after a lot of the decision making so far.

they need chance to prove their ambition.. surely you understand that matty :)

im impressed that you are considering giving them time.. thats all ive argued for :)

I think we will stay up, my predictor has just safe by 4 points (5 if you include goal difference).

If we get relegation you will be right, if we don't then sacking Sam has paid off.

Let's hope your predictor is right! Even if it is this was still a reckless gamble that should never have been taken. Those are my words from the time of the sacking and I stand by them whatever the outcome.

are you ###### kidding me..? If sam wanted to force a move, he would have done so. No if´s or but´s and apparently he didnt want to. Some on this site thinks its a valid reason for critisizing him and if your not one of them, i have a hard time undertsanding, why the hell you answering for them. You are grossly underestimating player or manager power.

as you said to me, you dont hnow what happened behind closed doors, likewise you do not know, who made the rumours public. And lets not pretend, it was something that filled the gossip pages and created headlines. It was really only mentioned by nicko, so it wasnt something you exclusively knew.

Hang on! I said he could have got out of his contract if he wanted to but he wasn't keen enough on them to do so. To decide to break a contract you have to be pretty sure you want that job and are prepared to put up with the hassle, and presumably too he wouldn't have got a payoff of any kind, just his wages paid up till the date he walked out. He would then have spent a few days or weeks twiddling his thumbs whilst the 2 clubs sorted it out - I think that's the way it usually works, but then perhaps the Dubai club weren't that keen on him either and backed off a bit when it came to compensation, not because they couldn't afford it necessarily but because, if you're going to pay it you have to know that what you are getting is definitely what you want, and perhaps allardyce wasn't.

I've specifically not criticised him for wanting to change jobs. I'm not claiming any exclusivity on knowing he wanted to leave; in fact if i knew then so did a heck of a lot of other people, but I didn't read it on here or in anything written by Alan Nixon - All I am saying is I wish that he hadn't felt the need to have a dig at the owners and therefore by association at the club when giving this interview about the fact that he wanted to leave.

Let's hope your predictor is right! Even if it is this was still a reckless gamble that should never have been taken. Those are my words from the time of the sacking and I stand by them whatever the outcome.

It was a stupid gamble, but looks like they are still going to get their way and I REALLY want to see what happens in the summer, because if The Walkers Trust we still here it would be another boring sh1tty summer.

the first 10 games of next season too should tell a lot, Kean has no where to hide (if he is still here)

And Jack Walker made a lot of stupid gambles, Harford was a joke, even 95/96 started a nightmare, 96/97 20th in the league WTF????.

Hodgson was a poor mans Sven and as far as I am concerned Hodgson sitill owes us for about 40 million he wasted. As soon as he signed Peacock and Davies I was worried. when he signed Blake I was crying, when he signed Dailly part of me died.

And Kidd was another clueless Harford that cost us relegation.

At least the players look like they are fighting for Kean which they didn't for Harford or Kidd.

It was a stupid gamble, but looks like they are still going to get their way and I REALLY want to see what happens in the summer, because if The Walkers Trust we still here it would be another boring sh1tty summer.

/quote]

Can't disagree there.IF we stay up I too am hoping Venkys get their act together. Neither scenario is guaranteed though.

the first 10 games of next season too should tell a lot, Kean has no where to hide (if he is still here)

And Jack Walker made a lot of stupid gambles, Harford was a joke, even 95/96 started a nightmare, 96/97 20th in the league WTF????.

Hodgson was a poor mans Sven and as far as I am concerned Hodgson sitill owes us for about 40 million he wasted. As soon as he signed Peacock and Davies I was worried. when he signed Blake I was crying, when he signed Dailly part of me died.

And Kidd was another clueless Harford that cost us relegation.

At least the players look like they are fighting for Kean which they didn't for Harford or Kidd.

Very good post that Chris, puts things into perspective, especially the money Hodgson wasted on cr@p, Lars Bohinen was awful also, did Hodgson sign him?

Hartford was a man with limited managerial experience I seem to recall, but was in the right place at the right time, and took the job much like Kean did. Terrible decision really, but Ray took the position and the rest is history.

Very good post that Chris, puts things into perspective, especially the money Hodgson wasted on cr@p, Lars Bohinen was awful also, did Hodgson sign him?

Hartford was a man with limited managerial experience I seem to recall, but was in the right place at the right time, and took the job much like Kean did. Terrible decision really, but Ray took the position and the rest is history.

Harford bought Lars Bohinen, with Greame Fenton and Gary Croft.

and we hate Shearer for leaving haha boooooooooooooooooooo

I'm glad he was sacked and that his nefarious influence is no longer associated with the club. For that, I raise a glass to Ms Desai and praise her brave decision making. She made a decision that many said would cost her a lot of money, but it appears that it has paid off.

I don't congratulate her on her appointment of Kean, but you live and learn.

Paid off? :lol: You must be a WUM.

19 goals in 18 matches, 17 points from 54, 4 points from 24 away, down with the relegation dead-legs, yeh it paid off handsomely. Top 5? Ha ha.

Another site member called you the most reasoned and balanced poster on the board in a different thread. How is your brother these days?

I'm glad he was sacked and that his nefarious influence is no longer associated with the club. For that, I raise a glass to Ms Desai and praise her brave decision making.

You disappeared for 3 months with your tail between your legs and then come back still trotting out this rubbish.

In view of events since Sam was sacked you're not right in the head.

Ray Harford only took the position because Jack insisted. Prior to that he had sworn that he would never step up from coach to manager at the same club - something he had done before in his career. He was of the opinion that moving from number two to the top job, at the same club, was extremely difficult. However, Jack persuaded him and Ray felt he owed Jack some loyalty after Kenny opted to move upstairs.

Ray's early managerial career is often downplayed when, in fact, he did a pretty decent job at Fulham, Luton and Wimbledon. However, his coaching ability was recognized throughout the game and and he was certainly held in greater esteem than our present manager-coach.

Having dismissed Allardyce, Venkys have basically boxed themselves into a corner by appointing Kean on a lengthy contract and insisting that he will remain in charge next season. So far there has been little to suggest that Kean will be anymore successful with money than the previous managers you mention. Indeed, the January window has done little to boost the present squad and talk of signing Benjani for next season is hardly going to boost season ticket sales.

Ray Harford only took the position because Jack insisted. Prior to that he had sworn that he would never step up from coach to manager at the same club - something he had done before in his career. He was of the opinion that moving from number two to the top job, at the same club, was extremely difficult. However, Jack persuaded him and Ray felt he owed Jack some loyalty after Kenny opted to move upstairs.

so so sad, what a horrible fall after that.

We were meant for more. :(

When (and it is often) you demonstrate a stunning lack of self awareness I sometimes think "he cant possibly top that". Yet you do seem to keep managing it.

Fair play to you.

:D . Spot on btw :lol:

I'm glad he was sacked and that his nefarious influence is no longer associated with the club. For that, I raise a glass to Ms Desai and praise her brave decision making. She made a decision that many said would cost her a lot of money, but it appears that it has paid off.

I don't congratulate her on her appointment of Kean, but you live and learn.

So, let's just get this straight.

During the reign of Ince, you argued blindly against me and others who wanted him sacked, despite him taking Rovers far, far down the table.

You supported the sacking of Sam, despite the fact he'd taken us about as far up the table as anyone in his position could've done.

There's two explanations for this. Either you want the worst for Rovers, or you're just a bit thick when it comes to football.

Which one is it?

There's two explanations for this. Either you want the worst for Rovers, or you're just a bit thick when it comes to football.

The mind boggles. "Brave decision making", "cost her a lot of money", "appears to have paid off"?! Aye, one win in twelve, we're tearing up that league, happy days.

So, let's just get this straight.

During the reign of Ince, you argued blindly against me and others who wanted him sacked, despite him taking Rovers far, far down the table.

You supported the sacking of Sam, despite the fact he'd taken us about as far up the table as anyone in his position could've done.

Which one is it?

I wanted Ince to do well so I wouldn't have to support an Allardyce team. Not entirely logical but nor is obsessive posting on a messageboard when you are earning over £100k a year.

:)

I stand by the fact that it was a brave decision. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise. I didn't want him as manager yet I wouldn't have sacked him at that particular juncture.

I remember saying at the time that he wouldn't be picked up by another Premiership club.

I wonder why?

Paid off? :lol: You must be a WUM.

19 goals in 18 matches, 17 points from 54, 4 points from 24 away, down with the relegation dead-legs, yeh it paid off handsomely. Top 5? Ha ha.

Another site member called you the most reasoned and balanced poster on the board in a different thread. How is your brother these days?

Fail = Relegation.

Success = Stay in the division. Rebuild over the summer.

It has to be a success because almost to a man, e dry single person who was against the sacking of Sam said we WOULD be relegated. Now they are changing the goalposts. Before it was the case that we need his pragmatic style to stay in the division, yet somehow it looks more than likely we will be kept in the division by an inexperienced nobody.

So in fact, his messiah status is bollix.

Fail = Relegation.

Success = Stay in the division. Rebuild over the summer.

Fail = Bottom half

Success = Top 5 or 6

Wasn't that the New Vision? Still at least we have a Kentaro man at the helm now and by God we've been impressive. One win in 12 Bucky!! And we're safe now aren't we? Only West Ham to sort out tomorrow. All hail the Venkys.

Archived