BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

Pahahahahahahahahaha. That is your best post yet.

Actually I take that back, she has probably been listening to the Chuckle Brothers cooing over Barca for years. Proper football people.

Mrs Desai is no Lawrenson but clearly she knows football better than what you and others give her credit for, that's what I said.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Although it seems unlikely now, if we get relegated you'd never hear the end of the Allardyce debate, and rightly so.

However, assuming we stay up GAV is right - it will mostly stop if we get in a decent manager. I'm not certain under the old setup Allardyce would have stayed past this summer anyway. Regardless, I'm ready to wipe the slate mostly clean if we stay up, improve the squad and get in a proper manager.

Hodgson CV does not compare to Sven even if he has taken it easy for a few years, when Hodgson got us relegated Sven won the serie A title and cup winners cup, super cup and the coppa italia twice.

Hodgson DESTORYED us.

How amazing was that now that we've seen him at close quarters?

How on earth do you make that out from what he said? He's simply dealing in the facts.

You on the other hand seem to be lashing out blindly in all directions in attempting to justify the crass stupidity of the clubs new owners. Why is this? Are you related or something?

trolling again i see :rolleyes:

your comments dont really deserve an answer.

on sven... he bankrupted lazio and they still havent recovered. :rock:

on bucky rover, stick around.. youve just as much right to your opinions... dont give in. :rover:

trolling again i see :rolleyes:

your comments dont really deserve an answer.

on sven... he bankrupted lazio and they still havent recovered. :rock:

on bucky rover, stick around.. youve just as much right to your opinions... dont give in. :rover:

That has nothing to do with Cragnotti did it? I blame Sven too because Sven created a team with the likes of Mihajlović, Alessandro Nesta, Salas and Pavel Nedvěd.

If he would have signed Kevin Davies, Nathan Blake, Darren Peakcock and Christian Dailly, Lazio would could have resold them for a massive profit, been finacially stable and still be winning Serie A year and year.

:lol:

That has nothing to do with Cragnotti did it? I blame Sven too because Sven created a team with the likes of Mihajlović, Alessandro Nesta, Salas and Pavel Nedvěd.

If he would have signed Kevin Davies, Nathan Blake, Darren Peakcock and Christian Dailly, Lazio would could have resold them for a massive profit, been finacially stable and still be winning Serie A year and year.

:lol:

good point.

many in italy believe cragnotti fell for sven's charm and allowed the fans adulation to cloud his judgement.

they massively overpaid for players (in wages and transfer fees) and were unable to recoup decent money for them. 32M for vieri too :blink:

similar in many ways to portsmouth... (but dont get me started on the media darling, harry redknapp) :glare:

rumours in italy that my team milan are planning to spend big, after saturdays scudetto win, luckily though, silvio is only ever seduced by beautiful women though, never by managers! :P:lol:

Wonder how likely his dream of taking Ronaldo to Milan is? Wouldnt be shocked to see Cavani there next season along with Hemsik.

ronaldo would be fantastic.. but no chance of him coming.

the word in milan is that pastore will be signing... along with the next brazilian star... ganso. mexes more or less a certainty from roma on a bosman.

my big worry is that thiago silva will be snapped up by real or barca. he's been incredible this season, not made a single mistake. best centre back in the world IMO.

and bringing it back to management.. max allegri a manager out of the wilderness, (well caligari aside) lower league experience really leading a team to the title in his 1st season.

wonder i should start a serie A thread ? :P

good point.

many in italy believe cragnotti fell for sven's charm and allowed the fans adulation to cloud his judgement.

they massively overpaid for players (in wages and transfer fees) and were unable to recoup decent money for them. 32M for vieri too :blink:

similar in many ways to portsmouth... (but dont get me started on the media darling, harry redknapp) :glare:

rumours in italy that my team milan are planning to spend big, after saturdays scudetto win, luckily though, silvio is only ever seduced by beautiful women though, never by managers! :P:lol:

Bit like Leeds situation then except Sven bought great player where Leeds bought almost good enough players.

• 2 weeks later...

ive had some time on my hands tonight.. horrible and i witnessed most of it!

here's Sam's away record Dec 2008- DEC 2010.. PLAYED- 35- W-6- D-8- L-21- F-27- A- 71 :blink:

wins against Hull, Fulham, Burnley, Aston Villa, Blackpool, Newcastle. :rock:

Going round in circles again. We all know his away record was poor but thanks to good form at Ewood his overall record was very good.

I've had the misfortune to witness most of Kean's matches - and they've been shocking.

What are you trying to say that's not been said a hundred times already ?

here's Sam's away record Dec 2008- DEC 2010.. PLAYED- 35- W-6- D-8- L-21- F-27- A- 71 :blink:

what I wouldn't give for that kind of conversion rate under our current manager.

Going round in circles again. We all know his away record was poor but thanks to good form at Ewood his overall record was very good.

I've had the misfortune to witness most of Kean's matches - and they've been shocking.

so... so long as you win some games at home its ok ? not with you there jim.. :)

even i was shocked by that record.. and i was there at most of em.

some of his disciples defend his record by saying.. its ok, cos he was targeting games and was unlucky in most of them! :blink:

thats not the record of a good manager is it! ???

his record at ewood was very good.. but thats not my issue with him. it proves the contempt he showed for us away followers, as he didnt learn lessons.. in 2 years!

thats my issue.

not discussing kean in this thread. he has one of his own! :P

what I wouldn't give for that kind of conversion rate under our current manager.

well sam won 2 away games in his 1st season.. kean needs 1 more! :P

kean wont get 2 years.. he's 2 more halves ;)

so... so long as you win some games at home its ok ? not with you there jim.. :)

his record at ewood was very good.. but thats not my issue with him. it proves the contempt he showed for us away followers, as he didnt learn lessons.. in 2 years!

thats my issue.

The trouble with arguing with idiots is they beat you with experience.

Yes blimey your 110% right

Not again please no More circles

Lock this thread quick

even i was shocked by that record.. and i was there at most of em.

some of his disciples defend his record by saying.. its ok, cos he was targeting games and was unlucky in most of them! :blink:

thats my issue.

well sam won 2 away games in his 1st season.. kean needs 1 more! :P

kean wont get 2 years.. he's 2 more halves ;)

Sam's away record last season was within 3 points of every club outside the top 8 and Stoke.

It was also marginally better than Coyle's away record this season, but only the most idiotic Bolton fans would use that as a reason for his dismissal. Just like, it seems, only the most idiotic Rovers fans are using that as a reason for Sam's dismissal.

It was a bit below average, but no worse.

I think I will.

It's a pathetic little place anyway.

I may pop back now and again. To find the same things being said, over and over and over again.

Yeah.

Because your pro-Ince, anti-Allardyce and pro-Kean posts over the last few years have been so unpredictable and have proved to be so accurate too.

You'll really be missed.

Sam's away record last season was within 3 points of every club outside the top 8 and Stoke.

It was also marginally better than Coyle's away record this season, but only the most idiotic Bolton fans would use that as a reason for his dismissal. Just like, it seems, only the most idiotic Rovers fans are using that as a reason for Sam's dismissal.

It was a bit below average, but no worse.

Yeah.

Because your pro-Ince, anti-Allardyce and pro-Kean posts over the last few years have been so unpredictable and have proved to be so accurate too.

You'll really be missed.

I only wanted Ince because I didn't want Allardyce. I knew he would divide the fans.

I said he would get sacked before the transfer window and I said we wouldn't get relegated this season with Steve Kean in charge. I don't get everything correct but I don't pretend to either. Nor do I particularly care when I get things wrong. I love BRFC but I have plenty of other things going on in my life than to get shirty about it.

You are like a walking, talking advert for BUPA. If I knew my doctor's coping strategy for dealing with stress was to belittle and ridicule people on a football message board, I would be asking for a second opinion.

The only fact that matters, and I've seen every game under Sam and Kean is where you finish. Sam had us tenth last season. Kean, with money to spend in January, has brought us to survival Sunday. Sam's away record might have been indifferent but so too is that of Kean. The difference is that Ewood became a fortress again under Sam while it's open house for the opposition under Kean. Try as Kean might, the one fact that can't be spun away is that we have won just one game since January.

Sadly, looking at the future, while Sam divided opinion amongst supporters I feel little is going to change under Venky's and Kean. At the moment we are a divided fanbase with little chance of that changing if our owners opt to do as they say they intend to do and stick with Kean.

Archived