BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

I heard similar said about Newcastle when they were relegated "they are finished".

Look at them now.

Ashley invest stupid amount of millions, possibly 50+ million of his own money in 2010.

He maybe a d1ck but he saved their a$$ big time.

Ofcourse Newcastle fans are never happy so its lose lose.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard similar said about Newcastle when they were relegated "they are finished".

Look at them now.

Newcastle are a huge club, 50 odd thousand fans every week. Plus Mike Ashley (who does love the club) has supported them through a tough time.

Do you believe that Venkys will do that when they realise that their marketing tool, is not as marketable as they thought?

This is what I don't understand GAV, I couldn't care less about Sam Allardyce, don't know the fella, I'm not going to feel sorry for a millonaire football manager when he gets the sack.

All I care about is Blackburn Rovers, sacking him when they did was the wrong decision, as we could be relegated in a couple of weeks, that much is obvious.

If you love the club, you should not be celebrating a decison that puts the clubs very existence in doubt and it annoys me that a fellow Rover could be so selfish that his personal dislike of Sam Allardyce has come before wantning the best for BRFC.

so true.

there are those who want, whats best for the club and those who want, whats best for themselves.

regarding sam wanting a new challenge with al ahli, i really cant see a problem there. He acted as a proper man, asked if he could leave, the answer was no and that was it. He didnt whine, he didnt complain, he didnt try to manipulate a move. He went about his job. IF and i repeat IF sam was so desperate to leave, coudnt he easely have done so.? Players do it all the time.

you would have to be a moron, to critisize sam for this.

so true.

there are those who want, whats best for the club and those who want, whats best for themselves.

regarding sam wanting a new challenge with al ahli, i really cant see a problem there. He acted as a proper man, asked if he could leave, the answer was no and that was it. He didnt whine, he didnt complain, he didnt try to manipulate a move. He went about his job. IF and i repeat IF sam was so desperate to leave, coudnt he easely have done so.? Players do it all the time.

you would have to be a moron, to critisize sam for this.

I'd not criticise him for looking elsewhere and in fact knew some time ago that he was. What I would criticise him for is the timing of these comments, as we are preparing for another massive match. did he need to have a go at the owners now? I can even understand his being bitter about his sacking, if he genuinely thought he might be given time and money when the new owners came in only to find that their minds were made up, but did he need to talk about it now? And how do you know how much he whined and complained behind the scenes when he was here that we didn't let him go? As I say, I heard the Allardyce wants a job in Dubai stories some considerable time ago so it was hardly a secret he was keeping - he must have been saying something about it.

I'm with zaccaius

“Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.” Adolf Hitler

Dam true.

the summer will show our ambition.

Ambition alone is not enough. Look at the millions that Jack Hayward poured into Wolves without achieving promotion. Success needs the people at the helm with the knowledge to appoint the right people to bring about that success.

So far Mrs. Desai has proved somewhat inept in terms of decision making regarding this football club. If sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean is a sign of their ambition, I'm not too hopeful for the outcome.

Ambition alone is not enough. Look at the millions that Jack Hayward poured into Wolves without achieving promotion. Success needs the people at the helm with the knowledge to appoint the right people to bring about that success.

So far Mrs. Desai has proved somewhat inept in terms of decision making regarding this football club. If sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean is a sign of their ambition, I'm not too hopeful for the outcome.

yeah your right, we won't know until the summer is over though at least.

Still good players cost money.

Looking ahead, I would be pretty shocked if a management/coaching team of Kean, Jensen and Iain Brunskill can deliver continuous success. Or know how to grow and develop a football club from top to bottom.

I would be happily surprised though (obviously) if this master plan came off, what a story it would be too.

As Den would say "complete and utter Bunkum" over sensationalized rubbish that Matty.

Blimey, I only used the word once and you've quoted it twice already.

Oh, and Gav, stop winding people up. You have more time on your hands than me and I'm retired. :lol:

Blimey, I only used the word once and you've quoted it twice already.

Oh, and Gav, stop winding people up. You have more time on your hands than me and I'm retired. :lol:

Just fighting my corner Den as always :D

Allardyce was a victim of one of the worst, most unjust sackings in football history, any division, any country.

Surely that accolade goes to Vicente Del Bosque rather than a mediocre Midlander?

I'd not criticise him for looking elsewhere and in fact knew some time ago that he was. What I would criticise him for is the timing of these comments, as we are preparing for another massive match. did he need to have a go at the owners now? I can even understand his being bitter about his sacking, if he genuinely thought he might be given time and money when the new owners came in only to find that their minds were made up, but did he need to talk about it now? And how do you know how much he whined and complained behind the scenes when he was here that we didn't let him go? As I say, I heard the Allardyce wants a job in Dubai stories some considerable time ago so it was hardly a secret he was keeping - he must have been saying something about it.

no one has bulletproof evidence, all we have to go by is circumstancial and somehow we try to connect the dots. Hopefully in a way that makes sense..

Lets say a player or manager wants to leave, do you see that as a mission impossible..? I certainly dont, they could so so easely manipulate a move. EASELY.

in my world, an astute and wise chairman like jonh williams, would not stand in the way, if a manager or player came in and said, im done, i cant be bothered to play or manage here anymore and if you keep me, im not going to do my best.

It never came that far, sure its possible he complained a bit, but he wasnt that desperate as made out to be. Imo he enquired about a contract cencellation, couldnt get it and went about his job.

Every 2 seconds? Are you for real? Along with Hughton, Allardyce was a victim of one of the worst, most unjust sackings in football history, any division, any country. What did he say in his immediate interviews after? No idea why he was sacked, thoroughly enjoyed his 2 years at the club, was proud to manage the club and thanked the fans for their support (extremely generously given some of his critics on here). He deserved a flipping medal for that after the pathetically shoddy way Venkys carried out the sacking.

So he's been increasing his media work for Sky Sports recently and (only when directly asked) has responded a few times repeating he was baffled by his sacking but can only assume someone badmouthed him to Venkys about it. And finally almost 6 months down the line he gives an interview to a foreign newspaper saying he could have left earlier. What exactly has he done wrong? He is most likely totally unaware there is still a debate raging about him amongst Rovers fans and couldn't care less whether he gets the last word on it.

Almost choked on a biscuit... huh?

I remember Vialli at Chelsea who was sacked which was an unjust sacking considering he was winning trophies.

Del Bosque- Winning CL and then getting fired.

I am sure there are hundreds more, I would argue he is not even THIS seasons "unjust firing" that accolade IMO goes to Houghton who was doing a fantastic job at Newcastle.

Almost choked on a biscuit... huh?

I remember Vialli at Chelsea who was sacked which was an unjust sacking considering he was winning trophies.

Del Bosque- Winning CL and then getting fired.

I am sure there are hundreds more, I would argue he is not even THIS seasons "unjust firing" that accolade IMO goes to Houghton who was doing a fantastic job at Newcastle.

If we are relegated the sacking of Allardyce and the appointment of Kean will go down as one of the worst decisions in Premier League history, never mind this season.

no one has bulletproof evidence, all we have to go by is circumstancial and somehow we try to connect the dots. Hopefully in a way that makes sense..

Lets say a player or manager wants to leave, do you see that as a mission impossible..? I certainly dont, they could so so easely manipulate a move. EASELY.

in my world, an astute and wise chairman like jonh williams, would not stand in the way, if a manager or player came in and said, im done, i cant be bothered to play or manage here anymore and if you keep me, im not going to do my best.

It never came that far, sure its possible he complained a bit, but he wasnt that desperate as made out to be. Imo he enquired about a contract cencellation, couldnt get it and went about his job.

Allardyce wanted to go. As I said, I heard it while ago, and he's said it himself. But for him to leave would have required him to break his contract therefore no pay off and we could presumably have made it awkward, or his potential new employers could have paid compensation and we'd have let him go. So presumably they weren't keen enough to pay the compensation we would have wanted and he wasn't quite keen enough on them to force our hand. Doesn't mean he didn't have a good moan about it or complain to friends or whoever, because most of us would have done. he's hardly likely to have gone to JW and said he wouldn't do his job properly if he wasn't allowed to go though is he?! As I said, I've no problem with his wanting to go - his right to look at other jobs just like the rest of us do, particularly if you feel you are being held back by lack of cash or whatever. However, I just wish he'd not brought it up at this moment as some sort of criticism of the club and the owners. He may be bitter about his sacking, but you'd think he'd have developed a bit of feeling for the club, even if not the current setup and would be hoping we'd survive in the premier league. His sacking presumably came with a decent payoff and he could have left out the implied criticism of the club in his comments.

Wrong thread 47er.....But.... I really couldn’t care less if you let me live that one down or not, I’m over the moon Allardyce was sacked, I’m over the moon he was sacked when he was, I wasn’t so over the moon when they appointed Kean though......

Hope that clears things up for you :tu: You do seem to be struggling since you aligned yourself with with nodgob :P

Problem with that is-you lied for months! You pretended you'd felt that the timing of the sacking was all wrong and that Venkys should have waited till summer.

Now we're in a scrap for our lives "you're over the moon"! :blink: :blink:

Problem with that is-you lied for months! You pretended you'd felt that the timing of the sacking was all wrong and that Venkys should have waited till summer.

Now we're in a scrap for our lives "you're over the moon"! :blink: :blink:

BUNKUM little nodgrod :tu: and you know it :D

Shove it Zav--you lied and you know it! :xmas:

You're just a wind-up merchant now and therefore added to the ignore list.

Took you a while to add that 47er, pity you had to edit :lol: , so I'd call that game set and match :lol:

Night :P

Ps - I'm taking this message board thing far too seriously these days, I need to get a grip.....

Took you a while to add that 47er, pity you had to edit :lol: , so I'd call that game set and match :lol:

Night :P

Ps - I'm taking this message board thing far too seriously these days, I need to get a grip.....

Take a break. It's life affirming.

Although you will feel dirty when you eventually return....

Take a break. It's life affirming.

Although you will feel dirty when you eventually return....

Oh come on now Bucky, do you expect us to believe you took a break because it was taking over your life pal :lol:

Its a little more likely that you made yourself look abit silly following your continued support of Allardyce being sacked. Not your fault, you just got it wrong. Everyone makes mistakes! Welcome back :tu:

Allardyce wanted to go. As I said, I heard it while ago, and he's said it himself. But for him to leave would have required him to break his contract therefore no pay off and we could presumably have made it awkward, or his potential new employers could have paid compensation and we'd have let him go. So presumably they weren't keen enough to pay the compensation we would have wanted and he wasn't quite keen enough on them to force our hand. Doesn't mean he didn't have a good moan about it or complain to friends or whoever, because most of us would have done. he's hardly likely to have gone to JW and said he wouldn't do his job properly if he wasn't allowed to go though is he?! As I said, I've no problem with his wanting to go - his right to look at other jobs just like the rest of us do, particularly if you feel you are being held back by lack of cash or whatever. However, I just wish he'd not brought it up at this moment as some sort of criticism of the club and the owners. He may be bitter about his sacking, but you'd think he'd have developed a bit of feeling for the club, even if not the current setup and would be hoping we'd survive in the premier league. His sacking presumably came with a decent payoff and he could have left out the implied criticism of the club in his comments.

If he wanted to go and the club stopped him doing so - which incidently would have cost the club nothing financially. Then got sacked and then compensated - there can be nothing to be bitter about, imo.

Apart from the way it was done. If there was some backstabbing behind closed doors, that got him sacked. Then I can understand if he had bitterness to those who did it. But it obviously was not the club who did it. It appears Venkys decided to do it even before the takeover was completed. It was part of their original plan - which was also contary to the takeover offer document.

Would be nice to be in a job that I wanted to quit and was stopped doing so - then later sacked and then paid a handsome sum of dosh for having been sacked.

Archived