BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Walker Trust

It CAN be done yeti, but Newcastle kept hold of Guiterrez, Collochini, Barton, Nolan, Carroll, Taylor- far too good for the Championship.

Boro are similar to ourselves, similar crowds, if not more than what we would muster if we went down with a criplling wage bill- ask Boro fans how they enjoy being in the bottom 6 of the Championship with half the side on 15/20 thousand plus a week.

Ask the same of Sheff Wed fans and as for Southampton- they nearly went bust, fell two leagues and had a 15 point penalty.

West brom have s stable wage bill and have years of PL money than parachute money- never outspending their means.

We are not West Brom or Newcastle, relegation would be a disaster.

not sure newcastle is a great example, there is a difference between actively keeking players and not having a hope in hell of another club wanting to pay the £50k+ a week they were all on and if rumours are to be believed 75k colo and barton were on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely you're not blaming our woes on the Walker Trust?

I do not blame the Walker Trust for its period of management. One of the things that first interested me in the Rovers was that it was a self-sufficient club surviving on merit alone, not a billionaire's bank book.

I do blame the Walker Trust for the terms of the actual sale. I was at first pleased as it was reported that JW and SA jobs were safe until the end of the season, and that at least one Walker would remain on the board. Now it appears that we were either misled or the reporting was bad, in that JW and SA jobs were NOT safe. There was no transition period, no safety net, merely a sale with nominal conditions (keeping Jack's statue) imposed.

Not an effective method of demonstrating that the Walker Trust cared for the club or its traditions.

I don't blame the Trust for not putting more money into Rovers aquad the last few years, yes, it frustrated the hell out of me, but the caveat was that they were hands off and let JW run the club as he saw fit.

Ditto. See above.

I posted on here until I was blue in the face that JW had repeatedly told the Fans Forum hen questioned about lack of progress over a sale that there were no mysterious covenants in Jack's will or artificial barriers that any prospective purchaser had to get over.

Its not the terms of Jack's will that concerns me. Its the jettisoning the Rovers without so much as a life vest.

If I had money and owned a football club, I would defintely leave it to my children. I would not impose conditions upon my children's ownership as I would trust them to do the right thing and imposing conditions would indicate a lack of trust. A mere decade is apparently the length of time it takes for the desire to honor one's father's memory to fade, if the current situation is anything to go buy.

It has been reported that Jack's wish that the club be self-sufficient. So far as I can see, the club was self-sufficient and even benefitting from the Trust's ownership as certain fees were not being charged which normally are by a club's owner. If that is right, then there was no need to sell the Rovers as we were not a significant drain on the Trust's bank book. The only reasons to sell that I can see are: 1) to raise cash; or, 2) avoid the cost and expense associated with relegation. Effectively, the Trust decided it no longer desired to shoulder the risk entailed by honoring Jack's memory and sold out.

Likely a good business decision. But it doesn't change the fact it makes my blood boil.

I agree. Whatever the situation, Venky's have made their decisions in good faith with the intention of improving Blackburn Rovers. They have been poorly advised and certain groups and individuals have taken advantage of their vulnerability.

Whether they were poorly advised or otherwise, the responsibility was Venkys. Compounding their error, they have had multiple opportunities to correct their mistakes and safeguard the club. Instead they have let each and every chance pass by.

I wonder whether Mrs. D has lived up to her father's requirement that 9 out of 10 decisions must be right in regard to the Rovers? In my opinion, she or Venkys have gotten 9 out of 10 wrong.

I'm Blackburn born and bred but there must be some bonny beggars in Pune if they think folk here are beautiful. California, Scandinavia maybe, but good grief. Obviously not been round the market.

Two points.

First, the most beautiful people in the world live in Arizona, USA. Second, I've been to Manchester, Blackburn and other Lancashire locations and am of the opinion you should give your hometown more credit. I saw more than a few attractive ladies about.

I do believe there are some potential positives if we do go down. Really focus on getting rid of as much of the deadwood as possible and try to pin down as much of our young talent as possible..give 'em a pay rise on the deadwood savings and say 'give us a season,let's give it a real go to get straight back up again,if it doesn't happen you can leave when with no hard feelings...'

:lol:

You can expect the exact opposite to happen. :wstu:

So just playing devil’s advocate here for a minute:

We survive, and Venkys put Benitez, or similar in charge next season, buy a top European striker for 15m, and also provide the manager with another 10m for players, are Venkys and Walker Trust still hate figures?

A little farfetched maybe, but the majority of this site will need to resign and join up under aliases, after the barrage of abuse and misinformation floating around.

It’s still very much a wait and see isn’t it?

I think we'll see you resigning first Gav.

It is sad thiough that many people have been bitterly opposed to them from the outset and are not and have not been prepared to even give them a chance.

Sounds like me Simon. :tu: You know how it is when you know when something just isn't right? Call me a hairist but my spidey senses were tingling the minute I saw that stupid greasy pony tail. :rolleyes: However you cannot deny that from that day forward every move they have made has been disastrous. Just wrong basically.... evn more 'wrong' than Ince's first 'presser'.

The majority of posters on here.

'Majority' Simon? Isn't there a clue there?

I said at the time I was indifferent to Sam's sacking, still am but that was on the basis I thought at that stage someone better was coming in. Once Kean was appointed I was prepared to give him a chance but it now appears that the appointment was a mistake. If JW wants to leave there's not much we can do about that but again I assumed a suitable replacement would be forthcoming. No figurehead over here is obviously not ideal.

Anderson, well I notice from one of Philip's recent postings he is no longer involved and that was all much ado about nothing anyway wasn't it?

1. The downturn in then clubs fortunes now confirms that you were wrong about Sam's sacking Simon. There can be no argument there whatsoever. So many on here are now bleating the line 'I meant at the end of the season', or yours 'I thought someone better was coming in'. :rolleyes: Who do you reckon that was then Marabloodydonna? Time and again the question was asked on here 'If we get rid of Allardyce who will we get who is better'. Time and again no one came up with a viable alternative. The favourite's being Jol and O'Neill who imo are no better than Allardyce at gaining Prem points despite being much better funded in the past.

2. Kean has been a disaster. Compared to Allardyce he is a managerial pygmy and was always going to fare worse than Allardyce.

3. JW was forced out as well you know. Given his circumstances I'm sure he only needed a small push but with Kentaro convincing the Rao's that the manager must have absolute control over every issue at the club it effectively made JW's position untenable.

4. According to my latest info Kentaro are still incredibly very much in the picture, and still having primary acces to Joan's ear.

Nicko indicated Anderson was in favour of keeping Sam but Mrs D. dispensed with him anyway.

Nicko??? You believe Alan Nixon's honeyed words now despite lots of personal and frequently unsavioury spats in the past with him? C'mon Simon get real. He's a tabloid hack whose income depends on grubbing around for football stories, what better source of such than an outfit like Kentaro? He's been assured which side his personal bread is buttered on or I'm a monkeys uncle. Bloody obvious that Alan Nixon's been in someone's pocket for months now.

Doesn't always result in asset stripping actually. WBA are a good example of that. The others you quote have been in the doldrums but Southampton now seem to be on the up.

Nothing wrong with Doncaster..proper football club owned by a fan. A bit disrespectful that.

I'm starting to wonder..is the premiership 'the only place to play'? At its best it's a wonderful advert for football. At its worst,it's a bunch of shysters looking after their own interests,ensuring the rich get richer while the rest feed off the scraps.

Precisely the point I was making.. don't be defeatist and allow your scenario to happen-get rid of the crap,keep the good youngsters and go for an immediate return. Newcastle managed it with pretty much the same squad they went down with after all.

You are dreaming. Newcastles time in the Championship was bankrolled by Ashley to the tune of more money than the Venkeys probably have.

btw...'Keep the good youngsters' Thats a good un! I must send your post to their agents so they can have a good laff about it too. :lol::lol:

If I had money and owned a football club, I would defintely leave it to my children. I would not impose conditions upon my children's ownership as I would trust them to do the right thing and imposing conditions would indicate a lack of trust. A mere decade is apparently the length of time it takes for the desire to honor one's father's memory to fade, if the current situation is anything to go buy.

It has been reported that Jack's wish that the club be self-sufficient. So far as I can see, the club was self-sufficient and even benefitting from the Trust's ownership as certain fees were not being charged which normally are by a club's owner. If that is right, then there was no need to sell the Rovers as we were not a significant drain on the Trust's bank book. The only reasons to sell that I can see are: 1) to raise cash; or, 2) avoid the cost and expense associated with relegation. Effectively, the Trust decided it no longer desired to shoulder the risk entailed by honoring Jack's memory and sold out.

Likely a good business decision. But it doesn't change the fact it makes my blood boil.

Someone who knows what owning a club in the Prem entails Steve. (btw Penned before nixon went over to the dark side)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan-will-sell-the-club-to-ensure-his-family-do-not-lose-a-fortune-keeping-it-going-article619121.html#ixzz14AGozAd4

Nicko??? You believe Alan Nixon's honeyed words now despite lots of personal and frequently unsavioury spats in the past with him? C'mon Simon get real. He's a tabloid hack whose income depends on grubbing around for football stories, what better source of such than an outfit like Kentaro? He's been assured which side his personal bread is buttered on or I'm a monkeys uncle. Bloody obvious that Alan Nixon's been in someone's pocket for months now.

You are dreaming. Newcastles time in the Championship was bankrolled by Ashley to the tune of more money than the Venkeys probably have.

btw...'Keep the good youngsters' Thats a good un! I must send your post to their agents so they can have a good laff about it too. :lol::lol:

You're such a negative and pompous old curmudgeon. You throw 'I'm with stupid''s about like confetti at anyone who doesn't subscribe to your jaded world-view.

I'll say it again..not every club has to be asset stripped. It's the usual outcome granted but I have a WBA supporting fan who's stated several times to me that when they went down they kept the right players and ultimately came back up again.

Arguing with you is pointless.

You're a flea-ridden Pavlov's Dog.

Someone who knows what owning a club in the Prem entails Steve. (btw Penned before nixon went over to the dark side)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan-will-sell-the-club-to-ensure-his-family-do-not-lose-a-fortune-keeping-it-going-article619121.html#ixzz14AGozAd4

Based on that, and the fantasy that I had real money, I would pass on football club ownership idea and content myself (and my heirs) with some really good tickets. :D

You're such a negative and pompous old curmudgeon. You throw 'I'm with stupid''s about like confetti at anyone who doesn't subscribe to your jaded world-view.

I'll say it again..not every club has to be asset stripped. It's the usual outcome granted but I have a WBA supporting fan who's stated several times to me that when they went down they kept the right players and ultimately came back up again.

Arguing with you is pointless.

You're a flea-ridden Pavlov's Dog.

Pointless indeed. My opinions are nearly always proven right in the fullness of time. -_-

Pavlov's dogs eh? Really? Whereas you are more like the contents of the recepticle. :P

What a joke, blaming the walker trust for selling to a rich Indian business family, supported by an international sports agency, intending to bring attractive football and world class superstars to the club. Not only that but the trust spends hundreds and thousands of their own money on a top class London firm (incidentally advisors in thousands of takeovers worldwide) to vet them and all the other prospective owners.

There would have been a riot had they not sold in the above circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Imagine if the Walker trust had said "despite the Rao's giving assurances about keeping the clubs management in place and also committing to this in writing, well actually we don't really believe them.... so we are not selling"

Jack Walker's Trustee's fault, come on get real. Have some respect, they have left a wonderful legacy after an era of fantastic and selfless ownership.

The fans wanted the club sold, it was sold. Live with it.

Pointless indeed. My opinions are nearly always proven right in the fullness of time. -_-

Pavlov's dogs eh? Really? Whereas you are more like the contents of the recepticle. :P

Why must you end every comment with an emoticon..facile and boring.

What a joke, blaming the walker trust for selling to a Rich Indian Business family, supported by an international sports agency, intending to bring attractive football and world class superstars to the club. Not only that but the trust spends hundreds and thousands of their own money on a top class London firm (incidentally advisors in thousands of takeovers worldwide)to vet them and all the other prospective owners.

They would have been a riot had they not sold in the above circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Imagine if the Walker trust said "despite the Rao's giving assurance about keeping the clubs management in place and committing to this in writing, well we don't really believe them.... so were not selling"

Jack Walker's Trustee's fault get real - Have some respect for the Walker's and their trustee's. They have left a wonderful legacy after an era of fantastic and selfless ownership.

Good post Oscarraven.

Yetidog... Diversionary tactics tell me that you are floundering.

What a joke, blaming the walker trust for selling to a Rich Indian Business family, supported by an international sports agency, intending to bring attractive football and world class superstars to the club. Not only that but the trust spends hundreds and thousands of their own money on a top class London firm (incidentally advisors in thousands of takeovers worldwide)to vet them and all the other prospective owners.

They would have been a riot had they not sold in the above circumstances. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Imagine if the Walker trust said "despite the Rao's giving assurance about keeping the clubs management in place and committing to this in writing, well we don't really believe them.... so were not selling"

Jack Walker's Trustee's fault get real - Have some respect for the Walker's and their trustee's. They have left a wonderful legacy after an era of fantastic and selfless ownership.

So what then? The Raos are masterful con artists who spun lies about keeping the management and despite the Trust's best efforts they were unable to see past those lies? A bit far fetched if you ask me. Venkys are incompetent, not dastardly.

Pointless indeed. My opinions are nearly always proven right in the fullness of time.

.........and the board's most pretentious boob strikes again. I wonder: What higher place in our society do you hold with this monopoly on wisdom you possess?

Why don't you make sure Keano has your mobile number so he can get your thoughts on the adjustments he should make at halftime? I'm sure that'll see us to safety jagoff. :glare:

So what then? The Raos are masterful con artists who spun lies about keeping the management and despite the Trust's best efforts they were unable to see past those lies? A bit far fetched if you ask me. Venkys are incompetent, not dastardly.

Not quite sure what your getting at? I'm saying the trust did more than anyone could reasonably expect in the running and sale of the club. Nothing to do with Venky's.

Very valid question from Mr. E.

I personally dont buy the "they got tricked" or anything along those lines.

Its possibly too early to bring this into the public domain because other than questionable decisions to sack Sam and bring in Kean, as well as an alleged outside influence on transfer policy, there has yet to be anything to be able to suggest anything more drastic.

Time will tell a lot of things.

But as Rovers supporters we have the right to ask the previous owners a lot of questions.

.........and the board's most pretentious boob strikes again. I wonder: What higher place in our society do you hold with this monopoly on wisdom you possess?

So can I assume that you thought Venkeys would be a big step up for the club? Did you think Kean would be a good replacement for Allardyce possibly? Maybe you looked forward exitedly to an exciting new future when Ince turned up?

Had a row with the missus perhaps? Maybe piles or toothache are playing a part in your mood doc? Whatever's rattled your cage appears to have set your poodle yapping too. :closedeyes:

Very valid question from Mr. E.

I personally dont buy the "they got tricked" or anything along those lines.

Its possibly too early to bring this into the public domain because other than questionable decisions to sack Sam and bring in Kean, as well as an alleged outside influence on transfer policy, there has yet to be anything to be able to suggest anything more drastic.

Time will tell a lot of things.

But as Rovers supporters we have the right to ask the previous owners a lot of questions.

Ask away but I can't see many answers forthcoming. It's not the way the Walkers usually operate.

So can I assume that you thought Venkeys would be a big step up for the club? Did you think Kean would be a good replacement for Allardyce possibly? Maybe you looked forward exitedly to an exciting new future when Ince turned up?

Had a row with the missus perhaps? Maybe piles or toothache are playing a part in your mood doc? Whatever's rattled your cage appears to have set your poodle yapping too. :closedeyes:

That was the best comeback you could come up with? You jagoff. :lol: :lol: ....and don't make your assumptions public in the future, because you just posted a big 0-for. :rolleyes:

Archived