BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jensen signs new deal

The hatred which some hold for Allardyce appears to have a strange side effect of damaging the memory, a disability to think rationally, and also to see games clearly.

I agree. My neck pain has now gone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see if he can get the same level of performance out of the players when we are not starring relegation in the face... Not one person on here has considered the influence of facing relegation could quite likely have made the players raise their game. Will it be the same next season, can he do it?

Answers on a postcard.

It didn't seem to raise the game of Birmingham's players very much, or West Ham's. Lets see what the first few games next seaosn brings.

Our really terrible run co-incided with two significant events ....

a. EHD being banished to Scotland on the orders of Colin.

b. John Jensen being signed on and imo bringing the disastrous but now departed diamond formation with him.

Take your pick folks but imo within the game we'll soon be referred to as the 'K Club'! <_<

The diamond formation was in place before Jensen joined. EHD's form was in decline before he went to Scotland - after a brilliant start to the season he had dipped in form.

The point that I made earlier was that if certain draws became wins last season (may have happened if ref decisions had been fairer) then Keans record seems about average. Our general performances have been decent- get us playing and performing like the last 8 games or so and we can have a good season next year.

Conversely there were number of draws that could quite easily have been losses:

If Nani had scored after a few minutes.

If Keane had taken his quite simple chance.

If Larsson's free kick had been marginally better aimed.

And I'm sure there are other examples.

My point is that we avoided these goals through the mistakes of the opposition rather than our good defending.

The diamond formation was in place before Jensen joined. EHD's form was in decline before he went to Scotland - after a brilliant start to the season he had dipped in form.

So too around that time had the form of the likes of Salgado, Samba, Dunn, Emerton, MGP, Olsson etc. Should we have packed them off in disgrace too?

So too around that time had the form of the likes of Salgado, Samba, Dunn, Emerton, MGP, Olsson etc. Should we have packed them off in disgrace too?

If they were viewed as disruptive - then yes. For whatever reason Kean had decided that EHD wasn't a positive influence on the team. Whichever way you look at it - trouble has followed EHD throughout his career.

Strange that this is being viewed as Venkys "backing Kean" because he's not exactly Kean's long-time right hand man (like McDonald to Sam), from what we hear Kean had never met him before giving him the job.

Should Kean be getting rid of Jensen because I think we've only won 2 games since he joined? Again there is the problem with them all being represented by the same agency. However poor JJ has been, Kean can't exactly turn round and say he wants someone else in.

in my view its more a case of Venkys backing SEM, which alas does mean they will be backing Kean too.

Of course it is backing SEM, some fans are not even aware they are Venky's main advisers!!

Neither Kean/Jensen or Myles Anderson would be near our club if it was not for Jerome Anderson.

Let's just hope his (JA's) judgement proves, in the long-term, to be decent.....he is pulling the strings, IMO, just like he did at Man City a few years back.

Conversely there were number of draws that could quite easily have been losses:

If Nani had scored after a few minutes.

If Keane had taken his quite simple chance.

If Larsson's free kick had been marginally better aimed.

And I'm sure there are other examples.

My point is that we avoided these goals through the mistakes of the opposition rather than our good defending.

Those sort of things happen all the time in games, like Olsson hitting the bar. However the ref's making blunder after blunder (including awarding the freekick yesterday which led to a goal) are not your typical incidents. Look at the number of ridiculous pens awarded against us early in games, we have constantly been playing catch up- can anyone else remember a season when so many decisions have gone against us unfairly?

Those sort of things happen all the time in games, like Olsson hitting the bar. However the ref's making blunder after blunder (including awarding the freekick yesterday which led to a goal) are not your typical incidents. Look at the number of ridiculous pens awarded against us early in games, we have constantly been playing catch up- can anyone else remember a season when so many decisions have gone against us unfairly?

Dont resort to that. EVERY team believes that all the decisions go against them. We finished where we deserved to finish. Refereeing decisions effect several games each weeked and people only remember the ones which go against them. You go onto a Wolves forum and they're screaming that the ref was biased towards us yesterday.. it's the reverse on here. Accept it.

The direction we're heading in is good providing investment is pumped in. Our squad lacks depth and two decent strikers. Get that sorted and we wont be in the position in 12 months.

Dont resort to that. EVERY team believes that all the decisions go against them. We finished where we deserved to finish. Refereeing decisions effect several games each weeked and people only remember the ones which go against them. You go onto a Wolves forum and they're screaming that the ref was biased towards us yesterday.. it's the reverse on here. Accept it.

The direction we're heading in is good providing investment is pumped in. Our squad lacks depth and two decent strikers. Get that sorted and we wont be in the position in 12 months.

I know what you are saying and agree with it to a point- however having supported Rovers for twenty years I cannot recall such awful refereeing decisions go against us- Stoke had something similar last year. I agree we ended up where we deserved. I would be interested to see a points tally of games won/loss/draw with P Jones in the first 11 and without, as I feel we badly missed him when he was injured.

If they were viewed as disruptive - then yes. For whatever reason Kean had decided that EHD wasn't a positive influence on the team. Whichever way you look at it - trouble has followed EHD throughout his career.

EHD is a Sam man through and through I wonder what he was doing at Brockhall and what he was going round saying. I found it strange that EHD was just shipped out as he had done well for us in patches, I've wondered whether QPR was just the excuse the club needed to ship him out and not upset too many others.

More like p1ssed up and full of aggression at the time. Rem the old saying..... 'You can take a man out of Glasgow but you'll never take Glasgow out of the man'. "See you Diouffy"....:rolleyes:

Archived