BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jensen signs new deal

Assistant manager is critical

Not just an assistant manager though – to be successful it is obviously important to have a good backroom team (inclusive of coaches).

As far as I know the sports science/support staff have remained the same from Sam’s days (even though, with the potential “new investment” from Venky’s Sam wanted to add to this) – will be interesting to see if Kean makes changes in this respect (as in theory should have the ability to make improvements due to having more finance available).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jensen's contract further reaffirms Venky's commitment to Kean, no way that he is getting sacked. Let's hope that he has learnt from mistakes he made this season, the positive is that players like him and results in the last 4 games when the pressure were much better.

If we start next season badly then maybe he will come under pressure once again.

Jensen's contract further reaffirms Venky's commitment to Kean, no way that he is getting sacked. Let's hope that he has learnt from mistakes he made this season, the positive is that players like him and results in the last 4 games when the pressure were much better.

If we start next season badly then maybe he will come under pressure once again.

Lets see if he can get the same level of performance out of the players when we are not starring relegation in the face... Not one person on here has considered the influence of facing relegation could quite likely have made the players raise their game. Will it be the same next season, can he do it?

Answers on a postcard.

When have their actions ever reflected their words?

Whilst they have come out with some bizarre things, they seem to have kept pretty true to their word.

They told Allardyce to play attractive football. He didn't, he got sacked. They said Kean would get the job in the mean time. He did. They said he would have the job till the end of the season at least. He has had that. They said his job was safe. He didn't get sacked.

IMO to fully win over the fans (myself included) we have to hit the ground running next season.

A good start is imperative.

Correct. If we're in the bottom 3 after 10 games I'll start another relegation thread.

Whilst they have come out with some bizarre things, they seem to have kept pretty true to their word.

They told Allardyce to play attractive football. He didn't, he got sacked. They said Kean would get the job in the mean time. He did. They said he would have the job till the end of the season at least. He has had that. They said his job was safe. He didn't get sacked.

We won't change anything, Sam is safe as is the rest of the club, Jw is going nowhere and they will stay for at least one season.

That's not being true to your word. They backed Kean through our worst run in 30 years which shows they can be patient but weren't willing to apply that to sam or JW, WHY?

We won't change anything, Sam is safe as is the rest of the club, Jw is going nowhere and they will stay for at least one season.

That's not being true to your word. They backed Kean through our worst run in 30 years which shows they can be patient but weren't willing to apply that to sam or JW, WHY?

Because Sam's a ####, things he's bigger than any club he manages and wasn't looking to take the club in the direction the owners wanted to. Points aside, at least Kean was making positive changes to the philosophy of the team, and any reasoned individual could see that results were going to (and will continue to do so in the future) change eventually. We've probably had three bad games under Kean. Results have been the problem, and I believe this will be rectified in the future, especially whilst we are safe. Allardyce said we had to play that way, and winning is entertaining. His football wasn't entertaining and we didn't have to play that way.

Unsure of why JW left, but that's in the past and if they didn't want him they didn't want him. Not much more you can say.

We've probably had three bad games under Kean. Results have been the problem,

Difficult day but then there's always somebody on here who cheers me up and makes me laugh.

Thank you.

Difficult day but then there's always somebody on here who cheers me up and makes me laugh.

Thank you.

The point that I made earlier was that if certain draws became wins last season (may have happened if ref decisions had been fairer) then Keans record seems about average. Our general performances have been decent- get us playing and performing like the last 8 games or so and we can have a good season next year.

Our really terrible run co-incided with two significant events ....

a. EHD being banished to Scotland on the orders of Colin.

b. John Jensen being signed on and imo bringing the disastrous but now departed diamond formation with him.

Take your pick folks but imo within the game we'll soon be referred to as the 'K Club'! <_<

The management didn't get much wrong over the past 2 months. The 2 months beforehand were however little short of a disaster. People can choose to see it either way. I dont know why somebody would WANT to be angry at the team/club/manager when there is a reason not to be but its hard to avoid the picture as a whole - we were almost relegated.

Kean has gone from totally out of his depth to the jury still being out. He comes across well and he sets the team up in the 'right' way. He has also shown that he can get results playing that way. Id give him and his staff another six months. Getting rid of him now will do as much damage as good.

In regards to JW. I heard that he wanted out anyway. Venky's made little effort to keep him but I think he had personal reasons for stepping down. Allardyce has come out stated that he wanted to leave last summer so although he was fired at a ridiculous time of the season im not totally bothered that he's gone now we're up.

Interesting question, would anyone want Allardyce back right this minute?

The management didn't get much wrong over the past 2 months. The 2 months beforehand were however little short of a disaster. People can choose to see it either way. I dont know why somebody would WANT to be angry at the team/club/manager when there is a reason not to be but its hard to avoid the picture as a whole - we were almost relegated.

Kean has gone from totally out of his depth to the jury still being out. He comes across well and he sets the team up in the 'right' way. He has also shown that he can get results playing that way. Id give him and his staff another six months. Getting rid of him now will do as much damage as good.

In regards to JW. I heard that he wanted out anyway. Venky's made little effort to keep him but I think he had personal reasons for stepping down. Allardyce has come out stated that he wanted to leave last summer so although he was fired at a ridiculous time of the season im not totally bothered that he's gone now we're up.

Interesting question, would anyone want Allardyce back right this minute?

No thanks!

think the potential is there, but Kean needs to be a little more aware of what is available to him. When we mix it up ie hoof and possession football, we look a good team. its when we only have 1 game plan, that's when we struggle. I think ill give Kean a chance, if he can add a few top quality players, then we can only be positive about having a good season.

We've probably had three bad games under Kean. Results have been the problem, and I believe this will be rectified in the future, especially whilst we are safe. Allardyce said we had to play that way, and winning is entertaining. His football wasn't entertaining and we didn't have to play that way.

The hatred which some hold for Allardyce appears to have a strange side effect of damaging the memory, a disability to think rationally, and also to see games clearly.

Archived