BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Under 21s

Personally I am really looking forward to this tournament. Looking forward to the best young players showing off their talents.

Think England have a good chance of making the semi's but will lose on Sunday against Spain, who wouldn't? That shouldn't detract from the very solid squad that Stuart Pearce has available. We could have done with Wilshire and Carrol not pulling a "Bentley" though. Might of made the difference.

Anyway good luck to England!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the last u21 championships in Sweden which was a nice little trip and I was thinking about going to this one because for the first time in ages there'd be a Rovers player. Glad I didn't chose to in the end!

As for the games, I don't think we'll beat Spain and the Czech Rep will be a difficult game. No idea if Ukraine are any good or not!

Whens it start and what sort of times are the games on TV at?

Starts on Saturday and is on Sky. England's games are:

Sun 12 Spain v England (7.45pm)

Wed 15 Ukraine v England (7.45pm)

Sun 19 England v Czech Republic (7.45pm)

Bit of a shock in the opening game. Belarus 2-0 Iceland.

Next game in a few minutes time is Denmark against the Swiss. I'm looking forward to seeing Christian Eriksen make his debut for Denmark. He looked brilliant against the senior England team not long ago.

Shaqiri from the Swiss side is a good player too, also did very well against England seniors last week.

Seen Eriksen for Ajax last season and he is going to be a worldie.

Bad for Iceland, we didn't expect the defeat but this is competition. Our best young players didn't perform but they will put that right next time.

The above is correct, Shaqiri is a wonderful talent and Eriksen will play for the very best clubs in the future.

Until the football governing bodies man up and ban these cheats this will happen again and again.

Should be an instant 5 match ban.

I can just see Blatter agreeing to that! You ate correct though, imagine banning him for the rest of the tournament. That would teach him a lesson, I'd prefer Pearce to come on for 10 mins and go in for a 50/50!

Watching this game makes 1 thing crystal clear - English players are seriously over-rated and over priced/ valued.

Thiago Alcantara is rumoured to be available for £6-7m where as Henderson went for £16m rising to £20m. Yes the England players look stronger and more 'up for it', but the real quality is in the spain side.

Watching this game makes 1 thing crystal clear - English players are seriously over-rated and over priced/ valued.

Thiago Alcantara is rumoured to be available for £6-7m where as Henderson went for £16m rising to £20m. Yes the England players look stronger and more 'up for it', but the real quality is in the spain side.

I don't even think Spain have bothered getting out of 2nd gear.

Lovin' this passing and movement from the Spanish and some sublime touches on the ball - it's almost like BFS is coaching them....

I don't even think Spain have bothered getting out of 2nd gear.

Lovin' this passing and movement from the Spanish and some sublime touches on the ball - it's almost like BFS is coaching them....

Loving it? Its boring as hell. They've created limited chances all game and scored with a handball from a corner. They don't have the right balance between simply keeping the ball and actually attacking. So far from beautiful football its untrue. Like watching paint dry.

On the other hand we have been absolutely abysmal with a woeful attempt at replicating the crap style of the Spanish.

As soon as this fad for this dull keepball style grows old the better.

Loving it? Its boring as hell. They've created limited chances all game and scored with a handball from a corner. They don't have the right balance between simply keeping the ball and actually attacking. So far from beautiful football its untrue. Like watching paint dry.

On the other hand we have been absolutely abysmal with a woeful attempt at replicating the crap style of the Spanish.

As soon as this fad for this dull keepball style grows old the better.

Not a Barcelona fan then? :blush:

Good goal by Welbeck, nice control and composure after a storming run by Walker.

Archived