SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(RB) Roman Shishkin

Ricky

Please do re-name your topic :P

Roman Shishkin is the right back target

Article here

Google translated

"Defender of the Moscow "Locomotive" and Roman Shishkin sbornoy3D Russia may soon become a player in the English "Blackburn." Estimated amount of transfer - £ 4 million.

According to Sportbox.ru, head coach of "vagrants" Steve Keen is considering a 24-year railway as a replacement for the 35-year veteran of the Spanish Michel Salgado, played at right-back all last season.

Shishkin, who joined in the "locomotive" of the capital's "Spartacus" in 2010 for 500 thousand dollars this season, played for the railroad in 14 matches and scored 3 goals"

And another article about our interest ;)

Again in Russian

"Footballer of the Moscow "Locomotive" Roman Shishkin fell into the sphere of interests of the English "Blackburn."

As the Internet portal Sportbox.ru, head coach Steve Kean riversaydtsev expects to find in the person of Shishkin replace 35-year old Spaniard Michel Salgado, played at right-back all last season.

The source notes that his counsel for "railroad" can fetch up to 4 million pounds.

Recall that a career 24-year-old Roman Shishkin began in Moscow "Spartacus," which played over 54 matches and scored 1 goal. In 2009, the defender was loaned to Samara "Wings of Soviets", and a year later moved to Moscow "Locomotive", by signing a contract until the end of the season with a possible extension for another 3 years.

This season, the defender spent the "Loco" 14 matches and scored 3 goals.

March 24, 2007 Shishkin made his debut in the Russian team in the qualifying match of the championship Euro-2008 with a team of Estonia, which Russia won 2-0.

In November 2010 the novel was in an extended list of candidates for the Russian team for the match against Belgium, but then was called to the location of the team. In the match played all 90 minutes.

All in all Shishkin 4 matches for the national team, and no goal is scored"

Seems a solid prospect. Wiki says can play both fullback positions. Not the best source I know but does roberto or anyone else know if this is true? Left back is a concern for me, not sold on Givet/Olsson as it's neither players best spot.

Seems a solid prospect. Wiki says can play both fullback positions. Not the best source I know but does roberto or anyone else know if this is true? Left back is a concern for me, not sold on Givet/Olsson as it's neither players best spot.

Yes can play left back if need be.

Sorry to spoil the fun...

But it's not him.

Well on some of the russian sites it says we "wanted" Aleksandr Anyukov but he isnt up for a move to UK is he???? :o

Link here

Football team of Russia and St. Petersburg "Zenith" Alexander Anyukov rejected the proposal to the English "Blackburn" about the transfer.

28-year-old defender is not going to leave his current team, even though the conditions that he was ready to give Anyukovu British club.

- "Blackburn" was ready to offer lucrative contract Anyukovu - told Life Sports source "Zenith". - However, our captain, without thinking twice, I decided to give up this opportunity and stay with us.

More recently, Alexander admitted that he would not mind to consider the proposal of Albion.

- I am pleased with all the "Zenith" and would like to finish his career here. However, the championship of England I've always liked. Fighting a constant rate is supported by every second, there are no pauses, as in Russia. If from a good team suggested - would have thought, - has told Anyukov.

Anyukov is one of the most consistent defenders in our football. Turning to the "Zenith" in 2005, he was able to win various trophies at home, as well as the UEFA Cup and Super Cup.

Interest in the person of the Russian national team defender at different times showed such clubs as "Liverpool", "Bavaria", and now and "Blackburn."

The "Rovers" now there is an acute shortage of players in defense, because the right-back Michel Salgado, the team will soon hang up his boots, and Christopher Samba is going to go to the "Arsenal".

Anyukova contract with "Zenith" is valid until the end of December 2012

Anjukov is the serious target from what I hear. His quotes back that up. He IS available,his contract IS running out and the clubs are talking about fees.

Shishkin was commenting on a rumour he knew nothing about. I even suspect that rumour may have started round here...

We do have a few interesting guests.

Apologies if that sounds like KGB paranoia.

:lol:

Been asking a Russian football follower on twitter (@footballrussia)

He says "He's a pretty reliable, straightforward defender. Got pace yes and can tackle. Nothing out of the ordinary though"

He should fit right in here then.

Are we signing him cos he sound a bit like 'chicken'? Why else would we want an unremarkable full back from Russia for £4m.

Just because we appear to have a bit of cash doesnt mean we need to spend it all. We surely must be able to find someone better for that money - fullbacks generally arent that expensive.

Archived