BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NOTW hacking scandals...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murdoch had it coming, but he is too shrewd to let this damage him much. Great excuse though for all the intelligencia, pseudo intelligencia, lefties, pseudo lefties, commies, crypto commies, pseudo crypto commies, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos and so on to stick the knife in his back though.

Now he has his chance to start the Sun on Sunday.

On the news this morning it will be launched within 12 weeks.

What's the betting it's called - Sunday........................well that's what I'd do but I don't know a whole lot about selling newspapers

Murdoch had it coming, but he is too shrewd to let this damage him much. Great excuse though for intelligent people pseudo intelligencia, lefties, pseudo lefties, commies, crypto commies, pseudo crypto commies, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos and so on to stick the knife in his back though.

You should have left it at that.

Another intelligent commentator thinks the game is up for Murdoch.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/97eb2a6a-a8bc-11e0-b877-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1RVvIX9UA

Absolutely great speech by John Finemore on "The Now Show" tonight regarding the NOTW fiasco.

here

Go to series 34, episode 5, click on "listen now" and go into about 7 minutes in. 9 minutes well worth spending

On the news this morning it will be launched within 12 weeks.

What's the betting it's called - Sunday........................well that's what I'd do but I don't know a whole lot about selling newspapers

The clue this was going to happen was the 5th of July when a lot of people twigged about the rename and tried to grab the domain name, but NI had beaten them to it ....... just

http://whois.domaintools.com/sunonsunday.co.uk

Is there going to be a grave to dance on?

200 journalists have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and the actions of a ruthless and cynical employer so I hope you're feeling pleased with yourself.

Murdoch had it coming, but he is too shrewd to let this damage him much. Great excuse though for all the intelligencia, pseudo intelligencia, lefties, pseudo lefties, commies, crypto commies, pseudo crypto commies, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos and so on to stick the knife in his back though.

Hey, leave some room for my knife.

200 journalists have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and the actions of a ruthless and cynical employer so I hope you're feeling pleased with yourself.

That can always happen when you sup with the devil Jim. I used to know a guy who worked on the printing side of "The Screws", whenever anyone asked him what he did for a living he used to reply - " I work in a lie factory ".

Live by the sword .... die by the sword. Those journalists only write on vaccuous candy floss issues and no doubt the most revered will find work on this new rag. A rose by any other name is still a rose... or more accurately in this case a lump of ###### by any other name is still a lump of ######.

Britain would be a better place if every red top was closed down. Who will mourn this lots passing? The fact that the likes of Posh, Katy Price, Cheryl Cole and Max bloody Clifford will miss their free publicity most says everything. The British public has been conditioned to devour every piece of scandal and irrelevent gossip that is put in front of them at the expense of responsible reporting. The closest thing to the truth ever in those publications is the racing results.

btw Jim did you buy it every Sunday and support those poor journo's? I kniow I didn't.

The Dirty Digger is unlikely to be able to control this.

There are a bunch of legal and technical problems with shutting the NotW, sacking 200, then in effect running the same product under a different name a few weeks later.

An interesting twist is the sacked NoTW workers can probably sue successfully for having their NoTW employment damaging the value of their CVs through the malfeasance of their former employer.

Now the next person up the food chain probably to face arrest is an ex-NI employee now heading up Dow Jones. The Americans will notice that.

Even more noticable would be the US DOJ going after Murdoch under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. y

Astonishing how it looks like the Americans can nail people at the time we are still dithering over letting Murdoch turn BSkyB into Fox.

Philip, It's not often I take exception at someones post, but I do so in this case.

The term "Digger" is used to describe an Australian Infantry Soldier. 28 of them have died in Afghanistan in the most recent conflict. 2 have received the VC

Don't you dare describe an an ex Australian, now American citizen, who sold his soul in search of as many dollars that he could accumulate, as a "Digger".

I know you now reside in Malta, and it would be disgusting if anyone denigrated the people of wartime Malta in such flippant terms.

I await your apology.

Hello Dave, I was unaware of that connotation and apologise unreservedly.

That has been what Murdoch has been known as for a very long time- I think Private Eye first gave him that nickname in 1970. If you put the term into Google over here, you get references to Rupert Murdoch and a BBC documentary about paedophiles.

Two countries divided by a common language could not be more vividly illustrated.

Back to the BSkyB situation and Hunt is writing to the OFT and Competition Commission to ask them if they would have given their OKs had they known then what they know now. This way Govt could presumably block the takeover without giving Murdoch opportunity to sue.

Thanks for that Philip.

Murdoch is disliked down here by many, yet his mother, who is still alive iirc and living in Adelaide, is admired.

My thoughts are that Rebekah Brooks is being supported because the next in line after her is the son and heir.

I have long felt that RM has had far too much influence on world governments and I truly hope that this is the beginning of a comeuppance.

A few days back, a guy called Stephen Mayne wrote an article on www.abc.net.au/thedrum about News. It had some interesting thoughts about the prospective owner of BSkyB. If you can find it, check out the responses to the article; they are very disparaging of RM.

As things stand, James Murdoch could be closer to a knock on the door than Rebekah Brooks is.

His personal signing off of certain payments are being viewed in a very different light given what has now emerged and could give NI enormously problems under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act considering the parent company is in America. I understand the payment to Gordon Taylor would be viewed differently in US legal circles to the way it is viewed in the UK.

Hello Dave, I was unaware of that connotation and apologise unreservedly.

You don't need to apologise; Murdoch has always been known as Digger here, and not in derogatory way.

You don't mention the biggest potential casualty of all this could be David Cameron. He is in deep hole politically because of his association with Brooks and Coulson.

In addition, if the BSkyB decision goes against Murdoch, retribution could be swift with the remaining News International newspapers turning hostile towards the Tory-led government.

You don't mention the biggest potential casualty of all this could be David Cameron. He is in deep hole politically because of his association with Brooks and Coulson.

In addition, if the BSkyB decision goes against Murdoch, retribution could be swift with the remaining News International newspapers turning hostile towards the Tory-led government.

Dunno about that. Things could turn either way. Labour are trying to paint News International blacker than black in order to discredit Cameron themselves. Alternatively Cameron might just let the Septics clear up the mess.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/kamal-ahmed/8627729/Labour-could-sink-Rupert-Murdochs-plans-for-BSkyB-deal.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/8629180/Rupert-Murdochs-News-Corp-could-face-100m-bill-for-US-investigation-into-police-payments.htm

One things for sure there will be much double dealing to come and many unholy alliances forged behind closed doors I'm sure. Murky.

I don't understand why the Met seem to be getting such an easy ride. I'd be giving them just as much investigating as the others, or am I just being naive that we really want to know the truth?

I don't understand why the Met seem to be getting such an easy ride. I'd be giving them just as much investigating as the others, or am I just being naive that we really want to know the truth?

I'm sure i read somehere that 3 coppers have been charged so far.

I agree with Dave Birch re the term "Digger" being used re Rupert

I'm sure i read somehere that 3 coppers have been charged so far.

I agree with Dave Birch re the term "Digger" being used re Rupert

Yes but that's like peeing in the sea. I've no doubt that the Met could be blown wide open but will people have the will to do it?

Archived