BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Jermain Defoe

RoverMad86

If the rumours have even a hint of truth to them, and we have a chance of getting Defoe, we should be all over it!

Like a shot.

The man is ai far above what we have now it's pathetic and I have a hard time believing that some fans are turning up their noses at the prospect.

Saying that though, I do agree with Lechuck in regards to a strong forward partner, who, in my opinion, would be Roberts.

Lads, as has already been said, the rumour is made up, and has been confessed to be so. That said...

niggit, the guy is 28, even if he only had two years here, which is possiblity with him, he will only be 30 when he leaves, so would still fetch alot of money in from some other club.

That re-sale would be half what we paid at best. I do think he's quality though, and a far better shout than Keane.

just read Nickos report in the mirror and think we should looking at a outright buy not a swap for Samba we need to keep the beast at the back and have the pace and sharpness of JDF up front with somelike JRob might see us go back to some Fat Slam football of knocking it up to JRob and hoping he knocks it on to Defoe but if we keep Hoilett and Olsson or Gamst on the left we can play on the outside and in to to his feet anyway enough waffle..

i hope this deal comes off but not at the cost of Samba. i guess it will be hard for try and do a deal with Spurs when they want one of our players so badly

but it's about time we showed some metal in this transfer window the new season is here in one month

Defoe is a great goalscorer and would move us up a few places in the league from his goals alone.

My only question would be his motivation - being frozen out at Spurs and having to leave and having to move from London to Manchester (preferable move in my eyes, mind).

However, we have the Euro 2012 tournament at the end of the season - Defoe comes here and bangs in 20-30 goals, he's on the plane.

anyone remember andy cole's move here, he came here to get regular first team football so he would be in contention for world cup 2002 (ok that didnt end well) but his goals boosted our league position and won us a cup. Maybe defoe would have the same impact and maybe he will think along the same lines and cole. This would be the biggest signing since we signed coley.

Archived