BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Jermain Defoe

RoverMad86

As for Defoe I suppose it all depends on what system we play though I have never been a massive fan. that being said I wouldn't be upset to see him down at Ewood.

How can you not be a fan of Defoe? The guy scores goals for fun. He is one of the best pure finishers in the English game. I would take him at Rovers any day of the week, no hesitation. Granted you have to play a system to fit him in, but he is the type of player that you would play to his strengths.

How can you not be a fan of Defoe? The guy scores goals for fun. He is one of the best pure finishers in the English game. I would take him at Rovers any day of the week, no hesitation. Granted you have to play a system to fit him in, but he is the type of player that you would play to his strengths.

Defoe scored 5 goals in one game. I wouldn't mind if he's moving in. He is old at 30, though.

But it does fit in with what Mrs. Desai said the other time. Seems like we are really going for a mix of senior players with experience and young talent. If all this is true, of course.

I only said I'm not a MASSIVE fan and I also wrote that I would like it if Rovers got him. Yeh he scores goals I suppose you can't ask for much more but I have just never been sold on him. Scores goals for fun? He's not that prolific. But if you read what my post said..

Totally and absolutely disagree patv

Jal, don't get me wrong, i'm no fan. But he is comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass. He's got a bit (i stress a BIT) of quality further forward. Like it or not, we missed Diouf last year because we didn't keep the ball well enough. Malbranque would at the very least do this better than some of the other no marks we've got to choose from. But yes, he is well past his best. If this rumour has any substance, its probably because Kean has fond memories of working with him when he was in his pomp at Fulham.

I only said I'm not a MASSIVE fan and I also wrote that I would like it if Rovers got him. Yeh he scores goals I suppose you can't ask for much more but I have just never been sold on him. Scores goals for fun? He's not that prolific. But if you read what my post said..

Yes I read your post. His goals to game ratio is actually very good. 1 in 3ish. I get that you said you're not a massive fan, I am. I was just sharing my views on him.

Sorry if I offended you.

Yes I read your post. His goals to game ratio is actually very good. 1 in 3ish. I get that you said you're not a massive fan, I am. I was just sharing my views on him.

Sorry if I offended you.

I never said it wasn't but I reckon 'scores goals for fun' >>>>>> '1 in 3ish'. But fair enough we will just have to agree to disagree

Defoe plays off the shoulder of the last defender, who have we got who can deliver the ball into those areas, thats the problem, Defoe with a Tugay type player would be great, unfortunately we haven't a player to play the balls into the channels!

I've always liked Defoe as a player. Him and Santa Cruz up top could be deadly.

As the weeks have not been to good to us I'll not hold my breath.

Goes with my earlier point of depends on the system. Don't see Kean playing with 2 up front (though I hope he does), I think he may go with Junior behind a lone striker. That being said I totally agree with this post

Defoe plays off the shoulder of the last defender, who have we got who can deliver the ball into those areas, thats the problem, Defoe with a Tugay type player would be great, unfortunately we haven't a player to play the balls into the channels!

Errrrrr, Hoilettt, Ollsson, EHD from the wing granted the passing form central midfield is a problem :blush:

What the hell is wrong with people dismissing Defoe?! It was only last season he has had a poor season, and that was down to Redknapp changing spurs tactics to accomodate Van Der Vaart, in which he played him behind a target man (making defoe surplus).

The season before he scored 18 premier league goals. Prior to last season he has always averaged 1 in 3, if not better.

I don't know who the hell some of you guys are expecting us to sign.

seeing as though these rumours have been rubbished already not much point in getting involved with the defoe debate but i will anyway. How anyone can turn their noses up at a player of defoe's class is mad. This is the sort of player we can only dream of getting and yet some people think he isnt good enough. I bet these are the same people who think we should be paying £8.5 million for that rubbish from fc copenhagen. If we got defoe i would dance naked down my street. Lets all face facts we arent getting a decent striker and we will start next season with benjani and roberts, oh where are those headache tablets.

Errrrrr, Hoilettt, Ollsson, EHD from the wing granted the passing form central midfield is a problem :blush:

Thats where I see the ball played to Defoe, from Centre Mid, he can get on the end of diagonals but his game is the first couple of yards when the balls been played through, very quick off the mark, indeed, Kevin Phillips can still do that and he's almost 40!! He will do well at Blackpool next season!

niggit, the guy is 28, even if he only had two years here, which is possiblity with him, he will only be 30 when he leaves, so would still fetch alot of money in from some other club.

true. id have defoe like a shot. a lot is made of his 2 prem goals.. but i think that could be down to a lack of confidence as spurs underperformed as a collective last season.

also he mightve seen the writing on the wall from 'arry!

We'd need to sign another striker who could play alongside him and do the physical donkey work. He's rubbish at playing on his own up front so we would need a hard working striker to make up for the fact we'd have to play 4-4-2.

So...John Carew or Emile Heskey...

Archived