BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official Website

Hey guys

Since the owners (temporary or not) are following this messegeboard I think it would be a good idea to discuss the offcial website and what you would like to see.

Personally I would like to see:

More updates from training and training camps.

Player interviews during pre-season

A more relaxed range of interviews with players. Both academy, reserve and first team.

Ideas?

I'd like to see:

The Barclays Mortgage Fiasco sorted out

4 Quality players signed (PJ Replacement, LB, CM, CF)

Steve Kean sacked

Kentaro links cut

Venkys improve their PR

Experienced manager signed

Replacement backroom & board members signed since the majority have left/been sacked.

Then I'll worry about the website.

Yes. We have concerns but that doenst mean that the whole club stands still does it???

and yes they have Rovers Player for 2.99. I dont think I get my moneys worth

Thanks for the positive replys guys ;-)

You get every commentry of Rovers games home and away. Handy, if like me, you cannot get to many matches.

They already have all that and it costs around £2.99 a month the last time I subscribed, its called Rovers player.

Yes they do, but why should we pay to receive news from our club. I only subscribed for the radio match commentaries, as I live 6 hours away and it is difficult and expensive to get to Ewood, 2 day trip. The match commentaries are usually ok, but fraught with problems often cutting out for minutes, so won't be subscribing again.

Yes they do, but why should we pay to receive news from our club.

Because to generate that news costs money.

If you look at Daniel's requests, all those interviewing tasks and editing of the clips would have to be done by skilled people. That costs money.

Personally reckon they should utilise fan based help if they even plan on looking at the site.. willing to offer my services for free as a consultant (not developer) should they be interested (Managed the Coke UK, Sony Ericsson worldwide X1 subsite, Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, GuinuessUDV, Burberry, Emerdale, onMedica.net.. sites to name a few).

Fans would be much more interested in the end result, would be more enthusiastic, more understanding of fellow fan needs and I am sure there are more out there than just little old me willing to help.

They basically need to make the whole interface much more simplistic in terms of use, provide better integration with external sources (including social media and forums like ours) and utilise the real estate (and technology) available allot better.

I would also get them to seriously consider the information on the site, a fine example would be league statistics etc.. this information is available elsewhere in much more detail (and can be dragged in from external sources) and while it may seem like a great feature to us the resource used to update such vast amounts of data would be better used to improve content in other areas. After all why re-invent the wheel when big shiny high tech feature packed wheels are already available for free.

As mentioned though they should have much bigger priorities at the moment, but my offer stands and starting up a new company so would not mind that in my portfolio even if I do it for free lol.

The club signed a long term deal 25 year ++ with NTL ages ago for a load of money. It would cost a fortune to get out of that and setup a new site.

I'm sure Lee would love it if it happened mind.

The club signed a long term deal 25 year ++ with NTL ages ago for a load of money. It would cost a fortune to get out of that and setup a new site.

Yeah I figured they would of signed up to something like that which is in the internet world always a very very bad move (long term deals and single partners.. on the internet which changes daily.. ick), personally don't think it would cost huge amounts though (unless they signed up to a very strict contract in which only they can do the rovers site) and the end result would be worth it.

We do own the domain name at least, this would indicate that there is at least some leway.. but the oh so wonderful perform progressive sports media are tied into other things like premium TV and those services on the side.

Considering how awful (browser compatibility is shocking) and dated the layout now is would love them to consider fixing it.

Allot depends on intellectual property as well, freshening it up, removing some features and getting it up to date with compatibility etc would not be a massive job but would be dependent on gaining access to existing coding and like most companies this tends not to be considered when signing up with media companies.

You get every commentry of Rovers games home and away. Handy, if like me, you cannot get to many matches.

Yeh but it's usually Wendy shrieking down a mic having a "lady moment" when Dunn or Peds touches the ball.

That was when we were in Division 1 mind you it's still hard to avoid the content is cr@p and essential information is often missing. That has nothing to do with NTL and is just plain sloppy.

To be fair to Lee. He does an amazing job with what he has to work with (his content inside somebody else's rigid outdated framework).

To be fair to FLPTV (or whatever they are called this year), the site isn't optimized for brand awareness (as the type of sites Veeves mentioned are), it's been optimized for short term monetization and whilst the end result is unpleasant, I have absolutely no doubt it works (we deal with sites like that all the time, and "bad" sites can be way more profitable than "good" ones).

I feel a bit guilty have this conversation on here. Lee is always very receptive to such things and I'm sure he wouldn't mind this discussion happening on his site.

Glenn I've lost count of the times I've looked for basic info on the club site and found it missing. Like the TO phone number, PDF brochures that don't work, I could go on..........

Rarely bother with it these days.

Glenn I've lost count of the times I've looked for basic info on the club site and found it missing. Like the TO phone number, PDF brochures that don't work, I could go on..........

Rarely bother with it these days.

I have to admit, it's rare I go on there directly for info, simply because I hate the interface, although many of my Google searches seem to end up there.

I'd like to see a webcam in the "palace" in Pune see if they mess their day to day living up as much as they do at Ewood.

I also want to see if Mrs Desai tucks Bilaji and Venkatesh in and tell the lights out at 9.30!

You think they'll oblige?

Most office sports sites really don't get what the internet is about at all, certainly in the UK. I would also say the Premier League themselves are scared of the internet. They see it as a pirate playground and not as chance to take their brand to even more people. Just compare Premier League and NFL.

Commercial site like Umbro, Nike etc look lovely and work every well.

I'd like to see a webcam in the "palace" in Pune see if they mess their day to day living up as much as they do at Ewood.

I also want to see if Mrs Desai tucks Bilaji and Venkatesh in and tell the lights out at 9.30!

Venky Venky would have a cuddly chicken toy next to his pillow and dresses in an over-sized baby's romper suit for bed-time.

Barry White Venky has a Scarface poster on his bedroom wall, and a big bottle of Brut 45 to splash on in the mornings. he likes to stroll around his bedroom wearing just a leopard-print thong and a Barry Manilow medallion.

The Dragon Lady has a signed photo of Mrs Thatcher on her desk, and a sign saying "8 out of 10 ain't bad".

Archived