BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Advert

What do you think of the advert  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the advert? (Public Poll, people can see how you voted)

• Loved It. More of the same please!
    • Mainly Positively. Fine for promoting us in India, but rather cringe-worthy over here
    • Don't care on way or the other
    • Mainly Negative. Regardless of what it does in India, I hate what it represents here!
    • Sheer and utter embarrassed. Everyone involved should be ashamed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite liked the advert, after hearing how awful it was I was pleasantly surprised. It is certainly nothing for anybody connected with the club to be ashamed of.

Of course, the best PR Venky's could have would be to be owning a winning and successful Rovers side. An advert like that with "Blackburn Rovers with Venky's - newly qualified for Europe" would be the way to sell it...

I liked the ad but now I am left wondering at the ineptitude of Venky's marketing/speed of reaction.

I will be delighted to be proved wrong but:

Q1- there has been unbelievable free advertising for Venky's XPRS in the UK worth an absolute fortune given the way that ad went viral and got picked up by all the main channels. What have they done to capitalise on it in the UK?

A1- nothing

Q2- we were at the Premier Asian Cup with a load of folks from Pune. What was done in India to take advantage by getting coverage of Rovers' games?

A2- nothing

Q3- three Rovers senior players have been running round Pune for four days. How much coverage has this generated in the English language Indian press?

A3- nothing.

I liked the ad but now I am left wondering at the ineptitude of Venky's marketing/speed of reaction.

I will be delighted to be proved wrong but:

Q1- there has been unbelievable free advertising for Venky's XPRS in the UK worth an absolute fortune given the way that ad went viral and got picked up by all the main channels. What have they done to capitalise on it in the UK?

A1- nothing

Q2- we were at the Premier Asian Cup with a load of folks from Pune. What was done in India to take advantage by getting coverage of Rovers' games?

A2- nothing

Q3- three Rovers senior players have been running round Pune for four days. How much coverage has this generated in the English language Indian press?

A3- nothing.

Frankly, this post just smacks of any excuse to smear Venkys. The advertising campaign IS doing something or have you completely ignored that fact? And how exactly are they supposed to capitalise on a viral ad? BTW, it went viral, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned that way...

Criticise when there is a point but this just smacks of seizing on anything to make your anti-Venky point. I'm not pro-Venky either...

Frankly, this post just smacks of any excuse to smear Venkys. The advertising campaign IS doing something or have you completely ignored that fact? And how exactly are they supposed to capitalise on a viral ad? BTW, it went viral, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned that way...

Criticise when there is a point but this just smacks of seizing on anything to make your anti-Venky point. I'm not pro-Venky either...

Far from it- just looking at their marketing failures with cool professional detachment.

Far from it- just looking at their marketing failures with cool professional detachment.

You are about as detached and cool when it comes to Venkys as a log on a bonfire.

Who does Venkys marketing? Is it Venkys? Erm... don't think so...

• Backroom

It's funny cause it's chicken eh?

Why do we never see mock ups of West Ham players as sex toys or Sam Allardyce with a blow up doll etc?

It's funny cause it's chicken eh?

Why do we never see mock ups of West Ham players as sex toys or Sam Allardyce with a blow up doll etc?

I've asked that same question myself... Because the media dislike us and like West Ham.

I've asked that same question myself... Because the media dislike us and like West Ham.

the answer, is because venkys are doing their level best to mess up everything at this once proud club.

that 2nd image with beckham, maradona and ronnie says it all. its clear now, they were just saying anything to garner some publicity.

• 3 months later...

Eeee I remember the slaughtering I got when I dared to suggest that the Venkys/BRFC relationship was all one way.

'get a grip, it's just an advert'

'any excuse to moan, great for getting Rovers as India's club'

and so on.

As I said at the time, they get unlimited free advertising for brand Venky's, we get what exactly in return?

Archived