BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Advert

What do you think of the advert  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the advert? (Public Poll, people can see how you voted)

• Loved It. More of the same please!
    • Mainly Positively. Fine for promoting us in India, but rather cringe-worthy over here
    • Don't care on way or the other
    • Mainly Negative. Regardless of what it does in India, I hate what it represents here!
    • Sheer and utter embarrassed. Everyone involved should be ashamed

Not pleased- its embarrassing that the famous blue and white is being used to advertise ###### fried chicken. There are much classier ways to promote the club and their chicken brand.

What does it matter whether it's chicken, perspex or alcohol. Ah the penny has just dropped for me - it's another stick to beat our owners with.

Quite pathetic really but some can use it as another excuse not to buy season tickets :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the people moaning prefer the advert to contain the players wearing cravats, smoking jackets, puffing away on a pipe whilst sitting in a rocking chair discussing the state of the current financial climate?

Get a frigging grip.

Oh deary me! Will anything they do ever make any sense over here?

I would be fired if I ever produced anything that cringe worthy!

I do however, take it with a pinch of salt. It's a crap ad, and the airwaves are littered with crap ads.

well my daughter is 10yrs old and she said without prompting "can we find another team to support?" stuff like this might be good for the KFCwannabees and might interest a few people in india but does anyone think it will get the kids in blackburn and lancashire down to ewood?

well my daughter is 10yrs old and she said without prompting "can we find another team to support?" stuff like this might be good for the KFCwannabees and might interest a few people in india but does anyone think it will get the kids in blackburn and lancashire down to ewood?

Well; No, because it's goin to be on Indian telly....

so you don't think it will all over the internet and a source of serious embarassment for junior and potential/target supporters??

I'm sure all our young fans will be deterred by one advert, which isn't that corny. It's just a bunch of players eating chicken for about five seconds. Man. Utd have "starred" in worse.

Red Bull and their F1 team have a mutually beneficial relationship. The company provide the funds and they win races. They win races and Red Bull is beamed around the world.

Venky's are getting plenty from us, what are we getting return?

and another thing .... the crass religious symbolism will have alienated the market on our doorstep that we have supposedly been looking to exploit. But of course the KFCwannabess won't give a toss about that, the interests of BRFC are secondary to them.

so you don't think it will all over the internet and a source of serious embarassment for junior and potential/target supporters??

Well here's some news for you-your daughter's probably going to grow up into a Man U/Man City/Chelsea fan. If she wants to support a different team because of one rubbish advert, then she'll most likely be a plastic big club trophy hound like many young people. And if you're so ashamed and fretful by the advert, then you need to pull yourself together and get a bit more perspective.

Sorry for being so blunt, but come on now.

When I heard on the radio that the advert was cringeworthy and the worst advert ever, I was dreading how bad it actually was.

I've just watched it and it's actually pretty funny and it really isn't as bad as the media are making out.

When I was in India a few years ago, the adverts they have on TV were totally awful, but in a good funny way. I think this will go down really well in Asia.

Total joke they're using BRFC for their own ends...wish they'd stop taking the p@@@ & invest in some players

Red Bull and their F1 team have a mutually beneficial relationship. The company provide the funds and they win races. They win races and Red Bull is beamed around the world.

Venky's are getting plenty from us, what are we getting return?

Well they're paying the players wages.

Keeping season ticket prices pretty low.

New players coming in. (Rochina, Gato, etc. More to come I hear)

Why are you sounding so hard done by?

You sound like a child. "But mum!! All my friends have got one! It's not fair :( "

What did the trust give us in the last few years that is so comparable to Venkys?

I'm sure all our young fans will be deterred by one advert, which isn't that corny. It's just a bunch of players eating chicken for about five seconds. Man. Utd have "starred" in worse.

difference is that Man Utd win trophies every year. what do we have other than local pride? this kind of thing just washes that down the drain.

Get a grip.

Its called critcial analysis in case you've never heard of it. You know look at something and try to figure out the possible consequences. very tight grip i'd say.

Well here's some news for you-your daughter's probably going to grow up into a Man U/Man City/Chelsea fan. If she wants to support a different team because of one rubbish advert, then she'll most likely be a plastic big club trophy hound like many young people. And if you're so ashamed and fretful by the advert, then you need to pull yourself together and get a bit more perspective.

Sorry for being so blunt, but come on now.

and can you blame her? why would any youngster associate themselves with anything that causies them embarassment. as i have already said the thing that BRFC had was local pride. this kind of thing does not help attract young supporters to our club no matter the opinions of grounded-adults. kids look to their peers and the peers will be sneering and laughing.

difference is that Man Utd win trophies every year. what do we have other than local pride? this kind of thing just washes that down the drain.

Its called critcial analysis in case you've never heard of it. You know look at something and try to figure out the possible consequences. very tight grip i'd say.

It's called being a drama queen actually. :P

You're overreacting. This advert will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks... but in that time, our young hopefuls will be crossing over to the Dingle Dome. :rolleyes:

and can you blame her? why would any youngster associate themselves with anything that causies them embarassment. as i have already said the thing that BRFC had was local pride. this kind of thing does not help attract young supporters to our club no matter the opinions of grounded-adults. kids look to their peers and the peers will be sneering and laughing.

Are you mental?

You're acting (drama queen pun) like we're a a super glamorous club.

I don't know about you, but I didn't pick which team I supported based on what the media said...

Their peers may well be Rovers fans. And that will probably mean that they too; will grow up Rovers fans. Like you said, kids look up to their peers.

And if they are indeed local to Blackburn. I'd hazard a guess that most will grow up to actually be Rovers fans based on location rather than watching a few adverts online then picking which team came across the best in them.

This advert is going to do Rovers no harm at all. It shows the players having fun and being game for a laugh. It will certainly go down well in Asia and most importantly - has got everybody talking about us. As they say, no publicity is bad publicity. Well done lads - chicken looked pretty good too.

• Backroom

Total joke they're using BRFC for their own ends...wish they'd stop taking the p@@@ & invest in some players

Thing is though people are saying what are they giving back, we may not like it but it's their perogotive, they do own the club.

I actually think the advert is quite well made and funny. Plus the chicken looks tasty.

Its introduces Rovers to a new market helping with Brand awareness of our club whilst selling chicken. What people have to remember if Venky's are serious about using us as a marketing tool then they have to step up to the mark and start getting footballing decisions correct otherwise adverts like this one will do them more harm than good in the long run within their core business.

As for the ad itself, its disapointing they didnt use Ewood in the stadium shot in the end and Id have expected Dunny to put up more of a fight for his chicken.

Archived