BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Advert

What do you think of the advert  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the advert? (Public Poll, people can see how you voted)

• Loved It. More of the same please!
    • Mainly Positively. Fine for promoting us in India, but rather cringe-worthy over here
    • Don't care on way or the other
    • Mainly Negative. Regardless of what it does in India, I hate what it represents here!
    • Sheer and utter embarrassed. Everyone involved should be ashamed

Absolutely cringe worthy.

Look at Dunnys face, they couldn't have picked a more appropriate player to line his shorts over the sight of a feast, no wonder he's the way he is :P

I bet they wish Benni Big Mac was still at the club though, he'd be a marketing gold mine for this lot.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely cringe worthy.

Look at Dunnys face, they couldn't have picked a more appropriate player to line his shorts over the sight of a feast, no wonder he's the way he is :P

I bet they wish Benni Big Mac was still at the club though, he'd be a marketing gold mine for this lot.

They should have got Kean to steal all the chicken, he's got a belly on him.

Surely we want it to go viral? Might make Venky's realise what a good tool we are and invest.

Wishful thinking.

Especially if we got a few bigger named players in. Then you could really imagine an advert taking off. Messi dribbling with a chicken leg here we come...

But it's not just 'a bit of fun'. It's something Venky's have set up to make their business more money. Simultaneously they are refusing to put a penny back into the club.

Exactly right. They are using our Premier League exposure and exploiting it- good for Venky's and their bottom line.

What does Blackburn Rovers get from this? Apart from having the pi$$ royally taken? Because it's certainly not investment in the team.

Exactly right. They are using our Premier League exposure and exploiting it- good for Venky's and their bottom line.

What does Blackburn Rovers get from this? Apart from having the pi$$ royally taken? Because it's certainly not investment in the team.

Its getting our players and our club face time with approximately one billion Indians.

Its getting our players and our club face time with approximately one billion Indians.

Whoa there boys and girls, its a commercial to be shown in India, its also very funny so take it as that, If it helps our commercial awareness then all good stuff. I think its great, good on the players for acting the part as well.

BTW have you seen Salgado on the sky advert with soouey as the manager,not much different, Sky want to sell their product Venky's want to sell theirs, and I hope there is an outlet at Ewood next season, food looks good. :brfc:

At the end, under the Venky's logo

Advertising Standards Authority not quite reached Pune yet.

Not sure about Chicken stock, more laughing stock !!

Truth is they are doing what any good owner would do that is leverage the asset. Harmless fun and great coverage for Rovers in India. At least they are visibly putting their brand behind the Rovers and if it sells more shirts that is good too.

We have bigger things to worry about.

Look away now, Rovers fans lol

the mail

Who simply gives a flying about what this fascist old peoples rag says?

The bit where they say there have been no comments submitted isn't correct, I've posted a lovely reply, but they won't put it on, even though it isn't offensive.

As people have already suggested, it's for business reasons, and if they do well, we do well (And vice versa) some of us may not like being linked to chickens, but if it wasn't chickens it would be oil barons, stroking ego's / play things, bankrupt chinese prisoners or Ken Bates types...

Rather an Indian than a Yank for me, after all, look at what they have managed to do at the clubs they've been involved in!!

Media giving us a lot of stick for it.

Anyone watched Wayne rooneys street striker? How cribgeworthy is it, he struggles to string a sentence together. Funnily enough never seen him get stick for that.

I think the media really don't like us, I've never really noticed it before.

How is this advert newsworthy?

Just as an aside I wonder what the reaction would be if MacDonalds or KFC made an advert which feature Hindhu religious symbolism?

Would the response be it's for the European market?

I don't care but I do find it interesting.

More practically I trust the club will be receiving a fee for the players appearances?

When I heard on the radio that the advert was cringeworthy and the worst advert ever, I was dreading how bad it actually was.

I've just watched it and it's actually pretty funny and it really isn't as bad as the media are making out.

When I was in India a few years ago, the adverts they have on TV were totally awful, but in a good funny way. I think this will go down really well in Asia.

Archived