BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Advert

What do you think of the advert  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the advert? (Public Poll, people can see how you voted)

• Loved It. More of the same please!
    • Mainly Positively. Fine for promoting us in India, but rather cringe-worthy over here
    • Don't care on way or the other
    • Mainly Negative. Regardless of what it does in India, I hate what it represents here!
    • Sheer and utter embarrassed. Everyone involved should be ashamed

some people need to lighten up its just a bit of fun.

But it's not just 'a bit of fun'. It's something Venky's have set up to make their business more money. Simultaneously they are refusing to put a penny back into the club.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's not just 'a bit of fun'. It's something Venky's have set up to make their business more money. Simultaneously they are refusing to put a penny back into the club.

And there's about six trillion other threads debating that little factoid, Chuck.

Might be worth bearing in mind that the Indian advertising genre is quite different from the west; Venky's ad fits in well with what is required there. Plenty of food ads play the good for you card because adequate nutrition is a huge issue. Cadbury's biggest selling brand in India is Bournvita, a Horlicks-type drink, and is marketed on the back of nutrition. So to have an ad showing sportsmen, who need to be fit, eating it and enjoying it makes sense.

At least they didn't burst into song and dance, which is also a commonly-used feature.

Ad produced by Triton - that's Ali Merchant's mob isn't it?

Looks like grilled or barbequed chicken to me which is a lot more healthy than ANY fried chicken so on that basis yeah, it's good for you.

Which TV adverts did we feature in under John Williams stewardship at Ewood?

You know the guy who was always telling us we must raise our profile if we want to increase revenue - oh yeah I remember now - how many was it?

Errr none.

Ad produced by Triton - that's Ali Merchant's mob isn't it?

Looks like grilled or barbequed chicken to me which is a lot more healthy than ANY fried chicken so on that basis yeah, it's good for you.

Which TV adverts did we feature in under John Williams stewardship at Ewood?

You know the guy who was always telling us we must raise our profile if we want to increase revenue - oh yeah I remember now - how many was it?

Errr none.

Eh? The advert is to sell chicken, not to sell BRFC.

Eh? The advert is to sell chicken, not to sell BRFC.

You remember when Levis use to do adverts the song they used use to become a hit e..g Spaceman (I always wanted you to go into space...man)number 1 chart hit off the back.

they were still selling Jeans, but the fact the song was on the ad brought awareness.

so I'm driving in my car for lunch and it hit me, where is Samba the captain?

I may be completely off here but I believe Samba mentioned being under the weather the same time that Roberts was posting the photo's of them shooting the commercial.

That's not me saying that the chicken made Big Chris ill BTW

I can not see anything wrong with the add at all.

Understandable that they used a much larger ground etc. to promote both brands.

In reality, in the asian market, it can do nothing but good for both Venkeys and Rovers.

A good use of Dunn as the comic relief too.

Pretty solid all round.

I thought that too, but then again, you wouldn't want a 6ft 5''+ giant in your advert. You'd go for people that are of similar height, probably the reason you don't see Nzonzi and Junior in the advert.

Or they refused to do it.

• Backroom

Looking around the net, people have noticed it, think it's funny AND mainly say the chicken looks good.

Venkys xprs may be closer than we think!

Archived