BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

Here ya go another link to the Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/football/Rangers-refuse-to-give-up.6810387.jp

Thompson was last night in talks with Goodwillie, who has indicated a desire to head south, and his agent is confident of resolving the issues to seal the transfer. Rangers hoped to capitalise on the snag but the United chairman rejected the Ibrox side's latest bid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, coming from the dizzy heights of Dundee Utd he will be asking for £90k a week. You're right.

i think he wants to go to rangers so he has asked for stupid wages so that the move to us falls through and then dundee utd may be forced to accept rangers offer and he will go there for about 20k a week. Rangers fan by all accounts.

i think he wants to go to rangers so he has asked for stupid wages so that the move to us falls through and then dundee utd may be forced to accept rangers offer and he will go there for about 20k a week. Rangers fan by all accounts.

If that's the case why go through the charade of coming here for a medical and discussing terms? He could have just stuck to his guns at Dundee, as it seems Dundee have to sell as they need the cash. It's also very risky as there's no way of him or his agent knowing how crazy Venky's are. They could have asked for £40k a week and it could have been accepted. Then he's stuck at a club he doesn't want to be at. Let's face it we paid £90k a week for Roque which is public knowledge. It would be a risky strategy, I just can't see it.

Or Gunning was part of the deal. :o

Not anymore

"Knill said: "He tweaked his thigh and funnily enough we found out this morning that Blackburn are signing David Goodwillie from Dundee United and Gavin was in the deal, so he was supposed to go there."

"Gav has decided he doesn't want to go.

"We'll have to wait and see. We'll assess how bad his injury is."

If that's the case why go through the charade of coming here for a medical and discussing terms? He could have just stuck to his guns at Dundee, as it seems Dundee have to sell as they need the cash. It's also very risky as there's no way of him or his agent knowing how crazy Venky's are. They could have asked for £40k a week and it could have been accepted. Then he's stuck at a club he doesn't want to be at. Let's face it we paid £90k a week for Roque which is public knowledge. It would be a risky strategy, I just can't see it.

did he actually come down for a medical though and you can discuss terms on the phone, also did'nt kean say yesterday that no bids had been accepted yet so its possible we have'nt even spoken to Goddwillie yet. either way i'm 99per cent sure he will end up at rangers.

Just read on the Scunny site that Gunning was part of the deal and didn't want to go. If that's the case I can't see how that makes the deal "dead". Something like that isn't the be all and end all to a deal you wouldn't think. But who knows...

Amazed that Gunning wouldn't rather play in the SPL than Scunny too! :blink:

That @Roversinsider character reckons the problem is that while he fancied coming to us, Rangers have been lowballing for him confident that he wants to join them after he said he would at the start of the window, and took the hump when he showed an interest in us, so now he's sticking to his word and going there.

Shame, but if that's the true story it's sort of heartening to see a player with some kind of honour.

If you are the Chairman of Dundee United, this is going perfectly. He knows Rangers have a transfer pot and clearly won't sell to them unless they match Rovers' bid at which point over to Rovers to up our offer....

Kelbo's point about knowing how to get the player and his agent sorted is probably key to where we find ourselves at the moment.

Nicko tweet an hour ago.

@BlackburnWebber Rovers bid is biggest. Still to do personal terms. Surely u can find more dough than Rangers. #richestleagueinworld?

Has Nicko dumped BRFCS to become Twitter celeb?

I'm not sure what to believe any more. What I do know is we are in a bad position where we are unable to bring in a young lad from Dundee United. WHATEVER the reason!

I'm not sure what to believe any more. What I do know is we are in a bad position where we are unable to bring in a young lad from Dundee United. WHATEVER the reason!

That's how I felt when I read the reports of the deal being dead last night.

Simply, what the hell is going on?

From BBC Sports Journalist, Laim McLeod:

liammcleod79 Liam McLeod

#DundeeUnited give #Blackburn permission to speak to David Goodwillie. Major breakthrough in this summer transfer saga.

9 minutes ago

Liam McLeod

liammcleod79 Liam McLeod

There are doubts about David Goodwillie's inclusion in #DundeeUnited squad for game v #Hearts today - #Blackburn deal possibly back on

Probably not. But, I did say last night that the deal wasn't dead. The problem is the media get their teeth into this sort of story and blow it out of all proportions, I expect this transfer to go through on Tuesday or Wednesday, and if it does, that's not really a long transfer saga is it? We only bid for him on Thursday, so taking less than a week to sign a player seems pretty normal to me.

bbcjimspence jim spence

Blackburn deal for David Goodwillie could be back on after midnight talks with agent and Utd chairman.

Could this get any more like a soap opera!

Well last night Jim Spence did say the deal was "dead". Dramatic words, and an even more dramatic turnaround.

Probably not. But, I did say last night that the deal wasn't dead. The problem is the media get their teeth into this sort of story and blow it out of all proportions, I expect this transfer to go through on Tuesday or Wednesday, and if it does, that's not really a long transfer saga is it? We only bid for him on Thursday, so taking less than a week to sign a player seems pretty normal to me.

You're the only person who has been right in this saga Ben. Well played to you and whoever your source of info is.

Also...

liammcleod79 Liam McLeod

To be clear, this is the 1st time United have given permission to anyone to speak to Goodwillie,after midnight talks with agent and chairman

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

It appears Rovers are still favourites to sign Goodwillie. But who knows in this crazy summer

bbcjimspence jim spence

Blackburn deal for David Goodwillie could be back on after midnight talks with agent and Utd chairman.

Could this get any more like a soap opera!

Whats happened that is unusal, we only bid 2 days ago?

Thankfully we don't have Roy Hodgson and John Williams saying you want 2.8 million, well here is 5.4 million and 40k a week and a 4 year contract.

We all remember Dailly right.

Archived