BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

You are totally misreading what I am posting:

- the post you quoted is positive; it is good to see a completely untested team have a bit of a scrap in one transfer they should win in and get the experience. Is anybody but anybody suggesting Ali Merchant, Steve Kean et al are anything but inexperienced in transfer dealings? I am not complaining Goodwillie is not wanted by other PL clubs, just saying it is our good fortune that he isn't which should give the people doing their first UK transfer an easy win to give them confidence.

- Park I have simply asked whether he is coming out of the Balaji marquee pot. There are probably 20 posters who might have some reliable information on this contrary to the everybody knows nothing brigade. Others have suggested he is not good enough.

- Honda. I am not saying "we shouldn't be looking at him because we dont have the cash". I am saying roversinsider's version of events ties in with what I had heard.

- I don't hate Venky's but I do hate the totally incompetent and reckless way they have handled their ownership of our club. A bunch of dingles would have been hard pressed to mess up the Rovers worse.

I think the issue I have is that Venky's deserve a serious amount of criticism, no doubt, for the way in which they have been running the show. The point is that when there are some moderately positive news stories around, you seem determined to rubbish them or highlight any form of negative angle. However you seem to take all of the bad press written about Rovers at face value without questioning the credibility of the accusations at all.

In regards Goodwillie, its good to have such prospects in the squad, just hope that we can also get an established goalscorer in as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JOHN LEIGH, on 30 July 2011 - 23:48 PM, said:

Agreed the SPL is poor, but also must acknowledge that whenever we play Celtic or Rangers we always lose...

We're actually not quite as good as we like to think we are

Mattyblue, on 31 July 2011 - 00:11 AM, said:

Eh? We lost to a very good Celtic side, nearly 10 years ago.

That's my point - we lost to Celtic (I was there at Parkhead & at Ewood) and we also lost to Rangers (I was there in Sydney)

They are both as good, if not better than us. If a player is being tracked by either of these two teams then there's a good chance that he will be on our radar as well.

So even though the SPL is poor there's still two teams in there that can beat us & if they think a player is good enough to sign then he's probably good enough to sign for us.

The deal has hit another "snag" according to the BBC. No mention of the cause but could it just be the usual one....... ?

..... Venky's don't wish to spend the little money they do have.

The deal has hit another "snag" according to the BBC. No mention of the cause but could it just be the usual one....... ?

..... Venky's don't wish to spend the little money they do have.

I seriously doubt that's it, otherwise the Petrovic deal wouldn't have gone through.

Cracking point. Not saying he's not going to be a good player, but the only positive I can see at this moment in time is that we are making £4m profit in this particular exchange.

I'd say the standards of the two leagues are probably the same and Niko came having a better record and look how that turned out. So I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

One thing you forget: Kalinic is a player who was used to get a lot of through balls, typical 'in the box' type of striker, who doesn't creates much himself by agility, pace or technique. And I think that's what Goodwillie has.

One thing you forget: Kalinic is a player who was used to get a lot of through balls, typical 'in the box' type of striker, who doesn't creates much himself by agility, pace or technique. And I think that's what Goodwillie has.

Different strikers, different styles. They are all there to do one thing-score or create goals. Niko had a better record coming to us than Goodwillie does that is all I was saying.

That being said I think this guy will do alright for us.

Kalinic has good technique as well.

How can people say Celtic and Rangers are good sides the players they sign are either from the championship or have failed in the premier league. You only need to look at Boyd's record in the SPL compared to that in the championship an see how poor that league is. But Goodwillie looks asif he has raw talent and is scoring goals in a very poor side and is worth the gamble.

Another point to be made is that kalinic was foreign, he had no grasp of English there for adjusting and settling is 10 times harder. Goodwillie will have no problems adjusting if it goes through. However I do maintain my belief that rochina will be our top goal scorer next season

I thought it's done, just pending on the work permit.

Unless the work permit comes with a price, I doubt the difficulties in tying up deals have anything to do with Venkys's supposed lack of money.

Scotland is not independent yet. :D

Another point to be made is that kalinic was foreign, he had no grasp of English there for adjusting and settling is 10 times harder. Goodwillie will have no problems adjusting if it goes through. However I do maintain my belief that rochina will be our top goal scorer next season

Everytime I've seen Rochina he looks dangerous I agree he could be a real force for us this season.

I thought it's done, just pending on the work permit.

Unless the work permit comes with a price, I doubt the difficulties in tying up deals have anything to do with Venkys's supposed lack of money.

:wstu: Ha ha!

Post of the week so far....

Archived