BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

Only if the other offers are accepted. Remember a club can bid till the cows come home but the players club. A) Have to accept the bid and B) give him permission to speak to them. So I wouldn't read anything in to it if I were you

Edit. Why has a smiley appeared in my post? I didn't put it there and can't see it when I try to edit?

If you put B and ) together you'll get an emoticon -> B)

That's why you have a smiley. It was actually your point B with the ) next to it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's what happens when you bid 1.8million when another team bids 2million+addons

If Rangers improved offer was £1.8M thier first offer must have been pretty lousy. Are Rangers really that skint?

Hopefully we can get this lad signed up - seems a good deal for the money.

Have you watched him up there awol? If so, what do you think?

If Rangers improved offer was £1.8M thier first offer must have been pretty lousy. Are Rangers really that skint?

Hopefully we can get this lad signed up - seems a good deal for the money.

Have you watched him up there awol? If so, what do you think?

Apparently Rangers have some money this year but for some reason not making signings (sound familiar? :wacko: )

Anyway, since forever Rangers (and Celtic) have 'bullied' smaller clubs in Scotland into accepting lower fees for players because they all want to play for the Old Firm. Might not work in this case since there have been higher bids and reportedly Goodwillie wants to make the move to England.

I have a full break down of the contract.

Its 2 million upfront.

And £800,000 if he scores over 30 goals three seasons in a row.

It can be done Shearer did it and he only cost 500k more.

No excuses.

I have a full break down of the contract.

Its 2 million upfront.

And £800,000 if he scores over 30 goals three seasons in a row.

It can be done Shearer did it and he only cost 500k more.

No excuses.

What about the sell on clause?

30 goals per seaon for three consecutive seasons? If true, that is a brilliant deal for Rovers as thats a staggering amount of goals for such a small add on fee.

If he hits 20 goals per season i will be delirious.

Dundee United fan in peace here.

I saw someone in the thread comparing Goodwillie to Blackman - rest assured Goodie is a far far better player!

I have had a soft spot for Blackburn since the Shearer and Sutton days, then you went and signed Billy McKinlay so I followed you lot some more.

We can only compare him comparitivly with players like Steven Fletcher who left the SPL and played for Wolves/Burnley in the EPL - Goodie is better!

He's not a nutter like Joey Barton, but he comes from the same estate as another former United player, Duncan Ferguson, so make of that what you will.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hit double figures for you guys - he might not be first choice straight away, and he's no Podolski, but Man Utd and Arsenal didn't send scouts last week for no reason!

Surprised you didn't mention Dundee Utd old boy Kevin Gallacher! Gally was absolutely awesome for us, so many great memories of brilliant goals against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal.

Ooh ah gallacher say ooh ah gallacher!

Anyway, I'll be delighted when Rovers confirm the signing, hope it's the first a few

It seems he's going to be a Rovers player, so I hope he does well. I have no idea about what sort of forward he is etc., or if he can make the step up, but he was pretty much the only SPL player that caught the eye of other clubs last season (the only other one I can think of is that left back at Celtic). Unlike the professional whingers, I'll judge him on what he does for us, not which league he comes from.

He's a decent bit of business for 2 million. I hope hes not the only striker coming into the club because we can not expect 15+ goals from him in a season at only 22 and considering the massive step up in competition to the Premier league from the SPL. He will need time but its encouraging that hes so highly rated in Scotland.

Dear David,

I don't want to put any extra pressure on your shoulders, but I have the feeling you are going to do a brilliant job for us. Not sure why, because the only few things I've seen are some random bicycle kick-goals on the Tube, but I just have the feeling you are going to net us 15 goals and give us an unexpected 9th place finish this season. Welcome to the Blackburn Rovers Chicken eating Football Club. My faith is restoring bit by bit, at least we're getting some depth in our squad.

Archived