BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

Only half decent in Scotland doesn't flatter him though Kelbo :D

200k when we've just got several players off the wage bill and £6m for Kalinic?

At the end of the day though why are we bidding £1.8m when it's common knowledge they want £2m?

I think it's called negotiating.

Business people do it quite often

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's called negotiating.

No it isn't, it's bidding £1.8m that's been rejected.

Negotiating is when you get in touch with someone and discuss it until a mutually beneficial conclusion is met.

Well done Bucky, I feel well and truly humbled at your nouse in the big wide world. You go run along and give your brain a rest now before you do yourself a mischief. We wouldn't want you having an aneurism.

Put it this way, a lot of people were saying we should go for DJ Campbell at 1.5million earlier in the summer. I'd much rather take this guy for 2million and yes, hopefully he would be 3rd/4th choice but we need to get some players in. He's potentially got the famous 'resale' value too.

Anyway, he's a good age, good price, goodwillie. :tu:

Remember if he signs he is playing with much better players here than in Dundee. Yes he is also going to play against better players but he can flourish if he is given the right training and opportunities.

Yes they have Dundee have confirmed they rejected a bid from us on thursday

Fair enough, But Rovers and his agent have denied it and the unnamed club that everyone was scrathcing their head over is in fact Middlesbrough,

these are the clubs who have made a formal interest and the player wants to come to England

Rangers, Celtic, Blackpool, Middlesbrough

According to Cryer on Twitter Rovers haven't confirmed it but he's been in touch with Dundee and they've confirmed the Rovers interest.

I assume that means that Rovers haven't denied it. Where have you seen that they've denied it Glen?

According to Cryer on Twitter Rovers haven't confirmed it but he's been in touch with Dundee and they've confirmed the Rovers interest.

I assume that means that Rovers haven't denied it. Where have you seen that they've denied it Glen?

I asked my source at Ewood and also the players agent

Don't no why some people are moaning about us being linked with him, not much of a gamble and a week ago the best we could hope for was Benjani and Pavone. Suddenly were linked with players like podolski and a player like this isn't good enough anymore.

Glenn do you think its possible that Rovers and the agent could just be denying this not to alert other clubs especially after losing out on Marica, but Dundee confirming to start an auction?

Cheers Glen.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_7067349,00.html

It's not been updated to the latest online but on telly they are reporting we've made an improved offer.

There's a certain difference between "Yes they have Dundee have confirmed they rejected a bid from us on thursday"

and

"Sky Sports News sources understand Dundee United have turned down an offer from Blackburn for star striker David Goodwillie. "

We offered £1.8m, they wanted £2m and we settled at £2.8m?

£2m up front with £800k in add ons. You know, score x amount of goals etc. Can't blame Dundee for asking for this, and if he hits the landmarks he'll be worth the extra 800k.

£2m up front with £800k in add ons. You know, score x amount of goals etc. Can't blame Dundee for asking for this, and if he hits the landmarks he'll be worth the extra 800k.

Where did you hear this news Ben?

Where did you hear this news Ben?

I don't have sources close to Ewood, but the person who told me also told me about Podolski, 2 days before he was ever mentioned on any other forum/twitter. So I will believe him until he is proven wrong.

I don't have sources close to Ewood, but the person who told me also told me about Podolski, 2 days before he was ever mentioned on any other forum/twitter. So I will believe him until he is proven wrong.

Cheers.

Archived