BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

He's certainly better than what we've got at present so I suppose there's nowt to be lost by having a punt on him @ £2 million but there's a litany of Scottish forwards over the years who've not hacked it in the old Division One [e.g. Ally McCoist] or Premier League.

I'd hate it if his off-field behaviour became another stick for the media to beat us with, though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess he is a direct replacement for Kalinic and Kean probably see's him as a bit of a squad player, just guessing, I'd be amazed if this was the main striker target.

don't think he going to get keepers flapping in the Premier League like it obviously happens in a very poor Scottish league.

don't think he going to get keepers flapping in the Premier League like it obviously happens in a very poor Scottish league.

Have you seen Gomes?

Anyway, looks a bargain buy, and someone we could easily recoup the money for if it doesn't work out.

great goals in scottish football is more about p*ss poor goalkeepers and defenders. This lad might be a good replacement for...blackman but where does that leave our replacement for kalanic as well as buying our 'prolific' goalscorer. Goodwillie? goodnight.

In the lads defence it actaully takes very little to be arrested and bailed on a rape charge, a lad I know was arrested for it and bailed for a few months when there was never any chance he had committed the act. The police only have to have doubt that you may have done it, in this lads case he was at the same party as said young woman, who was getting friendly with a number of lads, her fella found out and she cried rape.

The lad I know hadnt even been near her, but the fact he was at the party meant there was a chance he could have done it, hence the police arresting him and charging him awaiting further evidence. Im not saying this hashappened to goodwillie but it could well be someone accused him with very little substance behing the claims.

Happened to a friend of mine in Uni too. He slept with the girl, but it was consensual. She cried rape a few days later when people found out that she'd slept with him. I won't go into detail, but needless to say the charges were dropped (but not after a long, torturous process for my friend that turned him into a pariah). Oh and nothing was done to the girl for filing false charges.

Another cheap and nasty. Having worked their way through the A - D lists, Venky's seem to be having more success with the E-list.

great goals in scottish football is more about p*ss poor goalkeepers and defenders. This lad might be a good replacement for...blackman but where does that leave our replacement for kalanic as well as buying our 'prolific' goalscorer. Goodwillie? goodnight.

Why are both of you so hard on Venkys for trying to sign Goodwillie?

About 4 of our strikers have already left or are leaving. Mame Diouf, Roque Santa Cruz, Benjani and now Niko Kalinic.

It makes more sense to get as many strikers as possible because it's unrealistic to just bid for 4 "marquee" strikers. We have heard Rovers asking around for the likes of Raul, Podolski, etc. Should that not be enough for your top-rate profilic strikers? Goodwillie seems decent, especially if he's brought in as one of four strikers (I'm not saying we'll actually buy four strikers, but I'm sure we will make an effort to replace all of them) we might be signing this season.

Think of him more of bolstering our squad with numbers in case of injuries instead of thinking Venkys are just going to buy solely him and rely on him for all the goals next season. It's not as if we can sign four players of Raul's caliber, so decent, cheap players should be welcomed as well. No need to be so vicious about our interest in them.

black burn your right he would be a good squad player but nothing more and anyone thinks goodwillie and a top striker would suffice is wrong. Godwillie, a top striker and a first team striker would be more appropiate.

black burn your right he would be a good squad player but nothing more and anyone thinks goodwillie and a top striker would suffice is wrong. Godwillie, a top striker and a first team striker would be more appropiate.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think he's the only striker we will be signing, nor the best we're going after.

I havent seen the lad play and when asking a Scttish pro about him he says he's half decent in Scottish Football, he did say though, there is a world of difference between the two leagues (Prem and Scottish)) as opposed to a few years ago, did add he could be a risk worth taking!

I havent seen the lad play and when asking a Scttish pro about him he says he's half decent in Scottish Football, he did say though, there is a world of difference between the two leagues (Prem and Scottish)) as opposed to a few years ago, did add he could be a risk worth taking!

Bit unfair to label him "half decent in Scottish football" he was the young Scottish player of the year and scored a hatful of goals (19 goals in 42 games) including some crackers. I've seen quite a lot of posts saying he's the best striker in the SPL. I'm not saying that will equate to being half decent in the PL, but saying he's half decent in the Scots game is a bit harsh.

Bit unfair to label him "half decent in Scottish football" he was the young Scottish player of the year and scored a hatful of goals (19 goals in 42 games) including some crackers. I've seen quite a lot of posts saying he's the best striker in the SPL. I'm not saying that will equate to being half decent in the PL, but I'd say saying he's half decent in the Scots game as being a bit harsh.

Half decent is a term used by footballers to says he's a good player!!

Half decent is a term used by footballers to says he's a good player!!

Only half decent in Scotland doesn't flatter him though Kelbo :D

Cause 200k is still a lot of money. Also you don't know the payment terms Dundee want

200k when we've just got several players off the wage bill and £6m for Kalinic?

At the end of the day though why are we bidding £1.8m when it's common knowledge they want £2m?

Archived