BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Jerome Anderson :D

Ha ha, i thought he had exited stage left?

What type of player is Goodwillie? Quick, strong, skillful?

Or none of the above, ha ha

P.s. It does sound like he is a bit of a nutjob. His current manager kept him under house arrest and a certain charge has just been dropped against him

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

At the moment his agent is unsure, Rovers are in bed in Hong Kong and my deadline has gone. Probably true but will know for sure tmrw

So his agent is unsure? Sounds fishy to me. Trying to keep it under wraps.

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

At the moment his agent is unsure, Rovers are in bed in Hong Kong and my deadline has gone. Probably true but will know for sure tmrw

So his agent is unsure? Sounds fishy to me. Trying to keep it under wraps.

As much credit as Cryer has been getting recently, he is never prepared to say one way or another unless he has spoken to the club. 99% of people on this board could pick up a phone and ask the club if they worked for the LET, but other people out there trying to offer us info do not have this channel available and stick their head on the block more often than not.

• Backroom

I don't know much about him (no surprise there) but a few neutrals I spoke to said he would be a great signing.

Glen - What are your sources mate? Seen you come on a few threads to confirm or deny things but I haven't seen what qualifies you to? Not having a pop just wondering if you work at the club etc?

I find it more odd that his agent says until he hears it from the club, he is denying we have made a bid. Yet it was the club (Dundee) who told Sky we have made the 2 bids.

Isn't that the proper way around? The club accepts a bid and then the agent gets involved.

The agent is saying he needs to hear from the club, not Sky Sports.

We offered £1.8m, they wanted £2m and we settled at £2.8m?

We've really driven the price up for whoever does sign him.

Dundee United fan in peace here.

I saw someone in the thread comparing Goodwillie to Blackman - rest assured Goodie is a far far better player!

I have had a soft spot for Blackburn since the Shearer and Sutton days, then you went and signed Billy McKinlay so I followed you lot some more.

We can only compare him comparitivly with players like Steven Fletcher who left the SPL and played for Wolves/Burnley in the EPL - Goodie is better!

He's not a nutter like Joey Barton, but he comes from the same estate as another former United player, Duncan Ferguson, so make of that what you will.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hit double figures for you guys - he might not be first choice straight away, and he's no Podolski, but Man Utd and Arsenal didn't send scouts last week for no reason!

I don't know much about him (no surprise there) but a few neutrals I spoke to said he would be a great signing.

Glen - What are your sources mate? Seen you come on a few threads to confirm or deny things but I haven't seen what qualifies you to? Not having a pop just wondering if you work at the club etc?

Source club, I dnt work for Brfc, but have strong business links/Friendships

Dundee United fan in peace here.

I saw someone in the thread comparing Goodwillie to Blackman - rest assured Goodie is a far far better player!

I have had a soft spot for Blackburn since the Shearer and Sutton days, then you went and signed Billy McKinlay so I followed you lot some more.

We can only compare him comparitivly with players like Steven Fletcher who left the SPL and played for Wolves/Burnley in the EPL - Goodie is better!

He's not a nutter like Joey Barton, but he comes from the same estate as another former United player, Duncan Ferguson, so make of that what you will.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hit double figures for you guys - he might not be first choice straight away, and he's no Podolski, but Man Utd and Arsenal didn't send scouts last week for no reason!

yeah Billy Mckinlay was awesome chopping in the centre of the park when we were top in 1997.

this all seems very strange according to sky snd the bbc we are the club to have bid for him and yet he's agent says we have'nt. i'm not bothered if he signs or not to be honest but i reckon he will be a rovers player by monday, just a hunch.

Many supporters from North of the border posting on other MB's, seem to rate the lad very highly, so much so that a number hope to have a new English team to support.

Who needs a marquee. :rolleyes:

this all seems very strange according to sky snd the bbc we are the club to have bid for him and yet he's agent says we have'nt. i'm not bothered if he signs or not to be honest but i reckon he will be a rovers player by monday, just a hunch.

"Pathetic if this is the crap on keans list then its gonna be a long season." but your not bothered either way. :wacko:

I am confused. The guy claiming to be Goodwillie's agent on Twitter is from Elite Sports Management, yet Goodwillie's agent is Mark Donaghy from Arena Sports Management (as far am aware) can anyone expalain this or tell me I am wrong about GW's agent?

I'm feeling a little indifferent about this deal as I know little about him. However, to me it seems like a no-lose deal. As mentioned, £2.8m (of which 0.8m is made up of addons if successful) doesn't even buy you a championship player these days. He's young enough to get better and even if he flops here the Scottish teams will take him back as he's already shown he can cut it there.

I'm feeling a little indifferent about this deal as I know little about him. However, to me it seems like a no-lose deal. As mentioned, £2.8m (of which 0.8m is made up of addons if successful) doesn't even buy you a championship player these days. He's young enough to get better and even if he flops here the Scottish teams will take him back as he's already shown he can cut it there.

It's not a no lose deal if we have to rely on a 22 yr old lad to score the goals for us. If he aint going to do that, then shouldn't we be putting this £3m [ or close to it] towards someone with the experience and known pedigree that's needed in the top league in English football? I wouldn't have a problem signing this lad, if we had already brought in better quality strikers. That's the crux of the matter. I'd hate to spend this money on a 22yr old, then be left in a position where we can't raise the money for a striker with more experience and a better pedigree.

No his agent is saying he doesn't know yet, and he will find out tomorrow.

Also the BBC team have cocked up a tad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/default.stm

Rovers headline on Blackpool's page fail.

Archived