BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

There's a certain difference between "Yes they have Dundee have confirmed they rejected a bid from us on thursday"

and

"Sky Sports News sources understand Dundee United have turned down an offer from Blackburn for star striker David Goodwillie. "

Don't shoot the messenger I didn't say that, was just providing the only report online at that present moment.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen much of him myself but he is highly rated. I would be happy with this signing as long as we bring in a more established strikewr as well as thats exactly what we should be doing. A good replacement for Kalinic I suppose, and that is a pretty low base to start from though.

Don't shoot the messenger I didn't say that, was just providing the only report online at that present moment.

No worries, but leaving the "Sky understands .. " -part off totally changes the nature of the sentence.

We offered £1.8m, they wanted £2m and we settled at £2.8m?

Clever negotiating from our team if true. Never mind bidding the £2M they wanted, but bid £2M + appearances/goals addons + sell-on clause.

Clever negotiating from our team if true. Never mind bidding the £2M they wanted, but bid £2M + appearances/goals addons + sell-on clause.

He had TEN clubs chasing him, £2 million plus add ons of 800K is not that much is it?

He had TEN clubs chasing him, £2 million plus add ons of 800K is not that much is it?

Not at all. And they said they would only listen to offers of £2m, not accept them. But like usual, our fans are a negative bunch who find the bad points to everything we do. £2.8m is nothing in the current market.

Good business if it comes off I think.

As a squad player, with the potential to progress to being a good PL player it's almost a like for like swap with Kalinic but with us getting an extra £4m.

I've never seen the guy play, so I don't know if he's worth a quid or £10M, but our strategy seems to be a bit off if the rumoured chain of events is to be believed. Why not bid the £2M Dundee Utd had told he's for sale for?

"The chairman is asking for £2m and we don't think it is an awful lot of money compared to some strikers who have moved in England.

"Goodwillie is good enough to be a £2m player."

On Wednesday the Tannadice club rejected a bid of £1.6m for the striker but Houston insists the club will not stand in Goodwillie's way if their valuation is met.

"Let me tell you, David will be right out that door as soon as a club pays the right money.

"I admire the chairman for holding on with some of the offers that some clubs have put in because they are ridiculously low."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14344125.stm

BBC are now reporting the story. Not sure why it says "last updated at 19.01" as this article only went up 3 minutes ago.

Sounds like you have a very good contact Ben - nice work!

Lets hope the deal goes through, he looks like he got some real potential.

Not at all. And they said they would only listen to offers of £2m, not accept them. But like usual, our fans are a negative bunch who find the bad points to everything we do. £2.8m is nothing in the current market.

Ok I hold my hands up, this one was under the Radar of me Rovers and his agent, we were last to know, go damn it, best ask his agent to go and find his player and ask him why he negoatiated this without him

http://twitter.com/#!/EliteSportsM

Ok I hold my hands up, this one was under the Radar of me Rovers and his agent, we were last to know, go damn it, best ask his agent to go and find his player and ask him why he negoatiated this without him

http://twitter.com/#!/EliteSportsM

Because agents and clubs never lie, right?

According to the gospel of Glen, unless he confirms it, a story can not be true.

Because agents and clubs never lie, right?

According to the gospel of Glen, unless he confirms it, a story can not be true.

@EliteSportsM I was told Rovers had a £2.8m accepted, which is also reported here http://t.co/sc5OqTo are you denying this?

@roversfanben At this moment in time I am. Until I hear something from the club to say differently

@JulesFlete Like I said to the rovers fan until the club say different the clubs with bids accepted I mentioned.

@EliteSportsM I was told Rovers had a £2.8m accepted, which is also reported here http://t.co/sc5OqTo are you denying this?

@roversfanben At this moment in time I am. Until I hear something from the club to say differently

@JulesFlete Like I said to the rovers fan until the club say different the clubs with bids accepted I mentioned.

Still standing by what I was told. As I said, agents aren't the most honest people in the world.

From a DU fan posting on RoversMad:

"Quite simply Goodie is a class act. United fans are gutted to lose him, but we all accept he needs to move on and upwards, we need a bit of cash and he leaves a cup winning legend.

Can score any sort of goal, from a 35 yard lob in the cup final to overhead kicks, to tap ins, headers the lot. And he'll throw himself in where it hurts - fearless.

He used to play too much with his head down but now plays looking around, is a real team player and will create chances for himself and others, out of absolutely nothing.

He is also a total pest and defenders hate him.

Great player, been in and around the united first team for more than 6 years and he is only 22.

United fans also delighted he looks to be going to Blackburn - perfect club for him, he is too good for the championship and he could make both our clubs more money in future transfers. And thank F*** he isn't going to Rangers.

Good luck to Goodie and I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for Rovers results this season if the deal is completed."

A total pest to defenders, I like it. Dickov ??? :D

What I find odd is that he's saying that Rangers, Celtic, Middlesbrough and Blackpool have all had bids accepted and Rovers haven't.

Perhaps we offered £2.8m in chicken.

I find it more odd that his agent says until he hears it from the club, he is denying we have made a bid. Yet it was the club (Dundee) who told Sky we have made the 2 bids.

We have had a £2.8m offer accepted by Dundee. Now the player is set to discuss personal terms.

With apologies for picking on one particular post, when so many others are doing the same:

Goodwillie plays for Dundee Utd, not Dundee- they are two entirely different teams (whose grounds are separated by just 170 yards). Probably sounds pedantic, but it's a bit of a bug-bear for those of us living north of the border.

Back on topic, I hope we do land him, although as other people have pointed out I think we really need a proven top-level striker for him to play along side, so that he has time to adjust to the premiership and grow into his role

Archived