BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why we not make any protest in Ewood park?

• Backroom

Villa appointed McCleish still.

Last time there was a protest it ended up being mainly a few chavvy scrotes disrespecting our greatest fan ever by climbing on his statue and slapping his head.

I don't get this, people are angry, people are upset so (Please don't use that word again) Venkys and protest. With the greatest of respect, I just feel the fans are too nice. While the squad needs our support, its clear that any negative publicity will destroy Venkys. The carling cup on wednesday is an ideal opportunity, and I hope the people stay away from the game. The league is important, but please guys, do something a bit more, in order to force Venkys into taking action

If results do not improve the time to make a protest is against Arsenal at Ewood 17th September when Sky are covering the game live to a World Wide Audience.

By then the transfer window will be shut two weeks so there will be no excuses.

Instead of leaving 15min before the end of the game the Riverside should leave 15min after the game kicks off and the rest of the stands follow suit.

If results do not improve the time to make a protest is against Arsenal at Ewood 17th September when Sky are covering the game live to a World Wide Audience.

By then the transfer window will be shut two weeks so there will be no excuses.

Instead of leaving 15min before the end of the game the Riverside should leave 15min after the game kicks off and the rest of the stands follow suit.

Why wait until a match day. There must be enough local supporters to go down to ewood after work - imforming the press before hand - to have a protest. In think the LT would be happy to publish such an event. Venkys need to get bad publicity from Rovers supporters.

Why wait until a match day. There must be enough local supporters to go down to ewood after work - imforming the press before hand - to have a protest. In think the LT would be happy to publish such an event. Venkys need to get bad publicity from Rovers supporters.

Firstly not all supporters live / work in Blackburn.

Secondly its national coverage thats required not the local paper who only appear to publish what the club wants broadcast.

Firstly not all supporters live / work in Blackburn.

Secondly its national coverage thats required not the local paper who only appear to publish what the club wants broadcast.

Correct. but it is a start. Enough people protesting would eventually grab nay=tional media interest. But as there is still time to turn the season around, protesting at the next home match may well be the best option.

we maybe need make here in messageboard some kind of poll, and then we can see how many really want to join to that protest in ewood park. maybe that help to us sack mr Kean or not but something have to do,anyway.

we maybe need make here in messageboard some kind of poll, and then we can see how many really want to join to that protest in ewood park. maybe that help to us sack mr Kean or not but something have to do,anyway.

lol.

There's a real poll fetish on this forum.

As I posted in the Steve Kean thread...

I really think that NOW is the time for the fans to stand up and make it loud and clear that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Fully agree with the rationale of those who argue that any protest should have a clear objective. Obviously that objective is KEAN OUT - and I think it's something that has to be conveyed regardless of whether we think Venky's will take heed or not.

Our beloved club is headed right down the pan - for us to stand idly by in the face of this looks extremely passive... at best. We are a proud club and supporters and, surely, we can't take this systematic destruction of 136 years of history lying down. What will be will be regarding Venky's decision to keep or sack Kean... but as fans I think it's our duty to make our voices heard en masse.

After the Everton game?

I'm at the place where I'd like to see a change too. However, we should give him until the transfer window is closed. TBH, he simply doesn't have much on the field to work with. At this point we don't know why deals aren't getting done for new players. He has been vocal towards Venkys about spending more so apparently there has been some miscommunication somewhere. In order for Kean to win, he needs to field a good team and at this point we don't have that. Not sure if he's to blame or Venkys.

Got back last night from a few days work in the South of France. No access to this MB.

Fully expected to return home to hear that Son of Chicken had been sacked, or that fans demonstrations over the Chicken People had been planned.

What has happened, nowt apart from a few saying boycott games - that will achieve nothing. This is our club, let's us not be fellow chickens and walk away.

We need to pluck up our courage and call foul on these bantams. DEMONSTRATE and don't just cluck away in the corner!

I will say it again and again. There should have been protests after the Blackpool game.

I'd agree with this and would happily protest if something effective is planned - which means while the team is on the pitch, preferably with the match being broadcast live. Will it happen? I doubt it. The problem is simple, football fans are herd animals and the natural instinct is for all to react in a similar fashion. I'm not insulting fans here, it's a just very observable reaction to many football situations. The difficulty with the herd reaction is when someone cries wolf it's not heard until its too late - this is what has/will happen as regards a demonstration and multiple other instances. It's probaly too late now.

When Venky's took over, everything was wonderful we'd sell a million shirts in India, the Raos would sell more chicken, we could build new car parks with spaces at £25 a time, Beckham et al would arrive, the list is endless and the pot of money was so deep as to be unimaginable. Queue mass support for the Raos. None of it was evr true or believed by some.

Now people recognise truth behind the situation; we have foreign owners which is the downfall of English football, owners with no money, no management structure, no sponsor, no signinngs etc and suddenly 85% want the manager out. Every date by which "we should judge the Raos/Kean" goes out the window and there are demands for immediate change.

The reactions are so extreme that any possibility of organising a meaningful protest at the right time has gone. Posters who advocated protest when it was needed where shot down by others saying the protesters would be damaging the team and club, were not real fans etc. Now those who said those things are calling for protest.

All too little, too late. I'd protest but nothing will happen. The club is too far gone for this season already.A bit more independent thought is needed.

I'd agree with this and would happily protest if something effective is planned - which means while the team is on the pitch, preferably with the match being broadcast live. Will it happen? I doubt it. The problem is simple, football fans are herd animals and the natural instinct is for all to react in a similar fashion. I'm not insulting fans here, it's a just very observable reaction to many football situations. The difficulty with the herd reaction is when someone cries wolf it's not heard until its too late - this is what has/will happen as regards a demonstration and multiple other instances. It's probaly too late now.

When Venky's took over, everything was wonderful we'd sell a million shirts in India, the Raos would sell more chicken, we could build new car parks with spaces at £25 a time, Beckham et al would arrive, the list is endless and the pot of money was so deep as to be unimaginable. Queue mass support for the Raos. None of it was evr true or believed by some.

Now people recognise truth behind the situation; we have foreign owners which is the downfall of English football, owners with no money, no management structure, no sponsor, no signinngs etc and suddenly 85% want the manager out. Every date by which "we should judge the Raos/Kean" goes out the window and there are demands for immediate change.

The reactions are so extreme that any possibility of organising a meaningful protest at the right time has gone. Posters who advocated protest when it was needed where shot down by others saying the protesters would be damaging the team and club, were not real fans etc. Now those who said those things are calling for protest.

All too little, too late. I'd protest but nothing will happen. The club is too far gone for this season already.A bit more independent thought is needed.

I agree with what you have written, but surely better late than never?

There is still time to turn things around at Rovers, but TV must be there so it gets through to India. The league cup doesn't matter to us in the grand scale of things and really only the die hards will be there, but also the BBC etc, Kean out, Venky's out chants all game will make headlines here and hopefully these will transfer to India as surely they read our press reports.

Why we cant do that same ???

because we are family club and no one want to make protest?

we moaning only in messagerboards,

come one people in Blackburn show all voice and make big protest, and some one call to bbc and sky news then Venky`s

have to realise that we WANT KEAN OUT!

I think some anti venky`s singing at the game give nothing nobody regonise that or maybe they put some little article in some newspaper maximum...

Roverthepond unless you have not been looking Nelsen was back at the heart of the defence & the clown sat our new signing Petrovic on the bench when he would have been ideal to start would have given the back 4 better protection he plays Dunn in a role where it requires him to get up & down & plays a formation that is totally alien to this team and sits last weeks scorer on the bench so to say this week we have a team that is not good enough is laughable.

Archived