BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12 squad

Does the announcement of the squad mean we won't be signing any free agents?

No. Any player who was not with a club at the time of the closing of the transfer window can sign for us and be added to the squad list.

Mind you, doesn't mean that we will sign anyone either, just that we can.

Goulon bigger charade than our manager. ;) Wonder who monitored his trial.

I thought he looked ok at times. He was very good for Le Mans in the French league so he can't be that bad, the French league is a decent standard.

I'd like to see him given another try now that he's had a settling in period.

I thought he looked ok at times. He was very good for Le Mans in the French league so he can't be that bad, the French league is a decent standard.

I'd like to see him given another try now that he's had a settling in period.

Two recent trials seem to suggest others don't agree, always reminds me of a fish out of water.

Jal, tiresome at best Rochina also goes in there.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

What would people say our strongest line up & formation is?

As for Freebies - Appiah is available still

Appiah has extremely dodgy knees.

Ask Harry Redknapp

looking at our squad we have a few positions we could'nt improve on when compared with teams around us but at least 4 positions where the clubs around us could boast far better players.

......................................................Robbo...................................................................

(right back from anywhere improvement on Salgado)...............................................GIVET(earns too much not to play)

............................................DANN.....................SAMBA....................................................

Hoilett..................................................................................................................Ollson

..................................?????????????????...........???????????????????????...........................................

....................................................FORMICA.....................................................................

.........................................................????????????.........................................................................

Other players are either too new to know what they are about or simply tried and tested and proven injury prone/ineffective/out right useless so make picking a 1st 11 to call our strongest with any confidence very difficult.

I miss the kenny days when it was very easy to guess the midfield and who the strikers would be or even the souey and hughes years, but right now the likes of dunn pedersen nzonzi are'nt "stars" or remotely outstanding players deserving regular football, and the striker situation does'nt bear thinking about.

What would people say our strongest line up & formation is?

As for Freebies - Appiah is available still

4-2-3-1

.........Robinson

Salgado Dann Samba Givet

.....Petrovic N'Zonzi

Hoilett...Formica....Olsson/Simon

.........Goodwille

A few mysteries here. I thought Linganzi and Goulon were loaned out or on trial somewhere or something. A bit strange that they're in our squad then. Must be purely to make the numbers up a bit because we are so low on numbers. Is there a 3rd goalie there? I don't know if 1 of the youngsters is a goalie because if we get an injury there is no way we would be allowed to bring someone else in if we have gambled on only having 2. Does anyone know?

So it's fingers and toes crossed and much use of cotton wool for us because a few injuries and we are really down to the bare bones of this squad. Pity we don't have people like Faz and Branigan anymore who would play on 1 leg and then turn out for the ressies as well if need be.

A few mysteries here. I thought Linganzi and Goulon were loaned out or on trial somewhere or something. A bit strange that they're in our squad then. Must be purely to make the numbers up a bit because we are so low on numbers. Is there a 3rd goalie there? I don't know if 1 of the youngsters is a goalie because if we get an injury there is no way we would be allowed to bring someone else in if we have gambled on only having 2. Does anyone know?

So it's fingers and toes crossed and much use of cotton wool for us because a few injuries and we are really down to the bare bones of this squad. Pity we don't have people like Faz and Branigan anymore who would play on 1 leg and then turn out for the ressies as well if need be.

We don´t have 3 senior goalies. If Robbo or Bunn are not fit there will be Kean from reserves on bench. He is under 21 so no need to name him.

Archived