BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans open letter to Venky's (Daily Telegraph

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happening two days before a must win game is hardly going to help things!

I think if we suffer a defeat on Sunday Venkys will get rid, but I'd rather we won and get 3 points on the board and fast!

It's funny, Venkys take steps to turn the window around, bring in some good players and people to properly manage the club and this comes out now!

We were asking the club to listen two months ago, and in a lot of ways they have. But now this comes out, ignoring the encouraging signs lately. I genuinely think Kean will be sacked if we lose on Sunday, but don't ask that it happens right before the game! Nothing like putting extra pressure on.

This happening two days before a must win game is hardly going to help things!

I think if we suffer a defeat on Sunday Venkys will get rid, but I'd rather we won and get 3 points on the board and fast!

It's funny, Venkys take steps to turn the window around, bring in some good players and people to properly manage the club and this comes out now!

We were asking the club to listen two months ago, and in a lot of ways they have. But now this comes out, ignoring the encouraging signs lately. I genuinely think Kean will be sacked if we lose on Sunday, but don't ask that it happens right before the game! Nothing like putting extra pressure on.

firstly Kean deserves to be under pressure, that been a problem, he's had a walk in the park and he presenting himself to the media as loved by the owners and loved by the players (and now claims he wants to give out more long term contracts).

It almost like he had too little pressure and 100% backing dispite a record worse the Kidd and Ince and lets be honest with Williams incharge he would not and been hired and if he had been hired he would have been fired under previous regime.

If the players are REALLY playing for Kean then they will step up their game to protect him and get results.

All this pressure is on the manager in the article, and I'm glad it addressed the Roberts and Salgado issue because they are our weakest links.

Kean should take note and wake up to reality.

firstly Kean deserves to be under pressure, that been a problem, he's had a walk in the park and he presenting himself to the media as loved by the owners and loved by the players (and now claims he wants to give out more long term contracts).

It almost like he had too little pressure and 100% backing dispite a record worse the Kidd and Ince and lets be honest with Williams incharge he would not and been hired and if he had been hired he would have been fired under previous regime.

If the players are REALLY playing for Kean then they will step up their game to protect him and get results.

All this pressure is on the manager in the article, and I'm glad it addressed the Roberts and Salgado issue because they are our weakest links.

Kean should take note and wake up to reality.

The arguement he wouldn't have been hired by Williams is besides the point. None of us wanted Kean, and I'd rather we had appointed another manager, but he's here and in charge again on Sunday.

So now Kean's put under more pressure and it possibly influences his outlook on the game. Rather than play to win he might play to not get beat on Sunday in a bid for self preservation. Thats no good to us. He could play it safe again and play none of the new lads and stick Roberts up front.

I support the team and by default the manager. If he fails I expect him to be sacked. But I don't want him to fail, not because I'm a fan of his, but because he's the man currently in charge and we're in serious trouble now and need things to turn around instantly.

I just don't think any of this helps before Sunday.

The arguement he wouldn't have been hired by Williams is besides the point. None of us wanted Kean, and I'd rather we had appointed another manager, but he's here and in charge again on Sunday.

So now Kean's put under more pressure and it possibly influences his outlook on the game. Rather than play to win he might play to not get beat on Sunday in a bid for self preservation. Thats no good to us. He could play it safe again and play none of the new lads and stick Roberts up front.

I support the team and by default the manager. If he fails I expect him to be sack. But I don't want him to fail, not because I'm a fan of his, but because he's the man currently in charge and we're in serious trouble now and need things to turn around instantly.

I just don't think any of this helps before Sunday.

We will never agree on this I can tell, I hate the fact he thinks he is't under pressure.

After losing to Villa and Everton in the post match interview HE'S SMILING (someone still got that image?).

I can't imagine any other manager in the PL smiling and looking sooooo troubled free after three straight defeats.

He will lose because he is a bad manager, because a good manager could handle the pressure and Kean's been under too little pressure.

Did they have to single out 2 of our players for public criticism? There's a reason managers never do that with individuals, because it destroys their confidence and also affects the confidence of the rest of the team when they see one of their own being victimised. Its amazing how often fans fail to grasp (or just don't care about) this basic psychology.

We will never agree on this I can tell, I hate the fact he thinks he is't under pressure.

After losing to Villa and Everton in the post match interview HE'S SMILING (someone still got that image?).

I can't imagine any other manager in the PL smiling and looking sooooo troubled free after three straight defeats.

He will lose because he is a bad manager, because a good manager could handle the pressure and Kean's been under too little pressure.

I agree with you that he doesn't appear a good manager, I also don't like how he appears in the media either.

If after the Everton game he was sacked I'd have been fine with that, he couldn't have any complaints. I just feel this destabilises things so close to Sunday and I don't subscribe to this 'I hope we lose to Fulham so Kean gets sacked' view some fans seem to have.

I think if this was going to happen it should have been done after the next defeat, not before a crucial match.

To be fair...after five minutes of being on my knees after the Everton game, I could only laugh (I was crying inside though and hated football till about yesterday).

I agree with you that he doesn't appear a good manager, I also don't like how he appears in the media either.

If after the Everton game he was sacked I'd have been fine with that, he couldn't have any complaints. I just feel this destabilises things so close to Sunday and I don't subscribe to this 'I hope we lose to Fulham so Kean gets sacked' view some fans seem to have.

I think if this was going to happen it should have been done after the next defeat, not before a crucial match.

We'd have then possibly missed out on the rest of the transfer window though if we'd have sacked him after the Everton game. For me he has Fulham away and Arsenal at home to perform and pick up points. Four from the two would be nice.

We'd have then possibly missed out on the rest of the transfer window though if we'd have sacked him after the Everton game. For me he has Fulham away and Arsenal at home to perform and pick up points. Four from the two would be nice.

Good point. I'd forgotten about that.

I was only saying from a results point of view sacking him after the last defeat would have been acceptable. Obviously it wouldve been counter productive to getting players in and something else I would have wanted to avoid.

The team as it stand now should not go down in fact it should be near the top ten. The problem is the manager. However to be fair to him this is the first time that it is his team, and from now on results have to improve, its early days yet, but time is running out

Did they have to single out 2 of our players for public criticism? There's a reason managers never do that with individuals, because it destroys their confidence and also affects the confidence of the rest of the team when they see one of their own being victimised. Its amazing how often fans fail to grasp (or just don't care about) this basic psychology.

I'd agree if it was a 21 year old Olssen or Kalinic under preforming, but we are talking about a 35 year old and a 34 year old who really are close to the bottom of the hill.

Salgado is making a little bit of an embarrassment to his great legacy.

I think he should have called it time and be remembered as great right back who did a job at rovers. Now he's suffering a bit.

Roberts shouldn't have any confidence anyway, I am pretty sure he's not had a shot, header, scuff, shinpad shot on target in all three games.

Waste of time and of ink IMHO. My feeling is that they, the owners, the Venky's will not respond at all to this sort of stuff. I feel it will galvanize them even more into keeping Kean until THEY decide it's time. They are NOT going to let the inmates run the asylum, not in the least. My fear is it will be too late before any changes are made. My hope is that many many people eat humble pie. I just want my club to do at least halfway decent, staying in the Prem is just a bit under what I consider halfway decent but if we drop we drop. I will still follow us, always have always will. Managers/owners/directors/chairmen/players have all come and gone. We've had our ups and down but the one thing remains constant. My deep rooted love for this club. Rovers till I die, whatever league

Not so long ago, I would agree with this. But I am starting to think that the tide maybe turning a little. It is slow, but moving in the right direction.

There is no humble pie to be eaten by venkys. It appears that they were ill advised by others in appointing Kean as manager. To venkys credit, they admitted they lack knowledge about football. When you lack knowledge on something, it is wise to seek advice from others who do. Sadly they turned, in my opinion, to the wrong people. A mistake that many of us have done at times. Maybe they considered they owed loyalty to those who helped them buy the club for them, which may have blinkered them.

But as time has gone on they have, it appears, learnt that their advisors were the wrong ones and acted accordingly.

Having put that part right and started to do things themselves, they should now be able to move on.

But there is one part left that is essential for them to do. Sack Kean no matter the result v Fulham. One reason being he is linked to those who were, alledgedly, giving them advice.

Sacking Kean and appointing an experienced manager, such as Mark Hughes, would be a massive step in the right direction. Getting out of the club anything that is remotely linked to their previous advisors, would be a good thing.

Losing on Sunday should mean sacking for Kean. Not just because of the start but whole his 9 months at Ewood. Venky´s, it´s just accepting the mistake is done and it has to be repaired. Yes, it costs money but relegation is far more expensive alternative.

Not sure Sparky would come back but he would be obvious target.

Great publicity guaranteed to antagonize the owners, put unnecessary pressure on the players this weekend and makes us look like a laughing stock telling the owners who we think should play. We have not played one game since the new signings. Dann chose us because he has worked with Kean before. we have an exciting set of players who should be given a chance under Kean. Are we cast iron that Hughes even wants to come back, fancies monthly trips to India and won't jump the first time a big club comes along. Love is never the same second time round. And Dave Jones,do me a favour. Kean has bought pretty well, give the new set up a chance and let's not have the players wonder what loony bin they have signed up for.

At the risk of repeating myself, a risk I will gladly take, we have not played a game since the transfer window closed. The comments related to players is weeks old. we have new and I think exciting options. We have new players fired up and ready to play. There is no guarantee that Hughes would come back and even be our savior. The timing of this letter is awful and helps nothing. In a months time if nothing improves maybe, but in a months time with this team we should be in the relative comfort of mid table obscurity which is what most teams dream of these days.

For me there are two problems

1) The Transfer window is now closed so any manager is going to have to work with what we have. We are so short of a goal threat its insane. Why this was not sorted, we will never know but I would think its down to money? We were linked with some very good people at the start of the window but in the we got The YAK :wacko::blink::wacko: Surely we could have got someone better on loan from one of the large European teams.

2) Why has it taken so long for people to wake up? Kean should have never been appointed in the first place. OK so we know that Venkys were taking advice from a "trusted party" who is supposedly no longer involved. But as soon as this "trusted party" was removed why was advice not taken on the manager?

Archived