BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans open letter to Venky's (Daily Telegraph

This is an open letter which was done by the members on vital, and some of the BRFCS members also put comments on it, which Henry winter has published in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8751015/Blackburn-Rovers-fans-urge-Venkys-to-listen-to-their-dissatisfied-voices-in-open-letter.html

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Winter. Venky's can get no clearer a message that we are far from happy with how things are being done and things have to change. I think that the majority of fans are willing to give the owners a fair go, if they go about running the club the right way. They have made a balls up of things so far, but have started to make amends by bringing some good players in during the last window. Kean needs to go and Mark Hughes or Martin O'Neill bought in. When you consider how cut throat the owners have been with other club employees and how they had a vision of the team playing and winning trophies like Barcelona, it beggars belief that Kean is still in charge.

[/size][/font][/color]

Not a dig (especially not at Vital), but really? When our poll only got 460 votes to sack him? Got to be a misquotted / made up number ?

Seen the original letter, and I they have now posted it on Vital, and its a mis-quote from the paper, The only reference of 4000 fans is the opening day attendance was down by that from the previous season

Seen the original letter, and I they have now posted it on Vital, and its a mis-quote from the paper, The only reference of 4000 fans is the opening day attendance was down by that from the previous season

Ah, fair play, I did think it must be a mis-quote somewhere.

... and hats off the Tombo , we've had our share of run-ins with him, but it's some nice work on his behalf.

• Backroom

I noticed the same thing Glenn, I thought the claim to represent 4000 fans actually harmed the article but then when I read the letter on Vital I noticed 4000 was mentioned in regards to the attendance drop so put 2 and 2 together.

I noticed the same thing Glenn, I thought the claim to represent 4000 fans actually harmed the article but then when I read the letter on Vital I noticed 4000 was mentioned in regards to the attendance drop so put 2 and 2 together.

I must be blind, I tried to find it on vital (so I could post a link) and couldn't.

I must be blind, I tried to find it on vital (so I could post a link) and couldn't.

Found it http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=254635

• Backroom

I have to say as well credit where it's due, well done Vital here, I have often dismissed them in the past without even knowing too much but this is some good initiative here. Also some obviously knowledgeable guys have come from there recently.

Also the closing line from the Winter article about the demonstration planned v Arsenal, is this true or another feeble facebook attempt that wont happen?

Without going into too much detail yet, Venky's ARE listening. That may not (or may) agree with the fans, but they are certainly listening and seem to be trying to get as much fan feedback as possible. There have been two separate signs that'll we'll be able to report on soon that back this up.

Venky's money and whoever's choices, during the transfer window I bought Kean a little more time I suspect. But that doesn't mean people should stop fighting for what they believe in.

• Backroom

Just hope the message gets across to Venkys now.

Its "Vital" (see what I did there? ;) ) we keep the pressure on now until we force Venkys hand into action.

I personally think this (if it could reach the right people) is far more effective then any half assed protest.

For many the main gripe is with Steve Kean, not the owners, replacing him with a proper manager would go some way to building bridges with the fans IMO.

Waste of time and of ink IMHO. My feeling is that they, the owners, the Venky's will not respond at all to this sort of stuff. I feel it will galvanize them even more into keeping Kean until THEY decide it's time. They are NOT going to let the inmates run the asylum, not in the least. My fear is it will be too late before any changes are made. My hope is that many many people eat humble pie. I just want my club to do at least halfway decent, staying in the Prem is just a bit under what I consider halfway decent but if we drop we drop. I will still follow us, always have always will. Managers/owners/directors/chairmen/players have all come and gone. We've had our ups and down but the one thing remains constant. My deep rooted love for this club. Rovers till I die, whatever league

Great publicity guaranteed to antagonize the owners, put unnecessary pressure on the players this weekend and makes us look like a laughing stock telling the owners who we think should play. We have not played one game since the new signings. Dann chose us because he has worked with Kean before. we have an exciting set of players who should be given a chance under Kean. Are we cast iron that Hughes even wants to come back, fancies monthly trips to India and won't jump the first time a big club comes along. Love is never the same second time round. And Dave Jones,do me a favour. Kean has bought pretty well, give the new set up a chance and let's not have the players wonder what loony bin they have signed up for.

I'm sure you all disagree but I'm gonna go against the grain. I have seen everything since 1993, and this squad looks good enough on paper to stay in this league. You guys are right it comes down to Kean. However, the games so far have been painfully unlucky. If Alex Ferguson was in charge of this team against Wolves and he had Samba,Givet and Nelson out, he would have lost. We have struggled against Villa for years, Agbonlahoor has been a thorn in our side for three years, If you expect us to get anything away there then your nuts. Everton at home, absolutely dominated the game, should have won.

I'm not ready yet to chuck him, and personally these little fan vote thingies are irritating.We should have got rid of Kean in the summer, we didn't, get over it. He has brought in some very good good players, probably our best window in 10 years but will reserve judgement. The next 8-10 games against mostly good sides represents a huge challenge but I hope we have a good enough team now to pick up a few wins. I think Kean has 4-5 games left to save his job.

I'm sure you all disagree but I'm gonna go against the grain. I have seen everything since 1993, and this squad looks good enough on paper to stay in this league. You guys are right it comes down to Kean. However, the games so far have been painfully unlucky. If Alex Ferguson was in charge of this team against Wolves and he had Samba,Givet and Nelson out, he would have lost. We have struggled against Villa for years, Agbonlahoor has been a thorn in our side for three years, If you expect us to get anything away there then your nuts. Everton at home, absolutely dominated the game, should have won.

I'm not ready yet to chuck him, and personally these little fan vote thingies are irritating.We should have got rid of Kean in the summer, we didn't, get over it. He has brought in some very good good players, probably our best window in 10 years but will reserve judgement. The next 8-10 games against mostly good sides represents a huge challenge but I hope we have a good enough team now to pick up a few wins. I think Kean has 4-5 games left to save his job.

In the Rags first game they lost both Vidic and Ferdinand and replaced them with Jones and Evans and went on to win the game. It's called planning and it's what good managers do. Most people knew there was a real weakness at CB and this was only addressed on August 31st. Villa was completely the wrong tactics. Playing 4-4-2 suited their system, I felt that with a more suitable system we could have got something. I will concede that we should have won the Everton game.

If we give him another 8-10 it will be too late.

I personally think Kean will be gone come Monday. As last season, with Kean not travelling back with the squad after the Fulham match and going begging Mrs D not to sack him. The same thing will happen this weekend but with a better outcome and he will be gone.

Yawn, I ve just woke up...........sh1t it was a dream!!

Archived