BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The underlying problems

den

Reading Kammy's post on what Kean said today, had me thinking. Is Kean here simply to beef up the stock of Rovers players and then sell them on for a handsome profit for his masters Anderson and Rao's.

Reading Kammy's post on what Kean said today, had me thinking. Is Kean here simply to beef up the stock of Rovers players and then sell them on for a handsome profit for his masters Anderson and Rao's.

What? What? You mean they're here just for self promotion and to make money for themselves? Are you kidding me? Everything they have done to date has been in the best interests of the football club! Sure their main advisor is an Agent and the woman running the show is on record admitting to knowing nothing about the game. They're just right naive that's all.

I really wanna believe that Venkys are genuine and are just extremely naieve and have been very badly advised. However there's one part of taking that view that really doesn't add up and its the very first thing Venkys did.

Mrs Desai and the Rao brothers have just bought Rovers and are sitting down to discuss who they need to consult with to ensure its successful running. On the one hand they've got a chairman widely acknowledged as being the very best in the business, and a management structure backing him up that have produced a business model at Rovers to which all small clubs aspire to. On the other hand they've got a superagent with no prior link to Rovers and a dubvious past at Man City.

How the **** did they decide on taking their advice from the second option? Thats where all this started to go wrong and thats the one thing I can't get my head around.

Well of course the stock answer from Kean is 'well SEM/Kentaro were helping the Trust sell the club'

He never seems to elebarote on how they have maintained such a central role under the new regime with an all powerful position for their client.

excellent points Den.

Just made a post in the kean thread, which probably should have been posted here.

Its actually quite simple. Multimillion pound business: check, competing in multibillion Pound market: check, Being managed by a complete novice: check.

For a women who proudly claims to be an expert in decision making, that is insane.

as someone stated, its not just a matter of being naive anymore. They chose from the start to remove sound and reasonable enplyees and replaced them with garbage. Its utter stupidity, no way around it. I imagine a Burnley fan couldnt have scripted it better. The amount of weird/unintelligent decisions on their part, are at a level thats hard to comprehend.

Might i just add, it was their father who established the chicken company. So they inherited a sound business from the old man and were lucky to do so,in a blooming asian market. I have no evidence that suggest they are bright or brilliant when it comes to business.

Critical point re the father.

He set up a low margin, novel (for India) business with enormous logistics which made Venky's pretty well impregnable in their field. Anyone thinking of entering to compete to gain equivalent scale economies needed a lot of capital and time to invest on which the returns would be very low- not an attractive proposition in a booming place like India.

All Venky's needed was one child to keep cranking the handle (Mrs Desai) and the two others to keep out of the way- relatively speaking.

The problem is that the Raos want the power and to micromanage the club, yet they know nothing about football. It's a match made in hell and a recipe for disaster. The only way things will get better is if they employ a competent football person to take over footballing matters.

Why they stick by Kean is a mystery - you don't need to know anything about football to know that he is useless. It's a matter of simple statistics - he has four wins from eighteen games or something awful.

Den, fantastic post. Patience with the owners has run out. I was willing to give them time, simply because we had little choice in the matter and they were making small steps in the right direction, but they have let problems within the club fester for too long with no action, just empty words and promises.

A change of manager might make a difference short term, but I don't see the foundations to build the club on. Problem is, if we go down this season, the lack of income in the Championship would likely mean that the desired structure wouldn't be affordable. How would we recover from that?

So, Roversmum [and this isn't a dig], said the other day that the Raos are "getting there". To me, they are nowhere near getting there. They're as far away at the moment from "getting there", as they possibly could be.

Comments anyone?

Excellent post - just picking up on the question to Rmum.

I think the sort of things she was getting at was the fact we have potted SEM & Kentaro.....even though they are still trying to worm their way back in.

The owners have now started to communicate with the staff who work down at ewood, and Hunt is in more or less daily contact too.

They also have a couple of other very good people over on the indian trip, alongside the fans and lots of staff from Ewood.

Kean is the major problem.....get shut of him, and stay away from Kentaro's bed.

Excellent post - just picking up on the question to Rmum.

I think the sort of things she was getting at was the fact we have potted SEM & Kentaro.....even though they are still trying to worm their way back in.

The owners have now started to communicate with the staff who work down at ewood, and Hunt is in more or less daily contact too.

They also have a couple of other very good people over on the indian trip, alongside the fans and lots of staff from Ewood.

Kean is the major problem.....get shut of him, and stay away from Kentaro's bed.

agree with all

Interesting thread. Sadly the real underlying issue isn't kean or venky or board structure. The problem can be traced back to failings in the Jack Waller era. We are a small town team competing in the best league in the world. A league dominated by big city teams and teams with massive amounts of money. Walker build a team but he never took advantage of the premierships worldwide growth and built a brand. We have now missed the boat and will always struggle both on and off the field. This is why only Venky wanted to invest. Or the only serious ones. We also have the problem of too many clubs around our local area. We would have died under the Walker Wiliams Strategy. Don't what the answers is. Growing brand in India is a good idea but very difficult. Maybe Rovers will have to merge in the future.

Good managers make or break teams. Venky's have to be held accountable for the shocking performance of Kean. Kean's not to blame, he is doing his job I am sure to the best of HIS ability. Feel for Venky's. They have put money in last season and there is an long shot opportunity to expand in Asia. J Jones helped keep us up and RSC could have propelled us in to top 10 had he performed. Both on big wages.

Archived