BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protests Aren't Sending A Message

seanc88

Just to state this is just my opinion on the current situation. As a Rovers fan of over 20 years I just wanted to give my opinion on the previous protests and the planned one for the Spurs game. I can understand that people want to make a statement about the way the club is going(I feel the same), but I don't think these protests are making any difference. The owners don't seem to care whether people protest outside the ground because at the end of the day the fans will still flock into the stadium to watch what will most likely be a real schooling by spurs. In my opinion if you all want to send a message to Venky's, then why not boycott the game and ensure that the only people in the grounds are Spurs fans. The only way to show them how serious we all are is to hit them in their pockets. I hate that I'm even suggesting it because I love Rovers but It may be the only way to save our club. Carrying on with Kean is a relegation certainty. So as I said before it's just my opinion, but I wanted to share it with the people who really care about the club.

Fair point about a boycott, it would hit Venkys. But the problem is that all the anti-Kean protesters are 100% supportive of the TEAM, and a boycott would mean not supporting them during the match.

I think the protests are working, if results don't improve then they hopefully will sack Kean.

I think you're wrong because.

a. Regardless of the owners, manager or any particular player, I, and I'd imagine the majority of fans, will support their team first and foremost.

b. There is no indication Venky's care about the gate receipts, in modern football they are such a tiny of the money, it's like trying to stick it to McDonalds by taking a handful of ketchup sachets you'll never use. You have to remember these are people whole dole out free meals to a crowd bigger than Rovers average away attendance ... every day! Gate receipts are (pardon the pun) chicken feed

c. There is no indication of the impact the protests are having (good or bad) all we know is as of yet they haven't achieved the protesters aims (removal of Kean).

d. We are already a laughing stock, boycotting games will just give people more ammunition.

(That was obviously a response to the OP, not TopMan)

As one of the protest committee/organisers. I agree that the first two have not had the effect we desired. However there was a lot divided opinion on holding protests!

Now the pendulum has swung massively as fans think this is the only way to get our voices heard. By no means is it the only way but has a big part to play!!!

Boycotting a match would make a massive statement. But you would need 5000+ for it to work. Trying to organise something on this scale is a massive ask.

But as a previous post has stated we are 100% behind supporting the team. So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But we welcome any ideas people have for future action should it be needed.

The cameras that Venkys will be watching through are inside the ground and not outside !

So the protest will carry far more weight if its visible and inside the ground than by staying away from a Ewood park game.

As one of the protest committee/organisers. I agree that the first two have not had the effect we desired. However there was a lot divided opinion on holding protests!

Now the pendulum has swung massively as fans think this is the only way to get our voices heard. By no means is it the only way but has a big part to play!!!

Boycotting a match would make a massive statement. But you would need 5000+ for it to work. Trying to organise something on this scale is a massive ask.

But as a previous post has stated we are 100% behind supporting the team. So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But we welcome any ideas people have for future action should it be needed.

How about the Italian method... a white hanky for all to wave!!!???

Lloydy this another element we have looked at! But we are short on finances! We are just setting up a PayPal account for future events if needed. Looking for funding from local pubs and businesses! Plus wealthy supporters. We are holding an open meeting on Thursday at uncle Jacks to discuss issues such as this and other issues the club need to improve on!

Feel free to come and have your say

• Backroom

The cameras that Venkys will be watching through are inside the ground and not outside !

So the protest will carry far more weight if its visible and inside the ground than by staying away from a Ewood park game.

I believe they will be at the game

I think the protest is fair enough if people want to vent but personally now have no doubts the owners are fully aware of how the fans feel and action will be taken or not taken irregardless of protests.

I fully believe if we lose on Sunday the manager will be gone if not before, Venkys interview on FF was telling in that he mentioned results are the main thing for the first time publically.

I believe they will be at the game

I think the protest is fair enough if people want to vent but personally now have no doubts the owners are fully aware of how the fans feel and action will be taken or not taken irregardless of protests.

I fully believe if we lose on Sunday the manager will be gone if not before, Venkys interview on FF was telling in that he mentioned results are the main thing for the first time publically.

Cheers Tom, its going to be very interesting on sunday to see how the home crowd reacts.

It's going to be an interesting match on Sunday. I hope it's a positive performance from the team and I pray Nelsen is fit soon. We could desperately do with him in front of Samba and Dann. Been thinking about who I'd pick if they were fit and I think I'd go with 4-4-2 Robinson, Lowe(rb) Samba, Dann, Givet(Lb), Olsson(LW) Nelsen(DM), Dunn(AM), Hoilett(RW), Yakubu, Goodwillie. That way we'd have a strong bench to choose from of youth and some experience with Formica, Rochina, Salgado, Nzonzi, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Hanley, Bunn, Pederson, Roberts, etc. I think using Olsson and Junior on the wings might actually give some supply to Yakubu and Goodwillie, and Nelsen was key for New Zealand last world cup in a sweeper role so why not utilise it and have 3 big centre backs defending set pieces and attacking when we get ours.

Tom i hope he goes and fast to must damaged has happened and talks now that Walter Smith will be brought in to help Clueless Keanooooooooo its worrying times for all off us,please can we keep all protest thread to one thread as i getting mixed up with threads thank you.

Just to state this is just my opinion on the current situation. As a Rovers fan of over 20 years I just wanted to give my opinion on the previous protests and the planned one for the Spurs game. I can understand that people want to make a statement about the way the club is going(I feel the same), but I don't think these protests are making any difference. The owners don't seem to care whether people protest outside the ground because at the end of the day the fans will still flock into the stadium to watch what will most likely be a real schooling by spurs. In my opinion if you all want to send a message to Venky's, then why not boycott the game and ensure that the only people in the grounds are Spurs fans. The only way to show them how serious we all are is to hit them in their pockets. I hate that I'm even suggesting it because I love Rovers but It may be the only way to save our club. Carrying on with Kean is a relegation certainty. So as I said before it's just my opinion, but I wanted to share it with the people who really care about the club.

If I stop going to games I'm hitting myself in the pocket. Bit pointless buying a season ticket only to not go ...

If you think about it there is only one way to do it IMO, demonstrate inside the ground against the MANAGER ie target the demonstration

at Kean and not the team. Banners make more of an impact especially with the TV cameras and hopefully owners present, if there were

banners very visible on four sides, blackburn end, riverside, darwen end, jack walker it would be hard for anybody to ignore or play

down. We must do all we can on sunday to highlight the problem and the depth of feeling against the manager.

<br />If I stop going to games I'm hitting myself in the pocket. Bit pointless buying a season ticket only to not go ...<br />

Friend of mine has returned his season tickets and says he won't be back at Ewood until the Raos have gone. Sad to hear but I can understand it.

Archived