BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Buy The Club Back

It seems to me the only option is for the fans to try and raise the money to buy the club back.. I have no idea how this works, to me it seems impossible but I've seen it done plenty of times before. I imagine we as a group would have to get investors, sponsors, and a bit of our hard earned cash. I'm quite sure even in times of hardship local business' would support us- maybe the Walker family would help in some respect- another long term loan to the club which we could pay back.

Who is the main men in terms of fans we need to speak to? Is there anyone with links to the Walkers? Is there anyone with links to any potential investors?

I know the arguments, Venkys wont sell, Walkers dont give a toss- we have to try though!

Blackburnbiosig@hotmail.co.uk

It seems to me the only option is for the fans to try and raise the money to buy the club back.. I have no idea how this works, to me it seems impossible but I've seen it done plenty of times before. I imagine we as a group would have to get investors, sponsors, and a bit of our hard earned cash. I'm quite sure even in times of hardship local business' would support us- maybe the Walker family would help in some respect- another long term loan to the club which we could pay back.

Who is the main men in terms of fans we need to speak to? Is there anyone with links to the Walkers? Is there anyone with links to any potential investors?

I know the arguments, Venkys wont sell, Walkers dont give a toss- we have to try though!

Blackburnbiosig@hotmail.co.uk

Unless there are some multi millionaire rovers fans out there it seems an extremely unlikely option.

Also please do not quote yourself in order to bump your topic up the board.

I think you're being a bit nasty peeing all over his chips. Then again i bet you get your kicks from stuff like that huh?

What a lovely dream this is. IF it somehow had worked it would have been such a joy, but its never going to happen. They bought the club for 25 mill pound or something like that? With a lot of depth and the usual wage-structure and all that. It takes ALOT of money to buy and run a footballclub I would imagine!

Unless there are some multi millionaire rovers fans out there it seems an extremely unlikely option.

I agree completely. It would need a few multi millionaires on board (willing to pay far more money then the other 'owners') to even begin to make it work.

Otherwise it would essentially be like we were under the Trust - £0 investment but without the safety net of rich owners should something go wrong.

It works fine for a huge club like Barcelona. It would work fine for us if we were happy playing at a level our attendances + ticket prices would naturally take us, but it's not an option for Blackburn Rovers as a Premier League club.

I'm more than aware Venky's are doing a sterling job of taking us out of the PL by the way. 100% focus has to be on getting them to rid Kean from his job.

Its very very difficult to make money out of a premier league club and I don't think anyone has the money to throw away in this day and age (or any day and age to be fair)

Would be a dream scenario but unfortunately that's all it is.

I'm interested to see where you've seen it done "plenty of times before"

Just to make the sums easy - if the club (and debt) cost £25M then 12,500 of us would need to find £2,000. If you could then get the club operating at break-even (no mean feat) then to invest a "paltry" £10M per season in players would be a further £1,000 per year each. And none of us would have a chance of getting our money back. Ever.

Makes you wonder why anyone would buy a football club...

this is a great idea, I am willing to contribute £5,00

Now just the other £45,999,995,00

For my £5 I want 20% of the club.

Go on Dragons Den instead.

it would mean giving the V's more money and for that reason im ooooooooooooot.

this is a great idea, I am willing to contribute £5,00

Now just the other £45,999,995,00

For my £5 I want 20% of the club.

Go on Dragons Den instead.

Obviously attracting investors is the key here. Between the fans it would be impossible. Would the Walkers come back in the short term or provide some support? Im sure the scousers were talking about doing something similar, wasnt liverpool worth something ridiculous?

Everything starts with a dream, lets try and be positive. I reckon for sure there would be a few wealthy bussiness men out there prepared to save us- Dan thingy bob being one, get 5 or 6 and you are onto a winner. Do we want Venkys out? To me this seems the most direct- all be it, Hardest way of doing it!

• Backroom

It's a nice idea mate but I don't see it working. The Walker Trust were desperate to get rid of us. They don't have the same passion as Jack for the club and I don't think they'd be interested in investing in the club having only just gotten rid of it. There's no harm in you trying to start a movement to buy the club back but I don't think you're going to get very far in terms of finding investors.

Maybe someone should get in touch with the American based Rovers fan Daniel Williams. Remember this:

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=70234

It could have been so very different!

If he is a keen rovers fan then he must be aware of the current situation.

Hopefully since the article (2007) his fortune has multiplied and he's waiting to pounce.

Thanks for posting it.

• Backroom

Jake walker will have that money, we will glad if there brought the club back.

Never heard of him myself, what relation is he? Fred's son?

Where's Eddie and his consortium these days?

Archived