BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Only

Stuart

Something struck me looking at the Away end last night.

Okay, it was the Geordies and the are all as mad as a crate of wildebeest but seeing them all packed together, it was hard for there not to be an atmosphere, a camaraderie even.

So for cup games, particularly league cup where there is a small following (cult even?), should the club restrict ticket sales section by section, opening up further sections only once each is 95% full?

In order, I'd suggest: BBE lower, JW lower and Riverside (BBE areas), then JW upper, etc.

This would create opposite ends of fans, all bunched together, encouraging chants to take off much more quickly (i.e. actually take off) and improving the atmosphere. (Not withstanding the Kean-shaped cloud that looms over Ewood at the minute).

The current situation of having relatively small groups spread out kills any atmosphere dead. And I'm sick, SICK, SICK of away supporters telling us our "support is funky chick"

So Tremblers, Pune9ers, Rao-Rao girls, Kean-Outers and Keanettes, and Abbey, one and all, side-by-side.

Rovers. Fans. Together.

What do people think about this idea?

P.S. I'm a Riversider by nature, and actually prefer a side view but am looking towards the greater good.

Agreed Matty. Given the swathes of empty seats between the groups on the Riverside, they might as well have ALL been empty anyway.

it would reduce costs for the club to as they would need as many stewards on.

I was in the jw upper mainlet down to the pricing. Ive been in the bburn end so far for the rest. It was quite packed where I was but sometimes I was out of place getting in and out of my seat like zebedee, I thought looking at the empty bburn end it would be a much better atmosphere if we were all there.

The riverside did look silly.

But is perspective we are struggling at the moment and fans are not happy and feeling distant from the club and newcastle fans couldnt be happier as they have been doing very well so far and have a lot to be happy and shout about.

I was in the jw upper mainlet down to the pricing. Ive been in the bburn end so far for the rest. It was quite packed where I was but sometimes I was out of place getting in and out of my seat like zebedee, I thought looking at the empty bburn end it would be a much better atmosphere if we were all there.

The riverside did look silly.

But is perspective we are struggling at the moment and fans are not happy and feeling distant from the club and newcastle fans couldnt be happier as they have been doing very well so far and have a lot to be happy and shout about.

We actually suggested this last night too. What looked really odd was those who were obviously season ticket holders wanting to remain in their own seats in the Riverside sitting in splendid isolation. We have no choice - our season tickets are in the BBE upper so we have to move and it occured to us too that it would be a good idea for nights like last night if we all sat together at one end and only if that was full sell tickets elsewhere, although some provision would have to be made for those with disabilities who need wheelchair access.

• Moderation Lead

My friend and I were discussing this last night. I say, start with the BBE lower, sell it out, then move to JW lower, and see how we do. No point having people in all 3 other stands with them being largely empty....

Something struck me looking at the Away end last night.

Okay, it was the Geordies and the are all as mad as a crate of wildebeest but seeing them all packed together, it was hard for there not to be an atmosphere, a camaraderie even.

So for cup games, particularly league cup where there is a small following (cult even?), should the club restrict ticket sales section by section, opening up further sections only once each is 95% full?

So Tremblers, Pune9ers, Rao-Rao girls, Kean-Outers and Keanettes, and Abbey, one and all, side-by-side.

Rovers. Fans. Together.

What do people think about this idea?

P.S. I'm a Riversider by nature, and actually prefer a side view but am looking towards the greater good.

In the current divide and conquer climate created by Kean and the Rao's would think this would be a recipe for disaster, can imagine the slightest thing turning the mood nasty

No objection to keeping the supporters together but not behind the goals. The best way to watch a match is side on and as there is no price differential at cup matches why not allow the supporters the relative comfort of the Jack Walker Central?

Well for this current Cup Run, the next possible game at Ewood will either be a home draw in a quarter final, or the home leg of a semi-final which if delivered as we'd all want takes Rovers to Wembley.

In either circumstance, I'd hope that nobody is talking about closing stands at Ewood Park.

No objection to keeping the supporters together but not behind the goals. The best way to watch a match is side on and as there is no price differential at cup matches why not allow the supporters the relative comfort of the Jack Walker Central?

I'd rather watch off manxman hill.

It sounds a practical idea. Whilst it was a nice change to have a toilet block in the Riverside to myself at half time, it did seem a bit daft having all the Geordies in one place and the home fans sparsely spread across the rest of the ground. Although having sat in the Blackburn End for only the second time since it became all-seater last Sunday, I still very much prefer the side-on view. And I'm sure others would rather stay behind the goal. So maybe the best idea would be to give fans an initial choice between the Blackburn End Lower and one section of the Jack Walker stand first, and move onto other areas once those tickets have sold out?

:angry:

Bars Closed........need to look after the Loyal Few.....As a result we missed first ten minutes of second half

On a positive note..WHAT a Game !!!!!!!! :brfcsmilie:

Join Abbey on the hill. You will have no trouble getting a pint in the Manxman at half time. :D

Well for this current Cup Run, the next possible game at Ewood will either be a home draw in a quarter final, or the home leg of a semi-final which if delivered as we'd all want takes Rovers to Wembley.

In either circumstance, I'd hope that nobody is talking about closing stands at Ewood Park.

We didn't sell that many for last semi...

Archived