BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If it's Venky's out are we having a laugh?

I suspect it's now a case of rattling the cage to try and force Venky's hand as I don't think any viable alternative is forthcoming, unless the alternative is for the club to get passed around like a cheap whore among the crooks of the world a la Portsmouth. I shudder at the thought.

If as we are to believe, the general concensus, wish is for Venkys to be ousted as owners of BRFC,

Can those concerned with the campaign come up with a credible alternative?

I personally don't think the majority want Venky's out yet!, I think people want them to do what they promised on takeover of the club and stick to their words and stop lying and taking the p*** out of the club and it's supporters.

Venky's (or whoever is pulling the strings) will sell when the time is right for them, what state the club will be in then is anyone's guess.

People who use the look at what good business people are, I don't give a flying f*** about chicken's and its no use pointing out the company (companies) because the father set it up and his vision and planning made it what it is today, I don't give a toss if they build temples or feed x number of people a day, that is not relevant to my home town and my football club (unless of course the clubs money starts to be used to fund some of these things).

I only judge venky's on their involvement with BRFC , that is why I consider a) they are not good for the club b ) they have ulterior motives for getting involved (either by themselves or with other people ) in buying a football club c)They are quite happy to Lie d)They see their customer base as an inconvenience e)They don't listen to anybody who as a knowledge of running a football club f)They are currently using BRFC as blingy bragging rights to impress people g)They do not care for the clubs history h)They have destroyed a well run infrastructure in the club because people would not toe the Venky "vision" i) Their choice of "just like a member of the family" associates are totally bizare

In my book I am not impressed by how many cars a person has, or how much argos quality bling they have, people have to earn respect and Venky's have not done that with their involvement in BRFC

If as we are to believe, the general concensus, wish is for Venkys to be ousted as owners of BRFC,

It's their fault we are we're we are. There's rumours about people sniffing around with a view to buy us. Where have we Improved since the takeover?

Owners can't be "ousted".

A credible alternative would be owners that manage the club in a dignified, sustainable, manner. There's no way of knowing if such prospective owners are out there, but that's what people want and they don't really seeing Wenky's becoming it. Do you?

Unless you are going to buy them out there's little we can do. A bit of name calling and the odd banner isn't going to force someone into selling a mutli million poud business. I think they will be owners until they see there is no money to be made and sell up, for the normal person this wouldn't take long, but Venkys......

The only credible alternative (baring a miracle buyout) is administration followed by liquidation.

People may not be happy with how the Rao's are running things, but I can see zero alternatives to them other than to club being wound up.

So, unless there is a mystery bidder (that didn't want the club in the 6 years the trust were trying to sell, when things looked much rosier) then "Venky's Out" really means "the end of Rovers". Which is why I have such a problem with people campaigning for it.

the point is to get them to stop being fools and pull there finger out.

It's a joke what has happened over the last year, it can't continue, they said judge them in a year, well they have only a few weeks and then we can judge them as a failure.

Serious about buying at least a large chunk of the club.

They maybe serious about the desire to do so. But how serious do you think venkys would be in stopping them.

It appears to have gone very quiet about Ian currie etc recently.

There's not "stopping" someone buying the club, I believe it's now privately held by Venky's. If we were a plc it would be different.

If the two Ian's wanted to buy a stake in the club, Venky's would have to be willing sellers. If I were them I'd willingly sell a stake. But we're talking about people (Venky's) who don't really know what they're doing and don't like losing face (which is what selling a stake would be tantamount to, an admission that they're not up to the job).

Meanwhile, Space Station Rovers continues its free-fall, with various bits falling off of it, and will soon start burning up as it re-enters the championship atmosphere.

We have had apologists for the Venky's regime coming on here in the last 36 hours bigging up the prospects of the two Ians getting involved so something might be about to happen.

I remain very sceptical about anything related to common sense ever emerging from Pune but who knows what could happen.

If Ian Battersby and Ian Currie are serious about buying into Rovers why did they not buy directly from the Walker Trust?, with a solid manager (not my choice) and a proven board with the finances under control. To invest in a Premier League club now takes very serious money as it seems the Pune crowd are discovering.

Things change over time.

People have free money and time today they didn't have yesterday etc.

I am not hailing the two Ians as the perfect solution but I am pointing out that saying the choice is Venky's or an administrator is a false dichotomy (they are the same thing with the only question being when? so far as I am concerned) and that there are other potential owners out there.

"We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run clubs within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has full support of the Walker Trustees, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full support." - Taken from Venky's statement when buying the club.

Venky's have lied from day one, they have constantly made promises and broken them and we are now over 1 year into their ownership and the club is in a worst state than when they took over.

The thing that scares me the most is we had very few buyers interested a year ago, what sort of lunatic would take on this once proud club now Venky's have run it into the ground.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yep to get us out of this mess we need Harry Whodidi :)

Archived