BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protesting with their feet attendances reviewed.

Just thought I would put numbers to those who are protesting with their feet by not coming.

Attendances

Wolves 2010/11 22314 2011/12 21996 (first home game of season still can't match attendance)

Everton 2010/11 25869 2011/12 22826

Arsenal 2010/11 25059 2011/12 22637

Man city 2010/11 23529 2011/12 24760

Spurs. 2010/11 23253 2011/12 22786

Chelsea 2010/11 25836 2011/12 21985

That's 8870 down so far this year. Average 1478 down on last years gates. That's got to be nearly 10% protesting before we start asking for the numbers disgruntled at the ground.

Why is this not being acknowledged by the club? I expect the gap in the attendances to widen the longer kean stays in charge.

What about Spurs?

Another thing to take into account is the number of fans brought by the visiting team. City sold out this time so an increase there, I think Wolves were restricted to the Upper Tier last season so brought more this time, but I think followings were down from the 3 London clubs we have played so far.

We ate 3000 ST holders down and it is reflected in the gates.

Also, more and more gaps are appearing every week- THAT is your real protest/boycott, only differnce is those fans will be bloody difficult to entice back.

People forget the financial situation and fewer jobs could also impact on season tickets / match day attendances.

People forget the financial situation and fewer jobs could also impact on season tickets / match day attendances.

But it would affect every club surely? Rovers attendances are 8% down. Only Villa and Wolves have lost a bigger proportion of their fans this season. Incidently, Bolton's gates are up.

Dunno if my experience should be factored in but this season I could not face sending my money to the people in Pune or Geneva after I saw the way they both operate and the lies they tell so I simply didn't renew my ST. Since then despite not actually buying a ticket I've missed just two PL matches and one of those (Arsenal) I had had a ticket promised but couldn't make it due to personal circumstances, the other v City I was traipsing around Venice. Truth is that people with other things to do keep phoning me to see if I want to use their ticket.

Point of all this imo is not only that my actions distort the figures ever so slightly BUT more importantly that so many previous stalwarts seem to be losing the habit and in some cases regretting renewing as they are simply finding better things to do. In the past the fixture list was consulted religiously before any other arrangements were even considered. I think if we do manage to scrape enough points to stay up unless something drastic occurs down at ewood the fall off next year will be spectacular.

But it would affect every club surely? Rovers attendances are 8% down. Only Villa and Wolves have lost a bigger proportion of their fans this season. Incidently, Bolton's gates are up.

Bear in mind that Bolton, at long last, reduced their season ticket prices, and their family offers, are for once, very good, even if they are watching that pish.

I also do not like being compared to Villa & Wolves fans, lets be honest, how flaky are both of them, they are legendary flakes of the highest order!

Bear in mind that Bolton, at long last, reduced their season ticket prices, and their family offers, are for once, very good, even if they are watching that pish.

I also do not like being compared to Villa & Wolves fans, lets be honest, how flaky are both of them, they are legendary flakes of the highest order!

Do you think we'll hammer Stoke and keep a clean sheet?!!

We are talking mathematical trends here not subjective opinions about whose a flake or not!!

Dave you have to realise yes Bolton have reduced their season ticket prices & family prices but as 47er they have just hammered stoke & kept a clean sheet at this moment in time we don't look as though we could keep a clean sheet against accrington stanley even against Leyton Orient we conceded twice against the barcodes we were 2-0 up with 3 minutes remaining we should easily have seen that game out even then so late in the game we were unable to keep a clean sheet which should have been possible. Don't get me wrong I would love to hammer the Wigan's and Wolves of this league 5/6-0 everytime but just once this season I don't think it is too much to ask to win ugly 1-0 with a clean sheet and given the clown was a defender in his playing days is it too much to ask to win ugly 1-0 with a clean sheet? I don't think so and many would agree.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that attendance figures are actually tickets sold, so if a ST is sold the attendance figure includes that. So, if that's the case, every chance actual attendances are lower than the figures that are being reported. More good news for the chicken overlords.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that attendance figures are actually tickets sold, so if a ST is sold the attendance figure includes that. So, if that's the case, every chance actual attendances are lower than the figures that are being reported. More good news for the chicken overlords.

To be fair that's not true at Ewood, although it is beleived that some clubs do indeed quote the tickets sold figure (eg Arsenal).

Archived