BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad value

Mercer

Following Kean's observations as to how he's grown the value of the squad and the financial issues faced, as outlined in Podcast 14, I had a go at valuing the squad now (given known contractual positions / issues eg Hoilett) and arrived at the following values:

Now £52m with approx. 75% of that value attached to 9 players (Robbo, Olsson, Samba, Givet, Dann, Nzonzi, Peders, Rochina & Hoilett).

If we get relegated, or need a 'fire sale', I reckon you could half that value.

The options and implications are frightening !

52m ??????

given hoillet is likely to go for 4m max and samba as the summer has showed was'nt too high on big clubs agendas is 9-10m max where does the other 38m come from given Dann looks like money wasted along with all kean signings.

There is a huge number of players that we could'nt sell as no one would want them and another lot who would only find a home if we payed half their wages in the championship............by a country mile the worst squad in the last 21 years.

no fee at all for nelsen/grella/dunn/salgado

miniscule fee and subsidising wages for roberts/pedersen/yak/

less than 2m for hanley/all kean signings bar dann+yak/robbo/n'zonzi(he's tall and young but ultimately s**t)/givet/

£28m max the lot

frightening what a bog standard manager like pardew has done in the same time as kean with players who if we paid the wages could have attracted here how much must there squad be worth now with Ba/cabaye/Colocinni actually looking good under pardew as with steven taylor who looked s**t until pardew came in/tiote.......Ba 10m/Cabaye 15m/ taylor 8m/ Colo 6m/ tiote 15m those 5 alone must be worth a hell of a lot more than our 22 man squad and thats without using the liverpool pricing index

I personaly think if Rochina is sold the club will get just what they paid for him out of any transfer fee after K & A Enterprises have taken their selling fees and associated bonuses, and wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the upcoming youngsters being swayed to join a certain Agency unless of course you think daddy's little superstar is in daily contact with the squad for purely footballing reasons

I think Jerome Anderson has probably completely bs'ed the Venky's about the value of our players like everything else he has told them otherwise they probably would not be being so reckless.

Football is like any other market when buyers see a forced sale going on.

I think Jerome Anderson has probably completely bs'ed the Venky's about the value of our players like everything else he has told them otherwise they probably would not be being so reckless.

Football is like any other market when buyers see a forced sale going on.

The only forced sale I want to hear about is the venkys being forced to sell the club.

• Backroom

If we go down we'll not get anywhere near as much as people think for our players. If Venky's truly believe Kean's bull about our squad value increasing then they're in for a rude awakening in the summer when the bids start coming in...

Once we go down (as we def will under kean) the players value will drop as seen with previous clubs.

The real question is who do you think will stay?

I think very few under the current management

I would think Hoilett and Samba will leave obviously, I think they will leave no matter which league we play in, come next summer.

And then I would think Olsson would leave perhaps, and Nzonzi. They are all attractive and good players who are good enough for nearly all the PL-clubs, except the big four maybe.

I think Gamst will stay, he loves the club and I think he would like to try and get us up again.

Roberts would def stay ( :( ). Nelsen would of course stay.

But if we go down, the main thing then is to get in a manager capable of getting us right up again - and Kean will only make us a stable Championship club at best, we cant afford that! Its a dreadful thought!

Imagine, one year from now, we are 20th on the table in the Championship, Kean has still got 101 % support from the owners, our key players are long gone and we have almost only young "talents" that Kean has got from those dogdy agents of his

Kean: Im confident we will turned it around - we are going to be promoted. Yes, we lost at Doncaster yesterday, but we played really well - and that gives me confidence.

A nightmare! :(

Imagine, one year from now, we are 20th on the table in the Championship, Kean has still got 101 % support from the owners, our key players are long gone and we have almost only young "talents" that Kean has got from those dogdy agents of his

Kean: Im confident we will turned it around - we are going to be promoted. Yes, we lost at Doncaster yesterday, but we played really well - and that gives me confidence.

For as long as the majority of Rovers fans are apathetic, the above is absolutely nailed-on to happen.

• Backroom

I would think Hoilett and Samba will leave obviously, I think they will leave no matter which league we play in, come next summer.

And then I would think Olsson would leave perhaps, and Nzonzi. They are all attractive and good players who are good enough for nearly all the PL-clubs, except the big four maybe.

I think Gamst will stay, he loves the club and I think he would like to try and get us up again.

Roberts would def stay ( :( ). Nelsen would of course stay.

But if we go down, the main thing then is to get in a manager capable of getting us right up again - and Kean will only make us a stable Championship club at best, we cant afford that! Its a dreadful thought!

People may chuckle at the thought of this scenario but there's a very realistic chance of this happening IMO. Even if we go down Kean will just come out with something like "from the performances I've seen this year we don't deserve to go down, we'll climb the championship table next year, our plan to get into europe is unchanged" etc etc. And some at Ewood will still want to give him time.

Id say around the 50million mark.

robbo - 1mill

samba - 10mill

hoilet - 8mill

Nzonzi -6mill

ollson - 5mill

goodwillie -2mill

givet - 1mill

formica - 3mill

rochina - 2mill

vuckevic - 3mill

petrovic - 2mill

yak - 1mill

dann - 5mill

MGP - 1mill

no one else of any real value but if lowe continues to progress liverpool might come in with an offer of 20million+

Once we go down (as we def will under kean) the players value will drop as seen with previous clubs.

The real question is who do you think will stay?

I think very few under the current management

For as long as the majority of Rovers fans are apathetic, the above is absolutely nailed-on to happen.

People may chuckle at the thought of this scenario but there's a very realistic chance of this happening IMO. Even if we go down Kean will just come out with something like "from the performances I've seen this year we don't deserve to go down, we'll climb the championship table next year, our plan to get into europe is unchanged" etc etc. And some at Ewood will still want to give him time.

Some of you lot are pathetic...not only are you giving up on this season but already throwing the towel in for the next. Thank god all our fans aren't as negative as you...

Surely the value of the squad only becomes relevant if an attempt is made to sell them. If the squad was sold off with club insolvent buyers would be offering 50% or less of the players value, meaning our squad probably has a net worth of £20-25m at best.

The other view is when relegated the squad has to be sold to finance the club. Under those circumstances the players have to be replaced. In that case the value might be £50m less £25m in replacements.

The surplus £25m either being needed to finance Rovers or go elsewhere.

Either way the squad doesn't really have a value that is relevant unless we stay in the PL.

robbo - 1mill

samba - 10mill

hoilet - 8mill

Nzonzi -6mill

ollson - 5mill

goodwillie -2mill

givet - 1mill

formica - 3mill

rochina - 2mill

vuckevic - 3mill

petrovic - 2mill

yak - 1mill

dann - 5mill

MGP - 1mill

no one else of any real value but if lowe continues to progress liverpool might come in with an offer of 20million+

you don't rate Robinson much :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Some of you lot are pathetic...not only are you giving up on this season but already throwing the towel in for the next. Thank god all our fans aren't as negative as you...

As long as Kean is manager yes, this season is a write-off and next season probably will be too. If he gets replaced then maybe we have a chance.

I do keep forgetting we've turned a corner, though.

robbo - 1mill

samba - 10mill

hoilet - 8mill

Nzonzi -6mill

ollson - 5mill

goodwillie -2mill

givet - 1mill

formica - 3mill

rochina - 2mill

vuckevic - 3mill

petrovic - 2mill

yak - 1mill

dann - 5mill

MGP - 1mill

Nzonzi worth 6 million I cant see that myself, seems a lot of money for a very average midfield player

Archived