BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The protests

If there was to be a mass boycott of a game, I know plenty of pubs that will be showing it, so you don't have to miss out... In fact you can watch the game in the warmth of a pub, with a beer in hand & see the effect of the boycott live on TV.

Sounds like a winner to me!!!

Hate to say it but a mass boycott will rarely work. Opinions still appear divided and something would have to happen to get everyone onside.

Talk of a failed takeover I fear is not enough to unite everyone.

I still firmly believe that something needs to be done though. A boycott may work but not totally. A few thousand might stay away but probably no more.

A mass boycott will miss the point entirely. Surely we're blaming Venky's for potentially taking this club down but by not turning up that'll give the opposition the advantage and make it even harder to win a home game. You can't blame Venky's for ruining the club and then hope that fewer then 3k turn up on a home game which will do no more than just lower the players morale even further.

Venky's arent listening. The message has been made clear enough and Venkys are ignoring it. I honestly am not sure whether future protests will do more harm than good. Its their decision and clearly the fans opinions do not matter. They are the owners and they are entitled to do as they please regardless of how we feel about it.

My main problem with the protests so far has been that they've been aimed at Steve Kean when clearly this whole mess is Venky's making. Yes Kean is a joke but who the hell hired him??? Why are people protesting so vociferously against Kean when surely the people who hired him in the first place should be the ones answering the questions?? The protests coming before and after games that we weren't expected to win against top sides wasn't a particularly bright idea either. These next few games should see a far larger turnout/response if we dont get any results..

After a bad weekend I come back to this...

I think it may be time for protests to become unorganised.

Without decrying the work of Glenn et al, if we co-ordinate protests with the club they can control them and hold "organizers" responsible.

I am way passed bothering whether we actually win or not.

My opinion is we should all just go ape sh!!t. Anything goes as far as i'm concerned.

Will this show Rovers in a bad light? Well maybe, but I don't think many, if any, outside the club know what a disgraceful con is being perpetrated on the club and it's fans.

If I get chucked out i'm not bothered. If I am banned i'm not bothered, in fact if Venky's ban me I will be proud of the fact. I really don't want to be at Ewood any more, but i've paid and will make a point before I disappear.

As for rumours doing the rounds, maybe we should put them in a chant. Who do they sue then???

Personally, I think an open letter in the LET inviting them to Ewood to meet the fans and see a game of football would be a nice touch. I'm sure we could raise enough money to offer to pay for their trip too.

I've tried the indian media about advertisements, but am getting ignored.

Personally, I think an open letter in the LET inviting them to Ewood to meet the fans and see a game of football would be a nice touch. I'm sure we could raise enough money to offer to pay for their trip too.

I've tried the indian media about advertisements, but am getting ignored.

What about taking an advert out in the Telegraph telling them to get stuffed?

Interesting how the press differ their reporting when a "big" club's supporters want change My link

Everton fans protesting about the board, saying they should sell them.

Bill Kenwright in press saying he wants to sell but hasnt had an offer.

Now that is a stupid protest.

Archived