BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The protests

I figured it might be time to start a new separate thread regarding these as a lot of information is ties up in random threads at the minute and people don't seem to be taking note here.

Glen mentioned that the aim of the protests has changed for each one. The way he worded it made it sound like he was witholding information, however having spoken with him I see it has been misinterpreted and in fact he did not know the full story at the time and information has been drip fed to him. There was no hidden agenda, so please noone try and hold anything against him. He's revealed what information he has received as quickly as he has received it. He's done a good job in trying to organise what could end up as chaos, so kudos to him.

Looking on to the future, it is time for everyone to band together. Even if you are an anti-drama type, a message needs to be put across to Venkys NOW, and we all know what that message is. The ONLY hope BRFC has of surviving the Winter is to get Venkys OUT, and this prospective new buyer IN. There's a lot of rumours flying about and I don't think anyone can say 100% what's true and what's not, but that's irrelevant. It should all now be clear to every fan that Venkys are not the future. It's not just about results any more, they have sinister ties that have obviously not been severed yet and so we MUST do everything in our power to get them to see that selling is their only option.

As there's no game for another week, collectively I think people need to discuss how we can get this message across.

This is the only aim I wish to discuss in this thread. Not asking for people to call for the heads of the "ITK's", but to try and get the communal message across. This board is becoming more and more divided and my personal opinion is that those who are opposing the protests are just not picking up hints that are being thrown around. The club could be up the creek without a paddle over the next few weeks if we don't do everything in our power to get the point across.

Despite what many think, we DO have a voice, and collectively it might just be loud enough to be heard. The media is not the answer, nor is complaining to the PL. They probably know more than us anyway and for one reason or another have not acted. Yet.

We have to make Venkys the target and we have to make it loud and clear that they, and the company they keep, are not welcome here any more. They've had their time, they've done their damage, but it is essential they accept an offer to take the club out of their control. And the point needs to be made loud enough to make all three of the Rao's agree on a plan of action. Mrs Desai is not the primary decision maker, they all need to agree. If we can make any offer for the club appear more attractive than Jerome Anderson's advice that they should stay then we might just have a chance of getting that leech out of the club, along with his toys and his rather corrupt looking deals.

Now is the time to stand up and be counted, if the PL are aware of any wrong doing I feel we won't have much time. In fact with talks of an imminent take over bid I feel we only have a matter of days before the opportunity is lost.

Put it this way, you have two options here:

1. Get behind the "Venkys Out" movement and try and save the club. If it doesn't work, we tried, and can be safe in the knowledge the decision was out of our hands. If it works, the heat is off and we can focus on getting behind the team and staying up.

2. Sit and do nothing, be ranked as one of the 99% and watch as the club collapses, which going by recent rumours would appear imminent. Forget Hoilett's contract or signing a new striker, that would all be irrelevant as we'd be relegated anyway, how many leagues noone knows.

It's up to you. In or out, there is a Venkys Out movement happening NOW and it needs as many bodies behind it as possible. Your call.

There is one way to draw attention to the club's plight and make Venky's sit up and take notice, and that is for fans to stage a sit-in protest on the pitch before and / or during the next home game. It would need hundreds if not a few thousand fans to make it effective but a planned, peaceful demonstration on the pitch broadcast on TV worldwide would cause Venky's huge embarrassment and might make them realise that their tenure is discredited and they are no longer welcome as owners of OUR club. In 50 years, not even in the dark days in the old third division and the aftermath of the 1960 FA Cup Final debacle, have I seen Rovers fans so divided and so unhappy. Liverpool fans showed that it is possible to achieve regime change with organised protests. The club is in chaos on and off the field and the relegation clock is ticking; now is the time for bold action.......

The problem with any protest is that Venky's simply don't understand, and in relation to the decision making process, I doubt it stems from them.

Whose idea do think it was to have Kean as manager and no chairman? This is not Venkys making these decisions, that is the battle we face.

• Moderation Lead

There'd be no fans left after 5000 banning orders

There's nowhere near enough police/stewards to cope with 5000 people on the pitch...

The only reason they can marshall the amount of people in the stands is on the understanding that nobody will go on the pitch, how many pitch invasions are stopped?

There's nowhere near enough police/stewards to cope with 5000 people on the pitch...

The only reason they can marshall the amount of people in the stands is on the understanding that nobody will go on the pitch, how many pitch invasions are stopped?

Ewood has more CCTV than most security stores, PLUS TV cameras, they would have no problem finding out who the pitch invaders are.

And I'm sure Venkys would love the extra cash from the £1000 fine per person for going on the pitch

All protests are now futile. Balaji will not shift his stance. His family are likely to vote against him whenever he needs cash to spend on Rovers.

Kean is part of the furniture now. Due to Balaji having no funds to sack him and appoint another manager. Transfers - forget any coming in.

Only one venky wants this club - 3 do not. Balaji will be like us - fighting against a brick wall.

There is one way to draw attention to the club's plight and make Venky's sit up and take notice, and that is for fans to stage a sit-in protest on the pitch before and / or during the next home game. It would need hundreds if not a few thousand fans to make it effective but a planned, peaceful demonstration on the pitch broadcast on TV worldwide would cause Venky's huge embarrassment and might make them realise that their tenure is discredited and they are no longer welcome as owners of OUR club. In 50 years, not even in the dark days in the old third division and the aftermath of the 1960 FA Cup Final debacle, have I seen Rovers fans so divided and so unhappy. Liverpool fans showed that it is possible to achieve regime change with organised protests. The club is in chaos on and off the field and the relegation clock is ticking; now is the time for bold action.......

Think i said that a few weeks ago and it got hammered down.

Liverpool are also a darling of the media, Gillet and Hicks were portrayed as the pinnacle of evil in every newspaper far and wide. Amazing what a difference the media can make!

Most media scumbags are happy to see Rovers crash and burn, a little northern town team are not wanted in the PL, much rather have Nottingham Forest or Leeds in our place.

The problem with any protest is that Venky's simply don't understand, and in relation to the decision making process, I doubt it stems from them.

Whose idea do think it was to have Kean as manager and no chairman? This is not Venkys making these decisions, that is the battle we face.

Jerome Anderson is the puppet master in all of this, he has Venkys hoodwinked and all it took was a few whispered sweet nothings.

Kean is his little rent boy, and the glaring example of his atrocities. The money he must have made out of Venkys so far is astonishing!

Personally I think all the "I know more than you do" stuff on here is harming the protests. How can people be expected to potentially break the law in a stand for something which is being driven by gossip and rumour? People should speak up or stop making veiled suggestions so we know what the story is and who are the genuine "in the know" people. Basically it'sd getting boring and any protest is going to suffer.

I doubt a sit in on the pitch will get enough people involved as the vast majority of people are law abiding and wouldn't do it. Better to do something like a walk out or a non-etop anti-Venkys chant. What about "We want our Rovers back" unbroken during the next home game.

I wish we could arrange a mass, and I mean 'mass' boycott of one of the games. Don't worry about the players for one game, just imagine the coverage we could get if the attendance was below 3000.

The players know our problem is not with them. It is with the manager and owners.

How many people do you know who want Venkys and Kean out?

Now how many do you know who went on the protests?

Carrying on with protests that both Kean and Venkys are basically sneering at (no disrespect at all to Glen and the rest of the organisation team who I believe have done fantastically) is just going to fizzle out IMO, because too many people aren't willing to partake.

Something that gives a real shock factor needs to happen!

Archived