BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood banner

sambo

Lets start looking for people who call him Glenn not Glen, that'll surely narrow it down a bit.

childish banner and Glenn dont be upset it must a kid playing his silly games, will there have CCTV recorded when the banner was placed there.I hope the club not done this.

lmao you just could not make that up

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you’re assuming someone wants to kill Glen because of RIP.

I'll assume that RIP Blackburn Rovers meant that whoever wrote the messages on the flowers is going to kill Blackburn Rovers!!?? Oh My Gosh!

Could it not be a simple message against the embarrassing flower laying incident?

What a daft mindset you have.

I don't recall the flowers having "scum" written all over them, do you? Were any of them a direct attack on the club?

If you want horses for courses, surely a fairer comparison would have been "RIP protests"?

Douchebag.

I'll assume that RIP Blackburn Rovers meant that whoever wrote the messages on the flowers is going to kill Blackburn Rovers!!?? Oh My Gosh!

Could it not be a simple message against the embarrassing flower laying incident?

If you don't know the difference between the 2 messages then its not worth debating the subject with you :wacko:

If you don't know the difference between the 2 messages then its not worth debating the subject with you :wacko:

I'm only asking if it's possible someone was trying to have a go back at the protesters for the flower laying..I didn't say they were the same, only asking a question jeez.. everyone's so hostile on this forum. :wacko:

Maybe, maybe not. Let's just say after reading another Rovers forum and the venom directed toards the protests and organisers on that forum it wouldn't surprise me if 'one of our own' did it.

Pretty brainless act and I hope they get caught.

Lets not go out throwing random accusations as to who could have done this, and hope this has been reported.

I'm only asking if it's possible someone was trying to have a go back at the protesters for the flower laying..I didn't say they were the same, only asking a question jeez.. everyone's so hostile on this forum. :wacko:

What the hell do you expect? when you are posting 'cool banner', 'i have seen worse' about something as disgusting as that.

Maybe you don't get what the banner is insinuating, however its blatantly obvious to everyone else.

and believe me it is far from 'cool'

Sorry I would not call the flower protest an embarrassment. I might not have got involved in it. The reason for that has been given before - (nothing to do with remembrance day, before somebody jumps on that). The banner was wrong full stop.

But when some people are calling people not proper supporters, not true blues, drawing up walls of shame because they haven't got involved in the protests. It is not surprising somebody would act in such a way. But as I said, it was wrong of those who did this banner.

What the hell do you expect? when you are posting 'cool banner', 'i have seen worse' about something as disgusting as that.

Maybe you don't get what the banner is insinuating, however its blatantly obvious to everyone else.

and believe me it is far from 'cool'

With all the work Glen did to start the protests it seems to me that anyone looking in would assume Glen was the voice of all the protesters. Then either the message would be Protesters RIP or Glen RIP... in link with the BRFC RIP...

My opinion is only a different outlook into why someone would put something like that on a banner at Ewood. I'm not jumping straight to the terrible conclusion that someone is after harming anybody.

As we've seen from some of our protesters on the T.V some of our fans are hardly the brightest bunch..

Does nobody else see this point of view? :wacko:

The banner was kindly removed by a fellow supporter before my wife and children was subjected to it, as I have just come back from Ewood.....

Of course like the sick threats both Simon and I and our families have been subjected to, it will be handed over to the police.

People can say what they want about me, as it does not bother me, i'm always available if someone wants to tell me these things to my face, However when you bring my wife and children into it, you seriously over step the mark.

With all the work Glen did to start the protests it seems to me that anyone looking in would assume Glen was the voice of all the protesters. Then either the message would be Protesters RIP or Glen RIP... in link with the BRFC RIP...

My opinion is only a different outlook into why someone would put something like that on a banner at Ewood. I'm not jumping straight to the terrible conclusion that someone is after harming anybody.

As we've seen from some of our protesters on the T.V some of our fans are hardly the brightest bunch..

Does nobody else see this point of view? :wacko:NO

The banner was wrong

Glen is on TV and in press articles, I'm not totally surprised by the banner, it's probably what I'd expect if I was Glen, he is taking a strong stance.

I don't think it's a big deal, it's probably more out of jealously then hate.

Thanks for that.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't wrong. I’m just saying it may have been put up under a different motive to what people are thinking.

You seem to have a strong view that no one agrees with, are you sure it wasnt you who put it up? And whoever did is such a pathetic looser. Its football FFS there are people dying of starvation disease etc there is more to life than just football and anyone who disagrees is wrong in the head

You said it was cool earlier!

Let me put this in a way you may understand,

I think Darth Maul is cool, yet I do not agree with the dark side..

If the banner was against the protest with the ridiculous flowers, then i'm all for it, however the wording could have done with a little thinking about.

Well alot of thinking about actually.

Let me put this in a way you may understand,

I think Darth Maul is cool, yet I do not agree with the dark side..

If the banner was against the protest with the ridiculous flowers, then i'm all for it, however the wording could have done with a little thinking about.

Well alot of thinking about actually.

So basically..............you're a bell who loves Star Wars

Glen is on TV and in press articles, I'm not totally surprised by the banner, it's probably what I'd expect if I was Glen, he is taking a strong stance.

I don't think it's a big deal, it's probably more out of jealously then hate.

Noone deserves to have -what could be considered as- death threats for voicing an opinion! I don't actually suggest that this banner was such a threat, surely noone in their right mind could feel that much anger towards someone who's acting in the best interests of our club?!

Regardless, it certainly is a big deal. Noone should expect to face such victimisation for organising fans protests.

So basically..............you're a bell who loves Star Wars

No I was assuming most who posted on here were 'star wars still living with their parents at 40 geeks', so I was trying to put it into a language they may understand. Their brains seemed to be struggling quite alot to see any other view point apart from their own.

Seems to have worked if you can understand it though. :tu::lol:

Archived