BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood banner

sambo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so that is less than 1% of the Premier League managers and press office staff. Glen has the full support of the rest of the Premier League managers and press office staff, presumably.

Not surprising since he was the one Kean verbally abused apparently, however the Sky reporter at Ewood yesterday (doing the interviews) has little time for Kean & Venky's.

However this action is completely below the belt and below anything expected from any form of human being, an absolute disgrace. Regardless of people's views on Glen or the protest this is pure and simple vulgarity

Have seen worse banners about Kean.. Protesters eh.. :rolleyes: pot kettle black anyone?

True - but clearly not everyone agrees with what he has instigated

I know of many who feel the flower thing this week is EMBARASSING, and to be honest I agree.

Then you have papers printing his name and saying he is a 'fan leader' - like he speaks for us all, he doesnt!

Before anyone jumps on me for this comment too - im not saying its fair that someone makes a banner like that, just that his name is too much in the press for some peoples liking.

The people that don't agree, and are upset his names in the paper, are probably the very same people who cannot be bothered to get off their arses and do something about the current situation themselves.

I don’t agree with everything that’s been done or suggested, but at least they’re trying to bring attention to a dire situation, you can’t do that moaning, groaning and grumbling in MillHill club or similar establishments.

Divide and conquer by Stevie boy is working a treat.

But it needs asking, where are these protests going? What are they now trying to achieve?

Venky's are a law to themselves, totally cocooned from what goes on in the UK and if they won't sell the club to Quatari oil barons, what chance do fans have of forcing a sale?

And as for Kean, well, results don't seem to shift him, so are protests going to go on all season? Because I can tell you now, Ewood is going to become more and more divided and a worthy cause is going to be lost.

Thanks for that. Thought I had for a minute, I see you've entered my brain seen my memories and deduced that I have in fact not seen anything of the sort. Thanks again! :tu:

No need to thank me. Considering there have not been any flags implying Steve Kean's death. It is not possible for you have to seen one, or worse.

But it needs asking, where are these protests going? What are they now trying to achieve?

Venky's are a law to themselves, totally cocooned from what goes on in the UK and if they won't sell the club to Quatari oil barons, what chance do fans have of forcing a sale?

And as for Kean, well, results don't seem to shift him, so are protests going to go on all season? Because I can tell you now, Ewood is going to become more and more divided and a worthy cause is going to be lost.

I see your point, but how will the anti-protesters feel if we get relegated mid way through the season a la Derby? Will they still see the protests as a bad idea? Will they feel justified in lamenting those who are standing up for what they believe in?

Fair to say noone really knows what's around the corner. Can't remember a time though when a club with such a poor start to the season managed to turn it round convincingly. And yet a week ago Kean said he still thinks we can finish in the top ten.

I for one support the protests. They may not have had the desired effect, yet, and opinions in the ground are as divided as ever. But why should anti-protesters feel embarrassed about the protests? Don't like it, keep out of it. Simple. Much the same as they're just onlooking as the club spirals downwards yet don't feel embarrassed about the state of the club as it is, they should do the same regarding the protests and distance themselves from them, too, rather than blaming the protests for the joke the club has become.

Remember, Rovers have been the butt of all PL jokes since Venkys took over. That was WAY before the protests. It's fair to say the chicken came well before the egg this time.

Anything which taints their brand/reputation (in a negative fashion) will make them sit up and take notice - protests, thus far, have been aimed at Kean. The coverage has been mostly around "Kean Out".

A counter arguement to that point could be, usually any PR can be good for an organisation, however their overall aim in owning BRFC is to further promote their operation throughout India & Asia. Clearly, through this promotion, one of the aims is for consumers and other organisations to work with them.

Carlos your a disgrace. Not one banner at any of the protests has been anywhere near as sick as the one with Glens name on it!

Glen has never and will neve proclaim to be the fans leader. This is something dreamt up by the LT whi quickly removed the comment. In fact we have both only facilitated what people wanted us to do. Thus ensuring al the legalities are covered whilst ensuring everyones safety.

I genuinely hope the coward is found out and named. As rovers fans we all want the same thing. Some of us go about things differently as is our right. We have always respected the opposing views and never criticised anyone for not joining in.

Making sick threats like twhat was written on the banner.. Just goes to show how the club has been destroyed at its core. Under The previous regime this type of in fighting and threats between fans would never have happened.

If you’re assuming someone wants to kill Glen because of RIP.

I'll assume that RIP Blackburn Rovers meant that whoever wrote the messages on the flowers is going to kill Blackburn Rovers!!?? Oh My Gosh!

Could it not be a simple message against the embarrassing flower laying incident?

You could say the same about many protests Matty.

Take the pensions strike coming up, it won't make the blindest bit of difference, but people need to register their displeasure and bring attention to the cause, same with tuition fees, Iraq war etc.

Archived