BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukčević

Plenty of fans who can't even spell Nelsen, Olsson or Friedel. Not holding my breath that they'll ever get this one right regardless of what's done. I think most can manage to spell 'Simon' though.

Agreed that the name should be correct in the topic, so well done mod(s).

Keane really annoys me

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vukcevic did more in his time on the pitch than Hoilett on Saturday.. Now that Junior has hit the headlines and everyone seems to acknowledge he has a bit of pace about him and can take players on everyone just knows what he's going to do. Although it's great to see Rovers players running at defenders Hoilett is so right footed it's ridiculous he will never switch to his left unless he is so

near the goal he's about to lose it anyway he needs to switch his play up a bit because now he's been sussed he

looks a little bit clueless.

It's inevitable he will leave so let's let him go for any cash we can get.. grab ourselves a good CM of the JJ or Witsel

mould and shove Simon where Hoilett has been. We'd be much better off in my opinion.

Lowe Samba Nelsen/Givet Dann/Olsson

Simon JJ/Witsel N'Zonz Olsson/Rochina

Rochina/Formica

Yak/Super Striker we know we'll never end up getting

Two points about the team above..

1. Although I think Olsson's best position is in the midfield, it is exciting seeing him and a decent winger partner each other and we can give full backs a real problem if we manage this correctly (which of course Kean won't). Also Dann could be as clueless as Givet at LB so for the time being I'd have Olsson there with Vukcevic, Formica or Rochina in front.

2. Wasn't Rochina a STRIKER at Barcelona B!? Fine he's been doing alright on the wing but where's the harm in playing him behind the striker?? He's proved he can smash them in and he's got a yard of pace on Formica. Admittedly Formica played well on Saturday but he has been absent in a number of games this season. At the moment with Vukcevic warming the bench for no apparent reason and Hoilett still at the club I'd love to see Kean give Rochina a game just behind Yak.

MASSIVELY agree with this. I think Rochina could be a perfect foil just off Yakubu up top. He is not a winger and playing in midfield he gives the ball away far too often. He came through the ranks at Barca B as a striker and I think it could be his best position at Rovers. The lad has an unbelievable shot and eye for goal - give him a try alongside the Yak

Let's not start putting players in that we haven't got yet. Kean is still setting the team up to be far too open. With the players that we have I would pick something like this:

Robbo

Dann Samba Givet Olssen

Hoillet Nzonzi Lowe/Pedersen Simon

Rochina

Yakubu

I think that's a decent side if we can get Nzonzi in consistent form but I would look for a good, experienced partner for him in January because he was excellent with Jones last season.

The key is the central midfield players. In the last 6 months of last season we had the best pair we'd had since Sav and Tugay but Kean let Jones go without even trying to replace him. Last week he was talking about how he needs a midfielder who can "spot the runs of our forwards." Seems like he just can't spot where our problems are...

MASSIVELY agree with this. I think Rochina could be a perfect foil just off Yakubu up top. He is not a winger and playing in midfield he gives the ball away far too often. He came through the ranks at Barca B as a striker and I think it could be his best position at Rovers. The lad has an unbelievable shot and eye for goal - give him a try alongside the Yak

I have long said on this board that Rochina is the best striker we have (sorry Yak, you proved me a little wrong on Sat) but he has a real eye for goal, can work openings for himself as opposed to Yak who is an instinctive box player.

I think we should start dropping Hoillet and getting used to life without him. As he will be off in January anyway. And for me although he has scored a few important goals I find him extremely frustrating. Half the time he's too greedy and it all comes to nothing anyway.

Robbo

Lowe samba Givet Dann

Simon Formica Nzonzi Ollson

Yak. Rochina

Fully agree with dropping Hoilett. He looks like he is going to be sold and I would put in a cheeky bid of around 5m for Anelka with some of the Hoilett money

Fully agree with dropping Hoilett. He looks like he is going to be sold and I would put in a cheeky bid of around 5m for Anelka with some of the Hoilett money

We can't afford to spend that amount of money on someone on the decline. He turns 33 this season and has hardly been the most motivated of players at the best of times. I imagine he'll head somewhere for a final pay day, like the US or Russia.

By the way, thanks to the mod who changed the title. :)

lets not get carried away just yet hey

Agreed.

Vukcevic is one of those players who will frustrate fans. The guy has quality but he's been fairly inconsistent, which is why he ended up here in the prime of his career.

For me Vukcevic should be starting, especially after saturdays performance. If I was to drop anyone it would be Hoilett, less than impressed of late. Olsson left, Vukcevic right, now just sort out centre midfield

Totally agree. But I don't think we can currently sort out central midfield. Just don't have the personnel to make it work at the moment. Pederson isn't a central midfielder, Dunny is finished in this league, Grella forever injured and has never impressed.

There's only N'Zonzi. Unless Lowe steps up. He's done well at RB.

For me Vukcevic should be starting, especially after saturdays performance. If I was to drop anyone it would be Hoilett, less than impressed of late. Olsson left, Vukcevic right, now just sort out centre midfield

Simon can also play center mid, just needs a Savage type along side him. J Jones

He can also hit a belting free kick and is pertty darn good at corners, imo given the chance he is a steal at 2m. Easily replace Pedersen.

Only downside is he isnt too fast. But makes up for it in creativity

Any hope for a Vukcevic and Nzonzi as holding midfielders? Or even Formica and Nzozi? I mean Pedersen has been playing there and he has been hopeless defensively. Vukcevic and Formica have shown a bit of bite in the tackle in recent games....

Robinson

Lowe Samba Givet Olsson

Formica Nzonzi

Vukcevic Rochina Hoilett

Yakubu

That could maybe work?

Formica would never make it as a holding mid, too small and lightweight. Could work in an asymmetric formation

robo

Lowe samba givet olsson

nzonzi

formica

Simon. Rochina. Hoilett

yak

Maybe swap Simon and Formica.

Darn phone wont display formation right. Should be nzonzi LDM (giving cover for lb and lm) and formica at a RCM in a box to box role

Why not play Formica in centre midfield ? Agree he needs a tough tackling midfielder alongside him. But he has great technique and can pick out a great pass. I know his defensive capabilities are lacking, but Tugay for all his greatness wasn't very good defensively.

Interesting rumour, formica to leave already?.. http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/1210991-independiente-target-blackburn-rovers-striker-formica.html

I would like to see Rochina in Formicas role behind the striker, I think rochina kills us playing in midfield and he causes a lot of problems to the opposition when hes near there penalty area so would like to see rochina more up top with the yak, and Vuckevic for me has got to be 1 of the 1st names on the team sheet, definitly should be starting on the wing.

I've just realised what's going to happen in January...

Hoilett is going to go to Spurs for about £8m, and Kean is going to say the following...

"Well, I went to Canada to see his father in November & he said there's some offers on the table and that they we're going to take one of them and sign on a Bosman (tribunal) at the end of the season"

"Then I thought that if an offer came in, in January I'd do what's best for the club & get the most I could for him, which we have"

"We are in an even better position now he has gone because we had already signed a direct replacement in Simon Vukcevic who came in the summer window but we have been working with him to get him ready for when this happened and on top of that we also have at least 5% of Junior's transfer fee left (after agents fees) to spend on another player"

"I said before the window opened that I'd like to be organised for this window & get our business done early, and I think that pre-empting this transfer in the summer window before the season started was a good move and has helped us to do just that!"

Simon is Junior's direct replacement... why didn't we think of that!!!

Take into account Hoilett is likely to leave in January then my suggested formation would be:

----------------Robinson----------------

Henley------Samba------Givet------Olsson

----------------Salgado-----------------

-----------Nzonzi-----Pedersen----------

-----Rochina----------------Vukcevic----

----------------Yakubu------------------

Reasoning:

Robinson-> has to be first choice keeper.

Henley---> From what ive seen of him so far he has impressed in this role. Could do with a proven right back but could

possibly fill the roll. Also Lowe could play here if not in midfield.

Samba----> If Samba was to leave he could be replaced by Dann.

Givet----> Outstanding as a CB but found out of position without cover to many times at left back

Olsson---> Really we need to buy a proven premiership left back in January to free up Olsson to go left midfield.

Salgado--> Just doesn`t have the legs (or cover from other players) to fill the right back role but has a great

footballing mind and could cover the defence whilst setting up the forward players from a holding role.

Nzonzi---> Still improving as a player and sometimes a little rash in his challenges but we miss him when hes not there.

Pedersen-> Seems to have got a new lease of life in center midfield but could use Lowe here as a defensive midfileder.

Rochina--> he and Formica could be interchangable but I don`t think we can play them both at the same time.

Vukcevic-> If fit he has to play, ideally Olsson would play left mid with Vukcevic in either Pederson or Nzonzi`s role.

Yakubu---> Has been outstanding so far in a struggling team and is without doubt first choice striker.

If Salgado didn`t work out in that position Lowe could fit in there to break up any attacks.

To sum up IMO we need a left back and a right back - not a midfielder or striker as Kean seems intent on buying (we already have 9 senior midfielders and 5 strikers on the books).

I don't know about this idea to put Salgado in infront of the defence. Yes he's still got a good footballing mind but he gives away a lot of fouls and even in that position i'd find him a little off the pace I think. Agree about givet though, can't believe we're wasting him at LB.

Givet has to play left back atm simply because there is nobody else when Olsson is injured.

Would like to see Vukcevic given more of a chance, had a good game when he came on v.s. Swans, uses the ball well and is disciplined on the defensive side.

Archived