BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] its snowing

Nothing in Manchester centre at the moment, some huge dark grey clouds are gathering though.

Most years I welcome snow but I passed my driving test and bought a car last week, I'm still getting used to the thing so I don't want snow disrupting it! No way am I going out if the roads get slippy.

• Moderation Lead

Nothing in Manchester centre at the moment, some huge dark grey clouds are gathering though.

Most years I welcome snow but I passed my driving test and bought a car last week, I'm still getting used to the thing so I don't want snow disrupting it! No way am I going out if the roads get slippy.

Really CBA with any snow/ice after the horrendous winter we had last year! Had to walk 3 miles to work in a morning! Nightmare.

Really CBA with any snow/ice after the horrendous winter we had last year! Had to walk 3 miles to work in a morning! Nightmare.

Ya need to get a 4x4 like me :P

It costs me a fortune in petrol but at least l can get to work when it's snowing. Oh, hold on :huh:

4x4 for Sale - One careful owner

• Moderation Lead

Ya need to get a 4x4 like me :P

It costs me a fortune in petrol but at least l can get to work when it's snowing. Oh, hold on :huh:

4x4 for Sale - One careful owner

I've just recently bought a new vw polo so not in the market for a new 4x4 at this time ;)

Still, it does as good a job as most cars!

Grane Road closed this morning due to black ice ...

A police spokeswoman said the road needed to be gritted before the road could re-open

So the first hint of a bit of wintry weather, and already the local authorities have failed to keep a major road open. Surely anyone with eyes in their head could see by 9pm last night that a bit of gritting would be a good idea?

They didn't seem to have bothered with the A666 out of Darwen towards Bolton either because at 6.30 this morning there was settled snow / ice right across the road from the cemetery onwards.

Surely some lessons have been learned from last winter around here?? It's not like there was a full on blizzard to deal with last night - they've been beaten by a few hailstones and a dusting of powder!

I like the snow, when im going skiing.

But hate it when it affects my ability to get to work, and costs me time off!

I suppose a lot of that depends on what you do for a living.

Personally the snow has never stopped me travelling 10 miles to work. Had to walk and bus it a few times and be late. Better late than never though!

I get a "Gritting Update" courtesy of working for local government and l can tell you they are as clueless as the weather people. They gritted "school roads and bus routes" and the temp didn't drop below 7C that night.

Archived