BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Soccer saturday

Surely the crux of the protests organised by Glen and others is that Kean's record is utterly appalling, his abilities as a manager deeply suspect and, crucially, the new ownership has treated the fans with a great deal of contempt at worst, indifference at best? The involvement of SEM and Kentaro, along with the general stink of corruption and incompetence around the club is most alarming. Do you actually disagree with any of these statements?

I can appreciate that many people take issue with the protests. If I was a regular attendee at Ewood, I'm not sure I would be voicing my displeasure in this way. However, I'm firmly in the same boat as all those who want Kean gone immediately (which, at the very least, should be a first step in arresting the alarming situation at the club) and fail to see how anybody could be content with the direction in which a proud footballing institution is now headed.

No, I certainly don't disagree with them but I do have to question the corruption element because I've only got rumours (with no evidence)to go off. I'm not sure if you've got the wrong end of the stick with me though, I'm not content with the situation at Rovers and I want Kean out because I believe it will have a positive impact on everything. I totally agree that Kean isn't the best man for the job and results show that he isn't up to task. The way that he was fast-tracked to become our manager is wrong, as is the way that our well run club has become a disorganised laughing stock in a matter of weeks.

As I said, I try to see both sides of the arguement because I genuinely understand why certain people take the action they are doing, but from a personal point of view I do frown upon the bad timings of certain protests and I really wanted to make the other points to Glen regarding the content of certain statements and posts which I feel kind of blankets his (and like-minded supporters) opinions and puts them out as if they are the opinions of every fan.

Hope that's cleared things up :xmas:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I certainly don't disagree with them but I do have to question the corruption element because I've only got rumours (with no evidence)to go off. I'm not sure if you've got the wrong end of the stick with me though, I'm not content with the situation at Rovers and I want Kean out because I believe it will have a positive impact on everything. I totally agree that Kean isn't the best man for the job and results show that he isn't up to task. The way that he was fast-tracked to become our manager is wrong, as is the way that our well run club has become a disorganised laughing stock in a matter of weeks.

As I said, I try to see both sides of the arguement because I genuinely understand why certain people take the action they are doing, but from a personal point of view I do frown upon the bad timings of certain protests and I really wanted to make the other points to Glen regarding the content of certain statements and posts which I feel kind of blankets his (and like-minded supporters) opinions and puts them out as if they are the opinions of every fan.

Hope that's cleared things up :xmas:

I have always said i'm only on the other side of a phone or available on match days if there is anything which you are curious about, the offer is always open

These are trying times to be a Rovers fan, no doubt. It's bad enough that Venkys, Kean, Hunt et al continue to insult the supporters' intelligence with their mind-boggling brand of PR clangers, without gormless so-called "pundits" the ill-informed ilk of Charlie ruddy Nicholas looking to make villains out of the protesters. :rolleyes:

Rovers have looked a dead cert for relegation for 12 months now. Our beloved club is sinking in a septic tank of Venky silliness, as Steve Kean's bottomless repertoire of managerial malfunctions make the league table bleak viewing. That the likes of Nicholas, Stelling and any other clueless pot-bellied plank - sat in the complacence of their cliquey studio - seek to ridicule those that care enough about the club to make a stand against these walking disasters that have afflicted it, speaks major volumes about their rampant ignorance toward "little Blackburn Rovers'" plight. They couldn't give a monkeys about the welfare of BRFC in truth.

When all is said and done, this magical football club has long been characterised by class and dignity; a class and dignity it's avaricious counterparts in this capitalist gang bang (otherwise known as the "Premier League" - which is in itself becoming a pale parody of it's former self) have unmistakably lacked. Despite a lack of resources; top 10 finishes, cup runs and campaigns in Europe had been in regular supply. That class has disappeared on the Venkys watch, highlighted by the fact that Kean has been allowed to carry on against an escalating backdrop of pure unabated anger. Ince for example was not demonised anything like Kean, and that's because he was shown the door before his presence became an issue with the majority. The moment there were any audible murmurs of discontent - on that dark day in Wigan - he was duly given the boot.

Williams, Finn and other such Top Brass the clowns in Pune decided to dispense with were not only shrewd administrators and caring supporters of this club and it's fan base, but thoroughly decent folk too. They didn't want to see Ince - a man they plucked from prosperous circumstances - be reduced to a quivering wreck; led beneath an avalanche of opprobrium lobbed from the terraces. Instead letting him go quietly, after adequate opportunities to make a fist of it. 

The class has gone, the magic and sense of belonging in tow. Standards are declining in every sense; as this once proud family club looks certain to act as a reminder of the undeniable pitfalls of two-bit foreign ownership; compounded further by the jumped-up greenhorn with delusions of grandeur they continue to put head-scratchingly high stock in. 

I think its important at this time to note that the concerned amongst us are that because they damned well care about this club. If it's chief representatives cared half as much BRFC simply would not be floundering inauspiciously, with such soul-crushing indignity. How those on the terraces prepared to fight for the clubs increasingly endangered future are being vilified in all this, is simply beyond my fathom.

The day BRFC is liberated from the clammy grasp of these wretched vandals Venkys - will be the day I get my Rovers back. They have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are not anything like fit as custodians of this clubs traditions, the fullness of their ownership has been unsavoury in the extreme; and for that reason I can only conclude with... 

Venkys OUT :angry:

I have been a Rovers supporter since 1973. I have seen Rovers in Sofia, Glasgow and Sydney and was a season ticket holder from being 14 until I emmigrated. I was at Ewood last saturday.

This is now the forum where, if you have an alternative point of view, you either keep it to yourself or have some clown wanting to have it out on the cobbles. Then you get idiots plus marking that and the likes of you condoning it with the above post.

You're talking absolutely rubbish. It's not your alternative viewpoint but your downright rude way of putting it across.

Your posts are the equivalent of a toddler throwing his dinner across the room, trying it's best to get attention. Then crying when the grown ups get angry at him.

Then when your wind-up has accomplished the goal of making you the center of attention, you cry foul that everyone's ganging up on you and you can't have an "opinion". "Why is there no debate?" You cry. Perhaps it's because what you're doing is not actually debating but muck slinging to cause a stir.

But well done to you, another thread is all about you again.

Guest Rovers4Good

Who cares what they think, they are only making comments on what they see and their comments on not based on facts they are based on their personal feelings as most of them are ex players and player and ex players don't appreciate what the fans are going through as all they want to do is turn up play and go home without any hassle but we as fans know full well that something is wrong with our club and we are standing up for the right to protest which we are doing and doing well. :)

What would they like us to do boo one game miss a game and then boo the next?

These so called pundits are simply expressing their opinions and if they knew the full reason behind the booing that was aimed at Kean nothing more and always as been then i'm sure they'll change their minds on the situation.

There are alot of people that feel sorry for Kean due to the situation between the owners of the club, the manager and the fans but let's face facts that it was Kean who bent over backwards trying to get this management role and it is Kean who is still in the job to which he is the go between the owners and the fans and up until now he has made an absolute pigs ears of it and if the results don't change which lets face they aren't then Kean will be out on his ear sooner rather than later but that is all down to the owners who have also showed the lack of commitment to the club by staying away week in week out and also backed their manager to the hilt even though the fans clearly don't agree to it.

Let's not forget that Charlie Nicholas is another of Anderson's bum chums and hence one of Coco's, you've only got to go as far as wikipedia to find that out. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the others weren't on his books either, at one point he seemed to represent half the Arsenal squad, so Merson's a prime candidate!

There was a post on this forum which got ridiculed about the Yak being told to celebrate with Kean after scoring. After reading this saturday's Sun where AVB has instructed his Chelski players to do just that, the idea doesn't sound quite as daft now.

The whole club and everything surrounding it, including the press, just stinks of Kentaro. As one person on here once posted about the illegitimate one, it's like one of those farts you do in the car and can't get rid of no matter how much you open the window because it's become impregnated into the seat and re-emerges like a new fart every time you move! (thanks to whoever it was originally came up with this description, it's one of my favourite ever :tu: )

Well, we've got one day to go to hopefully get shut before weekend, otherwise it'll be the weekly presser and then more of the same sh!te at weekend followed by excuses and countless positives as we sit 5 or 6 points adrift.

Here's hoping (but definitely not holding my breath!)

Let's not forget that Charlie Nicholas is another of Anderson's bum chums and hence one of Coco's, you've only got to go as far as wikipedia to find that out. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the others weren't on his books either, at one point he seemed to represent half the Arsenal squad, so Merson's a prime candidate!

There was a post on this forum which got ridiculed about the Yak being told to celebrate with Kean after scoring. After reading this saturday's Sun where AVB has instructed his Chelski players to do just that, the idea doesn't sound quite as daft now.

The whole club and everything surrounding it, including the press, just stinks of Kentaro. As one person on here once posted about the illegitimate one, it's like one of those farts you do in the car and can't get rid of no matter how much you open the window because it's become impregnated into the seat and re-emerges like a new fart every time you move! (thanks to whoever it was originally came up with this description, it's one of my favourite ever :tu: )

Well, we've got one day to go to hopefully get shut before weekend, otherwise it'll be the weekly presser and then more of the same sh!te at weekend followed by excuses and countless positives as we sit 5 or 6 points adrift.

Here's hoping (but definitely not holding my breath!)

Bet you are in your car :P

Archived