BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Soccer saturday

I can't say I'm surprised. Although I enjoy watching the show, I find some of the stuff the guys come out with to be utter nonsense a lot of the time. They have the memories of goldfish and in our case failed to recognise or ask why Steve Kean is getting the grief he is. It's just lazy punditry, where its all just one big boys club, where they just follow the general opinion because they don't want to be unpopular. Even though I'm not surprised, it still amazes me that 'experts' can fail to mention Kean's dire record and what the consequences would be for any other manager.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it wasnt an own goal...I think it truly spoke volumes about the crowds attitude towards @#/?...and it wasnt the minority either...

KEAN OUT!!

Of course it was. The media were starting to turn. They were questioning what Kean was saying and his record, and the pressure would have built. Venky's would have then come under pressure. Now it's all about the fans again and Kean is back trying to take the moral high ground with his quite cynical comments.

Of course it was. The media were starting to turn. They were questioning what Kean was saying and his record, and the pressure would have built. Venky's would have then come under pressure. Now it's all about the fans again and Kean is back trying to take the moral high ground with his quite cynical comments.

You're making the cardinal sin: assuming Venky's give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Yeah i can be. I wasn't having a go at Derk because of an alternate perspective. It's because of his tone and attitude. Where i come from you don't insult people like that and get away with it scott free. Everyone is different. Fair play. But if you try to make a cock out of me then it's on. I mean what did i do? Having a go at Mr know it all eddie? Do me a favour!

The city of Compton?

Your havin a do at someone's tone and attitude then offering them out?

Pot meet kettle.

Also, I agree with derk and Pedro about the difference of opinion thing being jumped on.

..but I would wouldn't I. There's a bit of a "how dare you disagree with us" mentality isn't there.... Roverandout, booth, topman :rolleyes:

Unbelievable Jeff

After three pages of guff I hope you have all come to the same conclusion..............

Don't watch Soccer Saturday

Exactly. There's a SEM PR campaign going on here. I don't believe its aimed at the fans because we know what's going on at Ewood.

I think the aim is to make sure that the owners don't know.

Also, I agree with derk and Pedro about the difference of opinion thing being jumped on.

..but I would wouldn't I. There's a bit of a "how dare you disagree with us" mentality isn't there.... Roverandout, booth, topman :rolleyes:

You appeal to sympathy because your argument cannot stand up to scrutiny, otherwise you'd have no need to act the victim.

And in your case, you're on the wind up 99.9% of the time.

You appeal to sympathy because your argument cannot stand up to scrutiny, otherwise you'd have no need to act the victim.

And in your case, you're on the wind up 99.9% of the time.

You were quite an interesting poster before the Venkys/Kean saga.

Exactly. There's a SEM PR campaign going on here. I don't believe its aimed at the fans because we know what's going on at Ewood.

I think the aim is to make sure that the owners don't know.

I'm certainly not disputing the validity of this claim, but i always come back to the same issue. What use is a Championship club to SEM? I loathe their involvment at the club period. But, if the owners are sure they want them around then i think it is important to remember that SEM must be after the same short term targets we as fans are...namely staying up and stying on the PL gravy train. They will want to maintain the cash supply for their own ends. I hate myself for saying this, but they could prove to be our saviours this season. If they can pull a rabbit or two out of a hat in January it could be huge. I just hope that over the longer term Venky's see sense and bin them off.

I wish the same old posters would stop blaming people who have protested for the boo's, when are you going to take your blinkers off and realise most of the crowd boo'd this is not about anti or pro protest, these boo's rang out from every stand, and its amazing how many people on here are distancing themselves from those boo's,

It was spontaneous and it seems its just being used as another bullet to fire at the people who have protested, for once take the word protest out of your sentences and change them to the home crowd, because that is exactly what happened and I was there, it seems so many who was not there have an opinion and are quick to point the finger

You can't be serious in calling people blinkered just because they see things differently from yourself - because that in itself is the most blinkered opinion you could express. I for one am truly on the fence with all of this and can appreciate why some people choose to do what they are doing, but I can also see why what they do pisses others off.

What you need to recognise is that the vast majority of people simply want results to improve and they don't care who is in charge so long as Rovers start getting points. What the other section of the crowd showed last match was that it is more important for Kean to go, rather than scrape the points together. That's why many people are peed off with planes, protests and booing during games because they think that it is off-putting for the players and it makes Ewood a horrible place for them to be. You are highly unlikely to win them over because they don't share the personal agenda that this specific section of our fans (who are the few hundred who consistently stay behind after the matches) have regarding Steve Kean. If we (by some miracle) get a string of results together and pull away from the bottom of the table, they will forgive and forget...the protesting types won't.

One more thing though, to say your heart is definitely in the right place Glen, I must be honest and say that I'm really finding that I am not agreeing with a lot of the sweeping, generalised comments you are making of late. In my eyes you speak for only a section of supporters who share a same view - not the supporters in general, so for that reason I don't think people should refer to the fraction of the crowd who protest as generic "home crowd".

You're making the cardinal sin: assuming Venky's give a damn what anyone else thinks.

In which case why bother with anything? Fact is they would have come under pressure. Whether they'd have buckled I don't know. However that pressure has eased because knobs like soccer saturday are discussing the fans rather than the idiot's record

Their main issue was that 'Blackburn fans wanted their team to lose' abosolute load of tosh.

The goal was scored. ALL fans cheered.

Yak did the big high five - the fans booed.

They saw one side and chose to go with that :angry:

Whatever Steve Keans PR man said to them seemed to work

(I did love the way that they were slating the man u defence by the way which is one of the best in the league)

Anyway, none of us are ex players so we cant have an opinion :P

Only it's not a load of tosh is it.

All the way through the game on here people wanted us to get beat. Comments like 'come on Swansea stuff us' were rife.

I'm certainly not disputing the validity of this claim, but i always come back to the same issue. What use is a Championship club to SEM? I loathe their involvment at the club period. But, if the owners are sure they want them around then i think it is important to remember that SEM must be after the same short term targets we as fans are...namely staying up and stying on the PL gravy train. They will want to maintain the cash supply for their own ends. I hate myself for saying this, but they could prove to be our saviours this season. If they can pull a rabbit or two out of a hat in January it could be huge. I just hope that over the longer term Venky's see sense and bin them off.

Until its mathematically over they will continue to support Kean and believe he'll keep us up.

You can't be serious in calling people blinkered just because they see things differently from yourself - because that in itself is the most blinkered opinion you could express. I for one am truly on the fence with all of this and can appreciate why some people choose to do what they are doing, but I can also see why what they do pisses others off.

What you need to recognise is that the vast majority of people simply want results to improve and they don't care who is in charge so long as Rovers start getting points. What the other section of the crowd showed last match was that it is more important for Kean to go, rather than scrape the points together. That's why many people are peed off with planes, protests and booing during games because they think that it is off-putting for the players and it makes Ewood a horrible place for them to be. You are highly unlikely to win them over because they don't share the personal agenda that this specific section of our fans (who are the few hundred who consistently stay behind after the matches) have regarding Steve Kean. If we (by some miracle) get a string of results together and pull away from the bottom of the table, they will forgive and forget...the protesting types won't.

One more thing though, to say your heart is definitely in the right place Glen, I must be honest and say that I'm really finding that I am not agreeing with a lot of the sweeping, generalised comments you are making of late. In my eyes you speak for only a section of supporters who share a same view - not the supporters in general, so for that reason I don't think people should refer to the fraction of the crowd who protest as generic "home crowd".

That is exactly the point i'm making, as you quite clearly state the FEW HUNDREDS THAT STOP BEHIND, What part of thousands boo'd can you not understand?????

People Boo'd 17 seconds after Yakubu's goal, Mmmmm Who can we blame for tha?t, I know lets blame the peaceful protestors, who range from a miniority of 50 supporters to a few hundred to a thousand depending on whose agenda you believe

Its those sweeping statements which is putting a divide amongst supporters, It seems everyone has a pop at the ones that do protest and when the shoe is on the other foot they take the moral high ground.

You are quite correct we have a section of supporters who could'nt care less who owns the club, who manages the team , how ever that is certianly not in the mass majority, The mass majority want Kean out and see with him in charge our chances of staying up are slim.

Finally on me making sweeping statements as you call it, I actually think that this is not true, and my ability to have an opinion has been taken away in the last few months as certain people have deliberately being throwing bullets at me trying to get me to bite, or say something which shows the protesters in a bad light. To date I can hold my head up high, as despite their best efforts I think I have kept my cool, which at times can be hard, because after all i'm only human and just a supporter

You can't be serious in calling people blinkered just because they see things differently from yourself - because that in itself is the most blinkered opinion you could express.

Glenn didn't called people who saw things different from himself 'blinkered'. He said those people that choose not to see what everone else saw were blinkered - namely that many, many people not involved in the protests chose to boo Kean at that point. To blame that on the protesters is, well, blinkered.

In which case why bother with anything? Fact is they would have come under pressure. Whether they'd have buckled I don't know. However that pressure has eased because knobs like soccer saturday are discussing the fans rather than the idiot's record

But the pressure would have buckled irrespective of the boos because we won.

Why bother?

Because it's the right thing to do. To stand up against tyrants and corruption - isn't that what your tagline says?

That is exactly the point i'm making, as you quite clearly state the FEW HUNDREDS THAT STOP BEHIND, What part of thousands boo'd can you not understand?????

People Boo'd 17 seconds after Yakubu's goal, Mmmmm Who can we blame for tha?t, I know lets blame the peaceful protestors, who range from a miniority of 50 supporters to a few hundred to a thousand depending on whose agenda you believe

Its those sweeping statements which is putting a divide amongst supporters, It seems everyone has a pop at the ones that do protest and when the shoe is on the other foot they take the moral high ground.

You are quite correct we have a section of supporters who could'nt care less who owns the club, who manages the team , how ever that is certianly not in the mass majority, The mass majority want Kean out and see with him in charge our chances of staying up are slim.Finally on me making sweeping statements as you call it, I actually think that this is not true, and my ability to have an opinion has been taken away in the last few months as certain people have deliberately being throwing bullets at me trying to get me to bite, or say something which shows the protesters in a bad light. To date I can hold my head up high, as despite their best efforts I think I have kept my cool, which at times can be hard, because after all i'm only human and just a supporter

Glen, you need to clarify what you are meaning by "thousands booed".

If I am reading it correctly my opinion of it is; there is no doubt in my mind that thousands and thousands want Kean out for the good of the club but "thousands booed" isn't accurate - it was a few hundred (mainly in N01) who booed (the celebration).

I really don't want to bang on and on or chip away at you because you do have Rovers at heart, but you genuinely do make many sweeping statements in your interviews and posts etc. and you will often use the terms "majority" or "the fans" and it is increasingly hard to differentiate between who you are the face of - are you representing the section of protesting fans or are you suggesting that you are voicing the concerns or opinions of all fans? Either way, I don't think it is accurate or necessary to focus on over-inflated numbers and I just wish you'd steer clear from including it all of the time.

From my perspective too, I cannot and I am not buying into the conspiracies that underpin a lot of the initial anti-Kean/Venky sentiment because I have been given no evidence to make me think otherwise (if you want to provide it, I'm man enough to apologise). The latest one doing the rounds on the site is "the club are trying to divide the fans"...it is much more simple than that, some fans, their actions, differing opinions and frustrations are dividing fans - nothing else.

I hope you take what I say constructively Glen, I'm not trying to get you to bite and it is only an opinion after all so don't lose any sleep over it.

Glenn didn't called people who saw things different from himself 'blinkered'. He said those people that choose not to see what everone else saw were blinkered - namely that many, many people not involved in the protests chose to boo Kean at that point. To blame that on the protesters is, well, blinkered.

Sorry :tu:

The way I see it is this - ask yourself the question, do you think that Steve Kean can keep Blackburn Rovers in the Premiership this season?

If the answer to that is no then you should do all that is needed to remove him from his current position (history shows that fan discontent generally gets the job done). If you answer no and choose to do nothing, you are part of the problem.

I think another poster mentioned on this thread that the Sky lot are a bit of a boys club. I'd go along with that and there is a bit of that ex pro smugness about them that always seems to suggest to me "What do the 'punters' know?" Having said that their incredulity at the protests is shared by sections of the print media and other neutrals. I've read some broadsheet articles that have expressed disbelief at the discontent as if they dont see that we are in the bottom three with a truely dreadful win ratio.

As for the Yakubu booing issue, from my perspective the booing only started when Kean appeared on the big screen to high five the Yak. Nothing wrong with a manager celebrating a goal but Kean is well aware of the antipathy towards him and covorting on the touchline was crass and insensitive. The right thing to do would to have remained in the technical area, applauded the scorer and ushered him back into the Rovers half. Instead Kean came accross as an individual who is something of a self publicist with no self awareness if such a thing is possible.

Regarding the atmosphere at Ewood I was warned that it was fairly poisonous but after an absence of around two years I just found it a bit surreal. That said the family of season ticket holders that have sat in front of us for yonks looked distinctly uncomfortable at much of the shouts and chanting. At one point the teenage girl in the party said "dont Dad" and grabbed her Old Man's sleeve as he got up to remonstrate with some loud mouthed chavs. Sad that true Rovers like them should feel so intimidated at Ewood.

Which brings me to this forum. I think that there is a significant number of us on here who do not wish to protest and whilst dissatisfied with Venkys and Steve Kean do not buy into the paranoia and hysteria that has become prevailant on this board. I think many of us see claims that Yakubu ran to Kean because Venkys instructed him to are so ridiculous that it is an embarrassment but that is symptomatic of much of the nonsence that is posted on here as fact. If you have the nerve to stand up to this crap you are then hounded and minus pointed by the usual suspects. Earlier today I had some nomark offering me out.

There was an excellent piece in this week's Accrington Observer by 'Blue Eyed Boy'. Unfortunately I cant post a link but Hyndburn based Rovers fans might well be aware of it. The crux of the piece was that the author had enjoyed a great day out at Ewood watching his beloved club pick up three vital points only to arrive home and be told that he wasn't a 'true Rovers supporter' because he hadn't stayed behind to shout at the Manager and owners.

Food for thought Glenn?

Surely the crux of the protests organised by Glen and others is that Kean's record is utterly appalling, his abilities as a manager deeply suspect and, crucially, the new ownership has treated the fans with a great deal of contempt at worst, indifference at best? The involvement in club affairs of SEM and Kentaro, along with the general stink of corruption and incompetence around the place is most alarming. Do you actually disagree with any of these statements?

I can appreciate that many people take issue with the protests. If I was a regular attendee at Ewood, I'm not sure I would be voicing my displeasure in this way. However, I'm firmly in the same boat as all those who want Kean gone immediately (which, at the very least, should be a first step in arresting the alarming situation at the club) and fail to see how anybody could be content with the direction in which a proud footballing institution is now headed.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to lectured to by people who know nowt or have a massive conflict of interest, who are highly paid to sit on their arses watching the games we scrimp and save to be able to see.

They don't give a feck about BRFC and we are merely a good story this week now AVB and Wenger are flavour of the month again.

The Yakubu incident hasn't gone well, however you are either in this battle for the long haul or you aint, we regroup and carry on.

Hold your nerve and remember who the real enemies are.

Bang on !

Furk Charlse Nicholarse

Jeff stelling and every cont else.

No doubt they'll be grief stricken when we go down. Furkin MUPPETS

Archived