BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Soccer saturday

Charlie Nicolas, Jeff Stelling really tore into rovers fans for booing Kean when the yak ran over to him, really biased to Kean and no mention of his poor poor record, no comments on Wayne's part of the interview, still saying we are booing the team and not him, i am really annoyed, only phil Thompson has stayed on our side a little bit. who has the email address. :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sadly it was made very easy to criticise the fans after the booing after the goal, someone said earlier in the week that it turned the media back on Keans side and made the fans look like idiots to the outside world.

Sadly it was made very easy to criticise the fans after the booing after the goal, someone said earlier in the week that it turned the media back on Keans side and made the fans look like idiots to the outside world.

and when we get slaughtered by Sunderland tomorrow, will they still blame us because the manager is useless, to put it mildly, bearing in mind it is the season of goodwill?

• Backroom

and when we get slaughtered by Sunderland tomorrow, will they still blame us because the manager is useless, to put it mildly, bearing in mind it is the season of goodwill?

I imagine last weeks happenings has bought him a few more weeks grace in the hivemind of the media, they will probably only blame him again after we lose the next easy home game.

Their main issue was that 'Blackburn fans wanted their team to lose' abosolute load of tosh.

The goal was scored. ALL fans cheered.

Yak did the big high five - the fans booed.

They saw one side and chose to go with that :angry:

Whatever Steve Keans PR man said to them seemed to work

(I did love the way that they were slating the man u defence by the way which is one of the best in the league)

Anyway, none of us are ex players so we cant have an opinion :P

I think people forget how some parts of the protest look to those who are not Rovers supporters. Last week it 'looked' like fans were booing yakubu. Maybe not intended, but that is, like it not, how it was.perceived.

Therefore it is not surprising that is how the media have reported things.

Correct. It's not having the desired effect. IMO the booing must stop, unless the performance has been dire enought to warrent it at the end of the game. The vast majority of onlookers see it differently to the fans protesting. Pundits are mocking the booing fans which directly affects the opinion of the majority of viewers. The MOST important thing is for Rovers to stay in prem! Nowt else! T shirts, scarves etc. are fine, but it's coming across like the fans want us to lose and inevitably go down. COYB

Correct. It's not having the desired effect. IMO the booing must stop, unless the performance has been dire enought to warrent it at the end of the game. The vast majority of onlookers see it differently to the fans protesting. Pundits are mocking the booing fans which directly affects the opinion of the majority of viewers. The MOST important thing is for Rovers to stay in prem! Nowt else! T shirts, scarves etc. are fine, but it's coming across like the fans want us to lose and inevitably go down. COYB

Aaaargh!! Then we are described as fickle!

Face it, the media don't give two ##### about us and will happily see us drop through the divisions to be replaced by a Southampton or whoever.

We know what the boos are for, so does Kean, and so do the media/pundits. They just act obtuse because it suits their agenda.

Trouble is, their agenda is being bought by half of the Rovers fans preventing us from uniting.

Everyone agrees that the fans ARE the club yet some prefer to side with the fly-by-night chancer who, if he was to become successful, would clear off, same as every other manager and player.

The ultimate irony is that the most pointed protests have generated both wins this season.

I thought Sky had interviewed Glen asking for his views on Kean just this week. Where has this disappeared to, or will that be aired with less biased pundits before tomorow's game?

BTW for me, the most offensive bit of Charlie's rubbish was the suggestion that we ought to stop singing about Jack Walker. Still hopping mad about that gem.

I think people forget how some parts of the protest look to those who are not Rovers supporters. Last week it 'looked' like fans were booing yakubu. Maybe not intended, but that is, like it not, how it was.perceived.

Therefore it is not surprising that is how the media have reported things.

This is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make last weekend. However you tried to spin it, booing after we had just scored a goal looked bad and unfortunately, the most important thing about the protests is perception. If the protests arent taken seriously then Kean will get a lot of sympathy from the media. If the media shows sympathy then its unlikely they'll focus their attentions towards the protests and Venky's wont take any notice.

Anyone looking in from the outside would have seen that goal plus the booing and come to the same conclusion as the Sky Sports panel. Thats not to say that its right but that is how it would have appeared.

If you want these protests to be taken seriously then there has to be a rethink. Booing when we've just scored a goal (regardless of Kean's actions) or protesting after a game that we've won, does look stupid. I dont agree with the guys on sky sports but based on what happened last saturday I could hardly blame them for coming to those conclusions.

This is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make last weekend. However you tried to spin it, booing after we had just scored a goal looked bad and unfortunately, the most important thing about the protests is perception. If the protests arent taken seriously then Kean will get a lot of sympathy from the media. If the media shows sympathy then its unlikely they'll focus their attentions towards the protests and Venky's wont take any notice.

Anyone looking in from the outside would have seen that goal plus the booing and come to the same conclusion as the Sky Sports panel. Thats not to say that its right but that is how it would have appeared.

If you want these protests to be taken seriously then there has to be a rethink. Booing when we've just scored a goal (regardless of Kean's actions) or protesting after a game that we've won, does look stupid. I dont agree with the guys on sky sports but based on what happened last saturday I could hardly blame them for coming to those conclusions.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to lectured to by people who know nowt or have a massive conflict of interest, who are highly paid to sit on their arses watching the games we scrimp and save to be able to see.

They don't give a feck about BRFC and we are merely a good story this week now AVB and Wenger are flavour of the month again.

The Yakubu incident hasn't gone well, however you are either in this battle for the long haul or you aint, we regroup and carry on.

Hold your nerve and remember who the real enemies are.

I thought Sky had interviewed Glen asking for his views on Kean just this week. Where has this disappeared to, or will that be aired with less biased pundits before tomorow's game?

BTW for me, the most offensive bit of Charlie's rubbish was the suggestion that we ought to stop singing about Jack Walker. Still hopping mad about that gem.

Yeah, I'll do that. On the condition United fans stop singing about Matt Busby, Liverpool fans stop singing about Shankly and Paisley, Leeds fans Revie, Forest fans Cloughie etc. etc. etc.

I have to admit that booing a player for celebrating a goal (that put us ahead) is pretty indefensible. Protest and boo after the match or when the game is dead and buried, but we should be fully behind the team during a game.

I have to admit that booing a player for celebrating a goal (that put us ahead) is pretty indefensible. Protest and boo after the match or when the game is dead and buried, but we should be fully behind the team during a game.

It should never have come to this in the first place, Eddie. Maybe the so-called "experts" should have realized this first?

Aaaargh!! Then we are described as fickle!

Face it, the media don't give two ##### about us and will happily see us drop through the divisions to be replaced by a Southampton or whoever.

We know what the boos are for, so does Kean, and so do the media/pundits. They just act obtuse because it suits their agenda.

Trouble is, their agenda is being bought by half of the Rovers fans preventing us from uniting.

Everyone agrees that the fans ARE the club yet some prefer to side with the fly-by-night chancer who, if he was to become successful, would clear off, same as every other manager and player.

The ultimate irony is that the most pointed protests have generated both wins this season.

Living away from Blackburn probably gives me a different angle on this issue. I have been frequently asked by my mates (mainly Bolton fans), why the **** were the fans booing when you're winning etc. I've explained and even went to the trouble of printing the fantastic photo thread to show them the extent of the fans dislike of the goings on at Rovers. Over the years, we always grumbled and moaned about performances and booed at half time and full time, that's not fickle, it's how all football fans react! This is the point I'm trying to get across, outside of Blackburn, the protests are not achieving what they are intending to! Onlookers just listen to pundits etc. and have their opinion tainted by them, regardless of SEM etc.

If only the media could be swayed to focus on the real issues, Venky's, Anderson etc. that would be a result for the protests, the media would do the rest and broadcast it to the nation.

HE WAS NOT BOOED.

Living away from Blackburn probably gives me a different angle on this issue. I have been frequently asked by my mates (mainly Bolton fans), why the **** were the fans booing when you're winning etc. I've explained and even went to the trouble of printing the fantastic photo thread to show them the extent of the fans dislike of the goings on at Rovers. Over the years, we always grumbled and moaned about performances and booed at half time and full time, that's not fickle, it's how all football fans react! This is the point I'm trying to get across, outside of Blackburn, the protests are not achieving what they are intending to! Onlookers just listen to pundits etc. and have their opinion tainted by them, regardless of SEM etc.

If only the media could be swayed to focus on the real issues, Venky's, Anderson etc. that would be a result for the protests, the media would do the rest and broadcast it to the nation.

That's rich considering they booed Megson before he even managed one game!

They were not booing the player, how many times do people have to re-iterate this. If that was the case why did they not boo the moment the ball hit the back of the net?

I didn't boo but I did cringe as I saw Yakubu heading towards Kean. I fear that, despite the justified sentiments behind it, the booing may have set back the campaign several weeks as even some of our own fans can distinguish what the true meaning was, never mind ill-informed pundits and journalists.

The concensus among pundits seems to be that Rovers problems are caused by the fans. We are banging our heads against a brick wall.

Maybe it's because of people like yourself that the media believe that Yakubu was boo'ed because you keep saying it, regardless of the fact it is not true!

Archived