BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Soccer saturday

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all that the pre/post match protests have done is give the local morons a platform to mouth off and chant childish personal insults, ok about 20-25% are decent folk believing they are doing the right thing but there just drowned out by the gobby idiots, I think the organised protests should end and just let nature take its place.

p.s. it also says a lot when the main organiser and instigator of the protests admits he had to walk away from those protesting because he wasnt happy with the nature of the booing/chanting.

HE WAS NOT BOOED.

Unfortunately Matty the truth is that everyone who heard the booing who isn't in to the subtlety of 'I was booing Kean, not Yakubu' actually connected that to the goal celebration. Yakubu runs towards Kean and a number in the crowd are incensed that Kean is included in the celebration by Yakubu and start to boo. It commenced when Yakubu got to about 10 metres from Kean and people realised that he had chosen to head for Kean.

So Yakubu wasn't booed? It sounded to me, lots of other fans and the neutrals plus 100% of the media and pundits that the goal celebration was booed. If you want to claim that was aimed at Kean then fine, if you were going to boo Kean why didn't that happen in the same volume when he walked out into the technical area for the first time? No, it was when a Rovers player showed some connection with his manager that the booing hit a crescendo.

Don't be surprised if others put 2 and 2 together and make a different result than you intended. That goes for the whole protest in my opinion, different results than was intended with neutrals feeling sympathy for Kean and bemusement at the protestors. Rather than showing anger at others for their understandable misinterpretation isn't it time that there was some thought as to what the results of the unabated hatred for Kean might be doing to our image as fans?

I have to admit that booing a player for celebrating a goal (that put us ahead) is pretty indefensible. Protest and boo after the match or when the game is dead and buried, but we should be fully behind the team during a game.

The crowd were booing when Mister Potatoe Head came on the big screen after the goal. Is that ok with you Eddie? Is that defensible? Get off your high horse! I bet it's easy to criticise fans over there whilst you sit in your brasserie chomping on onions going "Hoh-hee-hoh-hee-hoh" You realy do wind me up with your "know it all" personality you pecker!

The crowd were booing when Mister Potatoe Head came on the big screen after the goal. Is that ok with you Eddie? Is that defensible? Get off your high horse! I bet it's easy to criticise fans over there whilst you sit in your brasserie chomping on onions going "Hoh-hee-hoh-hee-hoh" You realy do wind me up with your "know it all" personality you pecker!

ffs

Their main issue was that 'Blackburn fans wanted their team to lose' abosolute load of tosh.

I disagree, lots of Rovers fans genuinely wanted the team to lose because they were that desperate to get rid of Kean and they thought it would be the final nail in his coffin.

Unfortunately Matty the truth is that everyone who heard the booing who isn't in to the subtlety of 'I was booing Kean, not Yakubu' actually connected that to the goal celebration. Yakubu runs towards Kean and a number in the crowd are incensed that Kean is included in the celebration by Yakubu and start to boo. It commenced when Yakubu got to about 10 metres from Kean and people realised that he had chosen to head for Kean.

So Yakubu wasn't booed? It sounded to me, lots of other fans and the neutrals plus 100% of the media and pundits that the goal celebration was booed. If you want to claim that was aimed at Kean then fine, if you were going to boo Kean why didn't that happen in the same volume when he walked out into the technical area for the first time? No, it was when a Rovers player showed some connection with his manager that the booing hit a crescendo.

Don't be surprised if others put 2 and 2 together and make a different result than you intended. That goes for the whole protest in my opinion, different results than was intended with neutrals feeling sympathy for Kean and bemusement at the protestors. Rather than showing anger at others for their understandable misinterpretation isn't it time that there was some thought as to what the results of the unabated hatred for Kean might be doing to our image as fans?

Of course the media have spun it, we shouldn't expect any different, it just annoys me whe Rovers fans repeat it, as dunc said if we were booing the goal, why wasn't Yak booed when it hit the net?

ffs

People like you ###### me off riding in on your high horse with your "I'm mr sensible and you are being a silly silly boy" comments. It was a stupid comment for him to make. It's not just me giving him grief for it. And he does seem like a know it all little prick...so feck off back to button moon mister spoon.

The crowd were booing when Mister Potatoe Head came on the big screen after the goal.

The crowd did boo when the big screen cut to Kean celebrating. It was pretty much right when he appeared, that's why I still have doubts whether it was the Yak/Kean celebration at all and just the fact that Kean's big grinning mug appeared in extreme close up.

When everyone was jumping up and down happy with a goal, the last thing you want is to see his big mug reminding you how bad things actually are.

Goes to show how disliked he is.

They were not booing the player, how many times do people have to re-iterate this. If that was the case why did they not boo the moment the ball hit the back of the net?

I didn't boo but I did cringe as I saw Yakubu heading towards Kean. I fear that, despite the justified sentiments behind it, the booing may have set back the campaign several weeks as even some of our own fans can distinguish what the true meaning was, never mind ill-informed pundits and journalists.

The concensus among pundits seems to be that Rovers problems are caused by the fans. We are banging our heads against a brick wall.

A goal was scored and a few seconds later there were boos. Every ROVERS fan knows that the boos were aimed at Kean but to the casual observer its not that obvious. I fully understand why the fans were booing I just dont agree that the best time to boo is when we've scored. Likewise, a sit in protest doesn't look great after we've won a game. There is no easy solution but I can understand why pundits who aren't connected to Blackburn will view these protests rather cynically.

LOL, Bolton fans sounding off about supporting the team, I've heard it all now!

In my vast experience of growing up surrounded by them, they are very quick to criticise, although, having never lived in Blackburn or had mates who are Rovers fans I suppose I could be judging Bolton fans unfairly! Thinking about it, there were many Rovers fans who slagged Sam off from day one, while I gloated about him to the Bolton fans. Perhaps we are the same as Bolton fans. Hmmm, always thought we were better!

People like you ###### me off riding in on your high horse with your "I'm mr sensible and you are being a silly silly boy" comments. It was a stupid comment for him to make. It's not just me giving him grief for it. And he does seem like a know it all little prick...so feck off back to button moon mister spoon.

Wow, just like a verbal joust with Oscar Wilde!

You're a perfect spokesperson for the Shriekers even if you are only 11.

Of course the media have spun it, we shouldn't expect any different, it just annoys me whe Rovers fans repeat it, as dunc said if we were booing the goal, why wasn't Yak booed when it hit the net?

It might not have been your intention but I'd have to disagree and say that some fans definitely booed Yakubu celebrating with Kean (not just Kean). I also heard a few knobheads shouting stuff when he was doing it.

Seeing as it seems like certain fans are desperate for media attention to raise awareness of our club's issues, some fans do have to think of how they are projecting themselves to everyone else because certain things look laughable from the outside looking in.

They refused to talk about Kean's awful record...they then imo refuse to except the real reason behind the booing and unrest.

Our fans have been patient and understanding beyond belief in the circumstances,why is this never commented on...why the eck do we bother!!

Thompson,never heard you once criticise your beloved Liverpool supporters over their treatment of Hodgson. <_<

Wow, just like a verbal joust with Oscar Wilde!

You're a perfect spokesperson for the Shriekers even if you are only 11.

Tell you what. Next time your in backburn lets meet up and sort this out properly. It's very easy to mouth off behind a keyboard. Are you a coward Derk?

Are the shriekers related to the tremblers?

Sort of. The Tremblers are of their ilk just not as noisy.

Tell you what. Next time your in backburn lets meet up and sort this out properly. It's very easy to mouth off behind a keyboard. Are you a coward Derk?

:lol:

He's just getting his wum on for a change.

Anybody who expresses any kind of opinion on here that dosnt tally with that of the Angry Mob is a 'WUM' or other such epithet.

Debate is dead on here.

Roughly translated...

"The only Blackburn I visit is the armchair I've nicknamed Ewood Park."

I have been a Rovers supporter since 1973. I have seen Rovers in Sofia, Glasgow and Sydney and was a season ticket holder from being 14 until I emmigrated. I was at Ewood last saturday.

This is now the forum where, if you have an alternative point of view, you either keep it to yourself or have some clown wanting to have it out on the cobbles. Then you get idiots plus marking that and the likes of you condoning it with the above post.

degsy it's the fact half of your posts consist of 'ffs' or just abuse/mockery of other people. Not sure what that adds to the debate?

Nothing wrong with having a differnt view on the actual issues.

We have had this debate before. I havn't always posted like that and it isn't in my nature to do so. My posting style has, unfortunately, changed drastically over the last 12 months as has the frequency.

The reason is obvious.

degsy it's the fact half of your posts consist of 'ffs' or just abuse/mockery of other people. Not sure what that adds to the debate?

Nothing wrong with having a differnt view on the actual issues.

That isn't really true though is it?

The level of debate on this site has descended so far that anyone with an alternate viewpoint or who just doesn't agree with the mob on every single point, is immeadiately cast as a mole/venkys employee. Just re-read the last page. You have one idiot child insulting and offering people out for a fight for disagreeing with him and all the criticism is coming the way of those on the recieving end. Fabulous.

Archived